Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
"Several "Canadians" have already went south to the United States and have set up secret cells. I'll name drop - Lorne Greene, Jim Carey, Paul Anka, Mike Myer, Hank Snow and David Frum - just to name a few. They were the early ones that blazed the trail for invasion."

Pretty hard to talk about an "invasion" w/o mention of Capt. Kirk who hails from Canada as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shatner

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
And never forget Alex Trebeck, the host of Jeopardy. He used to host "Let's Go!" from Toronto in the 60's. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

B
B
Originally Posted by North61
Originally Posted by bbqguy
Let's not lose sight of one thing; Stevie is the most serious threat to democracy in Canada we have ever seen.
He used the LGR to solidify a block of special interest votes. He doesn't give a rat's a$$ about long guns or their owners, only their votes to help with his agenda. Yes, the LGR was an inconvenience, but it did nothing to interfere with the buying and selling of firearms. One phone call is all we had to do to comply with the requirements, that's all. It really wasn't a big deal.
Let's start looking at the big picture!

Are you wearing your tin foil hat? If Steven Harper is the biggest threat to democracy in Canada then we don't have much to worry about. The leftists will not be happy until they have data like the LGR to reform the world to their utopian sick dream and you are worried about Harper? Stop reading the Toronto Star!

Please give this piece a read. Just a few facts to support my view. Threat to Democracy

B
B
Originally Posted by SuperCub
"Several "Canadians" have already went south to the United States and have set up secret cells. I'll name drop - Lorne Greene, Jim Carey, Paul Anka, Mike Myer, Hank Snow and David Frum - just to name a few. They were the early ones that blazed the trail for invasion."

Pretty hard to talk about an "invasion" w/o mention of Capt. Kirk who hails from Canada as well.

Denny Crane (Shatner) spent many years behind enemy lines in his Boston law office. What a hero!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Please give this piece a read. Just a few facts to support my view. Threat to Democracy

It appears the articles "facts" are nothing more than opinions from individuals that have agenda's. Most opinions are from university professors whom I have little regard for their opinions! You can start with the most prominent professors, Michael Ignatius, or pres of Ottawa university Allen Rock,!

You want to understand where those "facts" come from google liberal university professors grin

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This again raises the question I posed to Kutenay back in October in another thread (and which he never responded to) who is a viable alternative and can carry an election?

Based on experience I will never vote Liberal or NDP for a whole variety of reasons and none of the fringe parties have a hope in heck of ever obtaining a majority vote.

It seems that the Conservatives are going to have to find a replacement for Harper. Until a strong new party leader can be found we either must go along with Harper or else be prepared to go back to one of the old line and mistrusted parties.

Jim

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Every country is going to hell in a handbasket, and it must happen for the Antichrist to be a real and viable alternative to the masses. At least we don't have an Obama! blush

Last edited by the_shootist; 11/04/12.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
with Harper you have an economist running the economy, this is not a bad thing. If we have a party other than the conservatives running the show we are on an express train to debt levels of Greece and Spain. Ending the LGR was of great import to all firearms owners, whether they realize it or not.

One of the smartest most reasonable gentlemen we have had in politics for a long time was Preston Manning but the press especially the eastern press vilified the man.

I would like to hear from Dwayne - BC30cal on this he is always a voice of reason and common sense.

Have a great Sunday all. GRF

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Bill is from Latvia. He just told everyone he was from Montreal so that people wouldn't point the finger and accuse him of being "one of them". The 1950s was a rough time to be a liberal thinking Latvian performer with trust issues. They had Sen. McCarthy in the States accusing everyone of being a Communist. In Canada, we had Louis St. Laurent, wandering around Ottawa in a daze, bumping into the stone walls in Parliament. It was a strange time indeed.

That was back when Stratford Theatre was just starting. It was 1953. Chris Plummer, Bill Shatner, Bill Hutt and others worked in the UK for several years to hone their acting skills. Most of them came back sounding like a Brit.

My play, Random Lice, was the first work written by a Canadian to be turned down at Stratford. They said it wasn't "Shakespearean enough", whatever that meant. I had Lords, hauntings, stone castles, senseless killings, several fabulous death scenes, witches and difficult to understand dialog in mine too.

Sir Tyrone Guthrie called my play "rubbish". frown Here's an excerpt from Act I Scene III. It's a soliloquy where Muck, a faerie, speaks of the king's death. (If they had staged it like I suggested, the scene would have been absolutely fabulous!) Who can understand theatrical types, eh?

Muck�s Lament
- a lurid faerie, he

Did the dead man sing before he went?
Did his soul rise up?
And was his essence holy spent?

Does one who sees no God inside him
Insult and mock and thus deride Him?

And then upon his last days here
Attempt reverse with angelic tears?
No praise for shameful men who call

And beg of God to save them now
So when their time to die is near
No soul departs, just frenzied fear

For three score years and perhaps more
You sold your place at Heaven's door
And now it's time to go away
A soulless shell too proud to pray

And as your consciousness recedes
Doomed in course, by reckless deeds
And the wretchedness that you created
Works on in death, still unabated

Your wickedness was seen by those
Who once considered to oppose
The righteousness of proper men
But now, are walking true again

Goodbye! Goodbye!
So sad and shameful night
Goodbye! Goodbye!
And from the wrong, the right!
---

Anyway, back to this thread.

It's really difficult to pick who will become king of North America. There are several front runners. Some of the Canadian posters are leftists, so I think that the next king should be a woman. Justin Trudeau would make a good looking woman king, but since he's a male that disqualifies him.

The King's wife should be a lesbian so that other liberal thinkers will see that a monarchy can be progressive. While I'm not too sure about who would make the best king, I believe Ellen Degenerous would make a fabulous queen. She's attractive, witty and knows the right things to say.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
To veer back into the real world, one thing which might be accomplish with a Green party vote is to take support away from the NDP. This would be a good thing.
I doubt that Stephen Harper is deliberately seeking to undermine Canada's soveriegnty but I do believe he might inadvertently do so in his eagerness to assist big business to get the quick buck. Redgwell can ridicule all he wants but foriegn ownership of Canadian resouces is unlikely to be beneficial to Canadians in the long run. Still, it will be our children who will get to see the bill come due so we have little to concern us.
Any way you slice it though, for gun owners, the elimination of the long gun registry was a good thing. I would like to see the same thing happen to the PAL as well. GD

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by the_shootist
And never forget Alex Trebeck, the host of Jeopardy. He used to host "Let's Go!" from Toronto in the 60's. wink

He also hosted Reach for the Top and Music Hop. Mother Corp was his early trng ground. He was one of our earlier invaders and took out US citizenship a few years back. I can't really blame him. He was from Sudbury. shocked

They never suspect the quiz show guys like him or Monty Hall...

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm glad Terri Clark, from Medicine Hat, was part of the invasion.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Every country is going to hell in a handbasket, and it must happen for the Antichrist to be a real and viable alternative to the masses. At least we don't have an Obama! blush

Right on both counts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the gun registry is gone, why do I still need to give my FAC number when I buy a long rifle? If there is no registry what good does it do to record this?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Let's not lose sight of one thing; Stevie is the most serious threat to democracy in Canada we have ever seen.
He used the LGR to solidify a block of special interest votes. He doesn't give a rat's a$$ about long guns or their owners, only their votes to help with his agenda. Yes, the LGR was an inconvenience, but it did nothing to interfere with the buying and selling of firearms. One phone call is all we had to do to comply with the requirements, that's all. It really wasn't a big deal.

Let's start looking at the big picture!

This is true! I work for someone that's contracted to the government. His friend says that Harper has signed a secret deal to have the Russian army - INCLUDING Spetsnaz - fly into Canada when they get the signal from Ottawa and take over. There won't be a big battle. It's on the QT. Spetsnaz and other elite Russian units will be disguised as ordinary Canadians. This is the third phase of Harper's plan to take over North America.

Several "Canadians" have already went south to the United States and have set up secret cells. I'll name drop - Lorne Greene, Jim Carey, Paul Anka, Mike Myer, Hank Snow and David Frum - just to name a few. They were the early ones that blazed the trail for invasion.

There were many others. The Russians planted their own people in the US, like Henry Kissinger, Madeleine Albright and John Negroponte (Sneaky him. He was Director of National Intelligence.)

Anyway, it's all part of a plan, continued by Harper, to totally envelop the world with his right sounding, left leaning politics.

He's already started constructing huge gulags in northern Canada and the NW US! It's true! Soon, he will fill them with undesirables like YOU.

In Canada, he uses the NFA so distribute his message. Ever notice that no one in their hierarchy ever changes? While we're focused on provincial politics, Quebec and the gun registry, Harper continues to push his plans to be the ruler of North America!

Yes, it is time to look at the big picture. You're being hoodwinked by the very people and institutions that you were bamboozled into believing. Your blind trust will destroy you.

Beware!

Lorne Greene is dead.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes. There will always be casualties in this secret war. Some die for the cause; others die just 'cause.

Don't be sad however. There are plenty of fresh young volunteers, eager to fill his shoes. I've no doubt that as I type, more are pouring over the border disguised as tourists, Hollywood hopefuls and bargain hunting day trippers.

Excerpt from Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
- JC Fogerty

Someone told me long ago
There's a calm before the storm,
I know
It's been comin for some time.

When it's over, so they say,
It'll rain a sunny day,
I know
Shinin down like water.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
If the gun registry is gone, why do I still need to give my FAC number when I buy a long rifle? If there is no registry what good does it do to record this?

I don't have a problem with the current PAL system which is separate from the gun registry. It mandates gun owners to do a small level of training, pass some testing and screening before buying firearms.

I see it the same as having a driver's licence and registering a car. Two separate actions. I wouldn't want to see the roads filled with drivers with no training or testing. The drivers licence at least takes a step towards eliminating this while the car registry is just there for taxation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah right but all them drivers are in the RCMP computers right?
So as soon as you give any info to government, it,s still a registry same as all the drivers in Canada or even a License plate. I really think tax payers under Harper government are getting fooled big time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now all we have is the registration of gun owners, not the long guns they own.

There is no gov't that can or will get rid of the PAL system nor the will to do so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
I really think tax payers under Harper government are getting fooled big time.

In what respect?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (257 roberts, 160user, 300jimmy, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,702 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,110
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.