-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,013 of 1,842 1 2 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope,no one in my family heard or saw any wolves.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am hunting in area 172
edit.
actually,Im in 197 this year. blush

Last edited by fluffy; 11/04/12.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We heard them right away yesterday before light on Saturday. They were loud and close so I figured one of us would see them. I guess I was the lucky one. No tag of course.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
We heard them right away yesterday before light on Saturday. They were loud and close so I figured one of us would see them. I guess I was the lucky one. No tag of course.

what doe permit area are you in,t?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by big drift
Heck my boys are doing cartwheels about their big sister coming home from college to make them doughnuts for deer camp, some Escanaba in da moonlight with some beers and beverages, a bit chili to help ward off the morning chill tommorow, yah it is gittin gudt ya shur smile

I watched that crazy a$$ed movie last night on Netflix. It was a bit quirky, but I laughed myself to tears throughout.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Looks like a decent area fluffy. Did you use the 450?

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 11/05/12.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Fluffy, I'm in 180

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw lots of wolf schidt full of deer hair down by Emily. Only talked to two other hunters and none of us saw one. 'Heard a dog barking Sat., but not sure if it was a wuffie, as it came from near a house. Not much action around us. There's a lease off to the north of us. 19 guys took 3 deer. 'Saw a few scrapes and rubs. JustOneGunner had a big ol' doe in front of him broadside Sat. afternoon, but no doe tags. Of course, I flew 2 grouse-both would have been pretty easy shots. I swear them danged woods chickens know when you're carrying a rifle instead of a shotgun!

'Don't have another day off till next Sunday-hoping to get out then if Momma says okay.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey dere fellers. I shot a doe on last nights post. 4:50 i think. She came in behind me, i had to shoot lefty, awkward but it worked. My TSX blew through so i didn't get to recover that 130 grain bullet, dang. But we have one on the chime. I'll try to post up a picture. Missy txt me that she got a nice little buck this morning too! She's hunting closer to home away from camp. She'll have to tell her story when she gets a chance.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well the first weekend is in the books in Central Minnesota. The short version? A funny story and Brother Brian shot a nice buck.

The more detailed version? We will start with the funny story (at my expense). Opening morning I sat in my "money" stand. I always see a dozen or more deer and pass on a few small bucks, at a minimum. Not this year. at 10 am, I had to really pee and hadnt seen a deer. Decided to wait a while longer. At 1030, I cant stand it anymore and look all around. no deer. Stand up, put my gun on the holder, dig out the gatorade bottle....now is a good time to let everyone know that it takes somewhere around 30-40 seconds to pee. I know, i have since timed a few.

I had been in the stand for 4 hours or 240 minutes. Now as I am peeing, I am filling up the bottle and it starts to make that gurgling sound. I think to myself, that is too loud, it will scare a deer! My next thought, approximately half a second later, is that no way would a deer have the timing to show up now...mathematically it is about 1 in 500 odds. before this thought is finished, I hear a deer stomp and snort behind me. Yes, at the 15-20 second mark in my journey, a doe is standing in my lane watching an orange blob make gurgling sounds up in a tree!

Luckily, I wasnt after a doe at this point in time and let her go. I didnt however, appreciate the amused smirk she had on her face at all. View from that stand....the doe was in the lane to the left.

[Linked Image]

My brother Brain was reading a book at 130 pm. Heard a step behind him. Peeked back over his right shoulder and a buck was walking right at him 20 yards away. I am kinda proud of him for his next move...which was not moving at all. he didnt move a muscle and let that buck walk right by him at 8 yards. Once it was about 20 yards out in front of him, he put up his gun and dropped the hammer on it!

[Linked Image]

I switched stands and saw some does, fawns and one little buck, but didnt see anything I wanted to shoot (yet, come next weekend, does are gonna be in the line of fire!). They get right up on you in this stand that is for sure. You gotta use your ears for a slight whisper of grass against their body.

[Linked Image]

I did get the little boy out, but hunting is hard work!
[Linked Image]

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh, and despite Brian's buck, we felt the bucks were NOT moving. We all saw does and fawns, but only 2 bucks the whole weekend, which is prolly about 10% of what we usually see.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats to everyone that got a deer this weekend.

Anyone with a Wolf tag needs to be sitting by Tzone. Apparently he's a Wolf magnet. smile

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 11/05/12.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fork buck with da turdy-turdy and a doe with a handgun. Tenderloins on the grill Saturday and Sunday.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just got off the phone with Tzone. He got a nice 8 pointer this afternoon. He'll post the details later.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Just got off the phone with Tzone. He got a nice 8 pointer this afternoon. He'll post the details later.

Two wolf sightings and an 8? NICE!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

WOO LOO LOO LOO!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
BIG JELLY!!!

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
BIG JELLY!

Lol!

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like a decent area fluffy. Did you use the 450?

No,I never chambered a round.Its my sons first year hunting,and I am just along for the ride.He and I are the two who didnt connect.Next weekend I am taking the 450 out,its all sighted in and ready.
He had a very good oppurtunity Sunday morning,three does came out to the west,and he rattled off three TSXs,out of a cz 527,but they all stood there and wondered where all the thunder was coming from. laugh
We are going to do some offhand practice with a pellet gun this week,and make another try next weekend.

Page 1,013 of 1,842 1 2 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.