Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RDFinn
So you're OK with the gov having that power over me or anyone else ? I'm surprised. Guess you don't really believe in workplace rights then either.
What power? That of not bowing to your demands as employees? Yes. Absolutely? You don't own your job. Your employer does. If you think you're worth more than what you're getting, or are required to work too many hours, or whatever, go find another employer offering terms more to your liking.

Is that what you teachers do ?

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Is that what you teachers do ?
If teachers demand more than the district is willing to pay, the teachers should walk and the district should replace them, should they decide that the cost of training new teachers doesn't exceed the cost of meeting the striking teacher's terms.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that what you teacher's do ? Do you have some incidents where that happened ? Never heard of that happening here, that's for sure.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Is that what you teacher's do ? Do you have some incidents where that happened ?
I can't speak for any teachers other than myself. However, there's more than the teachers' side, just like there's more than the police officers' side. Deals need to be made between them without the interference of laws directed at labor relations, i.e., in accordance with the free market. If the teachers are asking more than they're worth, the districts should be free in the law to fire them and hire new teachers just as teachers are free to quit work and seek new employment. It's called the free market. I advocate it. Big surprise.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, when I said "teachers" I was referring to you guys as a group. I think we both know the answer.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well, when I said "teachers" I was referring to you guys as a group. I think we both know the answer.
I can only speak for myself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad you agree then.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Glad you agree then.
As usual, after being trounced, you stop making sense.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I thought they were people who buy vital services from mostly private companies whose products or distribution systems have failed, and are now looking to the government for assistance. But since you make that statement, I don't imagine you understand the role of the government or FEMA in the instance of a disaster.

All true, which makes it difficult to decide whether Barak or Bigbuck215 is the most incorrect.

Hey, man, let's be a little more careful in making these comparisons. whistle Anyway, of course I am the most correct.

Government has almost no role in emergency response, so you can't blame the current problems on the lack of government and Barak can't blame the problems on too much government. Government is simply a non-factor.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Barak
Those aren't free people, they're government-dependent people who have been abandoned by their nanny.

I respect how you attempt to reason with those who lack the facilities.

Hope springs eternal, eh?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Glad you agree then.
As usual, after being trounced, you stop making sense.

You acting like you didn't understand my original question, dragging it out further than needed only because you enjoy hearing yourself wax on, wasn't making a whole lot more sense either. Being trounced ? I must have missed your invisible post where that happened.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Hmmm... it's reasonable that the abandonment came from private entities... Elec, gas, fuel, food, trash, medical, business open for employment... Why does Barak feel those people are dependent on government when clearly the private sector supply's life's necessities.

People not being prepared for a break in their fundamentals isn't the government's (our) problem, the responsibility is to open public infrastructure so that the private sector can resume business.

Kent

Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Barak
Those aren't free people, they're government-dependent people who have been abandoned by their nanny.

I respect how you attempt to reason with those who lack the facilities.

Hope springs eternal, eh?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe Derby caught a case of Romnesia....

Nope, had to go get the wife and have supper. Besides, as usual, we are going far afield from Kevin's original post of collective bargaining and pure capitalism.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I thought they were people who buy vital services from mostly private companies whose products or distribution systems have failed, and are now looking to the government for assistance. But since you make that statement, I don't imagine you understand the role of the government or FEMA in the instance of a disaster.

All true, which makes it difficult to decide whether Barak or Bigbuck215 is the most incorrect.

Hey, man, let's be a little more careful in making these comparisons. whistle Anyway, of course I am the most correct.

Government has almost no role in emergency response, so you can't blame the current problems on the lack of government and Barak can't blame the problems on too much government. Government is simply a non-factor.

Bring me up to speed as I don't recall or find where I made a statement at all in either direction.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Monkey Face, TRH, and a few others, now is your chance to experience what you have been longing for. Almost total un -lawlessness. Just load up your families and move out to the NYC area for about a week. Then you will appreciate having a semblance of law and order, if you survive. And I doubt that you could.

Originally Posted by JOG
Government has almost no role in emergency response, so you can't blame the current problems on the lack of government...

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 257_X_50, afisher, alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 837 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,915
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.