Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
So, I made the mistake of doing a little "window shopping" while at lunch this afternoon. I ran across a used but in great shape, Kimber Montana in 325WSM. Just so happens that I have been really interested in purchasing such a rifle, but haven't saved the $$$ to do so yet.

They were offering said rifle for $700 and I thought that seemed really good. Am I wrong in that assessment? I am afraid that I may be getting in a whole lot of trouble at home if this IS as good a deal as I think it is. laugh

Are there other rifles in that price range I should be considering? I have read much good regarding the Kimber, but have personally never owned anything but Model 70 post 64 models.

Thanks for your direction and I hereby declare that all of you would be released from any and all responsibility to my purchasing decisions. whistle

FH

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It sounds like a good deal, unless it's a kimber melon I would buy it if I was in the market. Mine is a great shooter, I actually had it listed for sale in the classifieds but I have decided to keep it. if you are in the market...go for it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I tell you what; if you buy it and don't like it and it's in good/great shape I'll buy it off your hands for that much. smile

Drink and be merry for soldiers die for your freedoms.

Semper Fidelis!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fire Hawk
So, I made the mistake of doing a little "window shopping" while at lunch this afternoon. I ran across a used but in great shape, Kimber Montana in 325WSM. Just so happens that I have been really interested in purchasing such a rifle, but haven't saved the $$$ to do so yet.

They were offering said rifle for $700 and I thought that seemed really good. Am I wrong in that assessment? I am afraid that I may be getting in a whole lot of trouble at home if this IS as good a deal as I think it is. laugh

Are there other rifles in that price range I should be considering? I have read much good regarding the Kimber, but have personally never owned anything but Model 70 post 64 models.

Thanks for your direction and I hereby declare that all of you would be released from any and all responsibility to my purchasing decisions. whistle

FH

Buy.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
masrx,

Has there been an issue with "lemon" Kimbers? Seems that most I read about them is very positive.

Addicted,

I appreciate your willingness to buy it from me if I changed my mind. That is very nice of you. If I decide to do something different, I will let you know so that you can pick it up instead.

Wife has said (and I know it already, just wished I hadn't bought all those "things" I didn't really need over the past few months) that when the burb is paid off in the summer and the twins' braces in late spring are paid off, then we can move on such an investment.

Help me know that I CAN find another deal such as listed above. I had frankly started leaning back to the 338 WM as my option, but deep down inside, I have always wanted a 325 WSM in a light rifle for my elk adventures (as long as it shoots well). My 7mm Rem Mag is awfully accurate with its 26" Shillen match barrel, but it is heavy.

FH

Last edited by Fire Hawk; 11/05/12.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The deal is a very good one.

You can always buy braces...

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have never had a problem with a kimber....if you reasearch them on the 'fire tho, you will find a number of folks who have...I myself believe these are on the used racks cheap mainly because some folks dont like them from the bench...mine is no worse than a 30-06, maybe just a little more "lively" I would say...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Fire Hawk
masrx,

Has there been an issue with "lemon" Kimbers? Seems that most I read about them is very positive.

Addicted,

I appreciate your willingness to buy it from me if I changed my mind. That is very nice of you. If I decide to do something different, I will let you know so that you can pick it up instead.

Wife has said (and I know it already, just wished I hadn't bought all those "things" I didn't really need over the past few months) that when the burb is paid off in the summer and the twins' braces in late spring are paid off, then we can move on such an investment.

Help me know that I CAN find another deal such as listed above. I had frankly started leaning back to the 338 WM as my option, but deep down inside, I have always wanted a 325 WSM in a light rifle for my elk adventures (as long as it shoots well). My 7mm Rem Mag is awfully accurate with its 26" Shillen match barrel, but it is heavy.

FH

Thanks Fire Hawk, but I forgot to mention that I would need a place to stay because my wife would kick me out. LOL

That is a good deal on one except if the original owner didn't take care of it. The problem with most super light big game rifles is that they are designed to be just that... light. I have gotten several Kimbers to shoot 1/2" groups @ 100 so I know they can do it. Don't be overly discouraged if it won't group better than an inch or so. It saves your body the extra weight of carrying it for hours at a time in the mountains or anywhere for that matter. Sometimes there are vices in life, shaving off 2-3 pounds off a rifle and it shooting around an inch isn't bad at all either.

Good luck on your decision.

Drink and be merry for soldiers die for your freedoms.

Semper Fidelis!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While I am a Kimber aficionado and have a number of them including two WSM Montanas the .325 WSM (8mm) does not turn me on.

The rifle will never be easy to sell because of the odd round.

If the seller says you can bring it back if you don't like it (If it doesn't shoot well) or will take $100 off or deal some dies, mounts or ammo.

A Montana WSM does weigh less than a new M70 Featherweight and I like their action and stock better.

The season is on now. Wait till the end of the year and there will be a lot more rifles for sale.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd buy it for $700 and then rebarrel it to whatever WSM floats your boat. As long as it's in 7mm flavor... grin

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
I'd buy it for $700 and then rebarrel it to whatever WSM floats your boat. As long as it's in 7mm flavor... grin

Me too.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Me three on that one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For 7 bills, it would make a great donor. I've been looking for one that cheap for that very reason...

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd but it for that price and spin it into a 7WSM....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

+1 I would make it a 358 WSM!Or better yet, traded it for something useful.

NRA Benefactor member
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'd take it.

.325 WSM is a good cartridge. If it doesn't shoot, you got a good deal on a donor action.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
So.....I now own a Kimber Model 8400 Montana in 325 WSM. I just couldn't pass it up. Seems to be the "perfect" rifle for me to hunt hard with in the wild mountains of Utah. Seeing as how I have 13 bonus points for LE elk here in Utah, I will be hunting a large bull elk in the next year or two. Figure that it will make for a perfect rifle for that purpose.

My 7mm Rem Mag may be a little sad, but it will still be used plenty with my son coming up in age and with it being so accurate with 160 Accubombs!

So...wife agreed and now I am beginning to liquidate my "Net Gear Holdings" as my friend calls them. You know... the extra stuff laying around the reloading bench, gun safe, archery corner etc. to help fund this project. Stevens Model 200 in 22-250 BYE BYE. Reloading dies (7mm-08, 7mm Rem Mag, 22-250) numerous bullets, brass, FMJ arrows etc. will move out of the way to help me make my purchases.

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I feel good about it and most importantly, my wife is good with it too. Means I can still sleep in the bed next to her.;o)

FH

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sweet!! .325 is one of those calibers I think is pretty darn useful, especially packaged in the Montana.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
TOM,

Do you own one? If so, I would love to hear where to start regarding bullets. Is there a "must have" bullet for the 325 WSM? I really don't have a clue and no one I know has one. I just really liked the idea of this cartridge from its inception.

As I stated, it is really an Elk hunting cartridge for me, but will probably pull double duty on mule deer on occasion.

Thanks!
FH

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Dr_Lou

+1 I would make it a 358 WSM!Or better yet, traded it for something useful.

What he said (except that "trade" stuff).

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,516
Posts18,509,571
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.