My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm still trying to keep a straight face over the name "Chill".... as in Monster "Chill"....LOL!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How much is that one going for?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Shot both yesterday, the "Chill" was dead in the hand, no vibration, and a easy shot follow-thru, but I really didn't like the narrow Focus grip with the rounded back on it. My sandwich clamps are XL, so that's a factor, but I'd prefer the flat back grip style like the Torqueless brand of grip. The weight was good, and the bow felt very balanced. The draw stop was solid and the draw cyle was less aggressive than my Monster 6.

The Creed is a different feel for the Mathews line. To me, it looks like a Monster, a Z7, and a Conquest had a baby, and this is it. The riser with the split limbs is wider and thicker than the usual slim look of the Mathews. The gridlock is beefed up but without any noticable weight increase. Frankly, it felt quite a bit like my old Bear "Truth". The drawstop makes for a solid backwall, and the cam has a less aggressive feel at fulldraw, a bit easier to relax and concentrate on the shot. The shop had shot this one out to 100 yards with decent results, but had no comments yet on the tuning ease/challenges, none had surfaced yet. The bottom of the riser has a cut-out below the stabilzer mount, looks like that is to a mount an offset stabilzer with the sliding balance bar.

The ZXT is a basically Z7 Extreme in a new wrapper, the shop wasn't excited about it at all.

With the new split limbs, the bows are looking pretty frail to me, as the limbs are tiny compared to what we have seen. It will intersting to see how they hold up to hard hunting and woods use. Same with the big cams and wheels, the metal work is good and you can see the structure built into the support work of each, but I'd be afraid to "ding" one and have it come apart out of perfect alignment.

While these are good looking bows, and both shot well, the new look and features were not enough to make me want to run to the counter and get a new one.

Also looked at the new Mission Ballistic, and next to the Monster Chill, I'm not sure the $400 price difference makes any performance value that the average shooter could measure. Both look about identical in appearance and specs, the Ballistic has a slightly heavier riser without the gridlock, but that was about it. Both shot the same from what I could tell.

Just my 2 cents...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I shot the Chill and Monsters also along with Hoyts line up - lots of very nice bows out this year. If I do buy a new bow this season it will be a Hoyt Charger - some real value in this $499 bow. FWIW I also looked at the new Mission, nice bow also but quite heavy compared to the Charger and the plastic limb pockets on the Mission looked pretty cheap. Still a great bow for under $500.

Last edited by centershot; 11/08/12.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol.........where do they get these names for their bows anyways? No way I could own a bow called "The Chill".

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
No new longer ATA bow this year.....Stupid.....Hoyt gets my business.

As somebody mentioned, the Hoyt Charger is a GREAT bow for the money. They will be selling a piss ton of them. Still too short for my liking. I will likely update to a Spyder 34 this year.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Fisky
No new longer ATA bow this year.....Stupid.....Hoyt gets my business.

As somebody mentioned, the Hoyt Charger is a GREAT bow for the money. They will be selling a piss ton of them. Still too short for my liking. I will likely update to a Spyder 34 this year.

The Vector Turbo got my vote!
She is dialed in and ready to go...

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I swore off Matthews bows when I had a problem with my Switchback and after they fixed it 4 times, I made them refund my money. No easy feat, so I'll not give them another chance at my money. I'm on my 4th Bowtech, and I really like them. I loved the Allegiance, but I gave mine to a kid. I liked the General, but I gave that to another kid. I bought a PSE Vendetta XL that was nice, but I gave that to my Brother. I bought a 101st Airborne that I have now, as well as a new Insanity XL. 15 fps slower than the regular Insanity, but who cares. 30" Maxima Blue Streak arrows with 100 grain heads, I'm getting 289 fps with 68 pounds of draw weight. I shot a spike head last week broad side at 20 yards. I could not believe how fast the arrow got to the deer. I just could not believe it. I put a 100 grain Spitfire broadhead through two ribs, through the body, through two more ribs, and through the upper leg bone of the far side, breaking it in two. Crap! What more do you need. I shoot targets with the bows, 3D shoots and hunt. I'm happy with the Insanity XL, and would recommend anyone try one before going out and dropping a grand on a bow. It is a smooth, fast, easy to draw bow. A noticeable improvement over the 101st Airborne I bought two years ago.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (222Sako, 1_deuce, 117LBS, 1lessdog, 1234, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 14,305 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,291
Posts18,545,230
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.