Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
What a great looking little rifle that is going to make! I am always in awe of your sense of styling.

Not to hijack the thread but have you had in luck in getting your 40X and wood returned? I certainly hope so.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
James Linthicum has not returned my 40X. The KC office of the BATF is going to handle the case.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
James Linthicum has not returned my 40X. The KC office of the BATF is going to handle the case.

If they do request it from me, the closest you will ever come to seeing it again is the evidence table in your Federal Felony trail for illegally shipping a rifle across state lines.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Butch - My aplogies I did not realize that the question was going to stir up this up again, I was hoping that it had been peacefully resolved.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jim62

If they do request it from me, the closest you will ever come to seeing it again is the evidence table in your Federal Felony trail for illegally shipping a rifle across state lines.

Go away, the adults and honest folks here are talking.

Butch, looks like the start of a nice project.

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I will work with an honest,professional stockmaker on this project. The ones that have done multiple stocks for me are Jim Kobe, David Christman, and James Anderson. They are all ACGG members and do great work and are available when you need to visit with them.

Jim's time is coming. I guess that I am the bad guy. He has my custom barreled action, wood blank, and cashed my checks.
I'm confused, for what reason do you have for not returning my rifle, blank, and money? You have all of it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I will work with an honest,professional stockmaker on this project. The ones that have done multiple stocks for me are Jim Kobe, David Christman, and James Anderson. They are all ACGG members and do great work and are available when you need to visit with them.

Jim's time is coming. I guess that I am the bad guy. He has my custom barreled action, wood blank, and cashed my checks.
I'm confused, for what reason do you have for not returning my rifle, blank, and money? You have all of it.

It could be due to the material breeches of contract you been committing for the last 4-5 months on this very forum?

Things like-

Interference of contract
Interference of business
Exorting performance on a contract
Slander
Libel
Negligence.

The ATF is NOT an extortion mechanism for collecting collateral persuant to the completion of Civil contracts in breech, Butch.
Maybe your big badass Texas Tech educated Attorney son can clue you in on that fact. He sure as hell has done a bad job so far. You don't seem to know schit about civil or contract law.Or criminal law for that matter.

That's what civil courts are for. And 9/10s of the items you have listed above the ATF has NO legal jurisdiction to claim title to in ANY case. Despite what your arrogant fat ass thinks,I have civil and contractual rights as well.

All you have done for the last 4 months is WHINE to law enforcement falsely claiming you properly has been stolen all the while breeching your agreements with me and depriving me of my rights in the matter.

You have it wrong FATMAN- YOUR day is coming.

And as far as your pimping of Jim Kobe here on this forum to ingratiate yourself with him?

That is FUNNY stuff considering The only reason why you sent me your m37 Rem stock to refinish last year is that by your own admission Kobe had [bleep] you over so badly with regards to refinishing the metalwork that you did not trust him to send the stock.

And BTW that is NOT to cast dispersion on Kobe.I have no beef with him. But YOUR pompous ass pontificating on who is "honest" is FUNNY considering you knowingly violate Federal Gun laws.

Last edited by jim62; 11/06/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try to justify it anyway you want Jim, until you return the man's property you're just a common thief.

Terry

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
You're reaching aren't you Jimbo? Wolves are getting close to your a$$ and you are losing it. You have my stuff and cashed my checks. I guess that I am the bad guy? Send me my money and my stock and barreled action. Easy to fix. You may have buffaloed a few folks with your BS, but not me.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You're reaching aren't you Jimbo? Wolves are getting close to your a$$ and you are losing it. You have my stuff and cashed my checks. I guess that I am the bad guy? Send me my money and my stock and barreled action. Easy to fix. You may have buffaloed a few folks with your BS, but not me.

TELL me Butch?

What Money DO I owe you? Your stock is finished- fat boy.

You are not getting a dime. And until you remove the lies you've posted about me here- no stock either just pictures. Go [bleep] yourself. Get your badassed son to sue me for it.

Also, you claim in your recent PMs to have provided to the ATF proof that you have knowingly and willfully shipped a firearm across state lines to an unlicensed address. Yet NOW are demanding that I send the evidence of same back to you?

Are you Eric Holder's brother in law?

Not happening fat boy...

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B3

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you want to your name cleared then do what's right and return the man's gun.

THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

TELL me Butch?

What Money DO I owe you? Your stock is finished- fat boy.

You are not getting a dime. And until you remove the lies you've posted about me here- no stock either just pictures. Go [bleep] yourself. Get your badassed son to sue me for it.

Also, you claim in your recent PMs to have provided to the ATF proof that you have knowingly and willfully shipped a firearm across state lines to an unlicensed address. Yet NOW are demanding that I send the evidence of same back to you?

Are you Eric Holder's brother in law?

Not happening fat boy...

Here's the reality - there is a laundry list of people on the net warning against sending you anything to work on. It's NOT the rest of the world that's [bleep] up. crazy

If I got evicted from my pad because I couldn't pay the bills, I'd damn sure be kissing @sses until they were white as a soda cracker to make things right to keep work coming in the door. But you obviously don't live in the real world.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go [bleep] yourself.

Sounds like someone that I would never deal with.
And tell everyone I know the same.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad to see this emotion vs resolution, wasted energy instead of returning a man's property.

Life is short, sure both simply want to move forward.

Thanks for posting pics Butch - looks nice, and good luck sir w/your 40x.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too don't understand what is to be gained from Keeping another person's property if performance has been completed on both sides of the contract.

If there are other issues they should be sued out separately.

And to continue calling another person names such as fatman are clearly an attempt to divert attention away from the real issues. The issue in this case is not how fat Butch is. Rather, its whether he has paid for the work completed. If he has not, he should. If he has, he should get his property back.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Disgusting...It is a shame that someone in business would act in such a way. People often have differences of opinion or expectations for contracted work. In my mind, to hold another mans property (I for one feel almost as passionately about a few of my rifles as I do my wife) hostage is inexcusable. The honorable thing would be to return the barreled action and stock. Next, I would think, both parties should agree to disagree beyond that and simply not do business anymore. More gained in that than airing dirty laundry in a forum such as this...My unsolicited 2 cents

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Interesting paragraphs there Jim. What Federal Law is it that was broken by sending a firearm out to have work done to it and then returned to the person who shipped it? Please be specific. I'm not trying to take sides, just curious how it was illegal. Thanks. CB

Life is brief. Treat yourself. You earned it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sorry Jim. I didn't realize until now that you aren't licensed to handle firearms, no FFL license. Correct? Was it legal for you to solicit and accept a firearm for work from an out of state owner without having an FFL license? Just trying to get my facts straight.

Life is brief. Treat yourself. You earned it.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Custombolt, some things weren't done right but it's beside the point now and not the issue here. THERE IS A LEGAL WAY TO RETURN THE FIREARM TO IT'S RIGHTFUL OWNER. What it boils down to is Butch contracted the work and now Jim refuses to return the rifle. It's nothing more than an issue of theft at this point.

Butch has paid what he owes and wants his rifle back. Jim thinks his reputation has been slandered and for some reason thinks by keeping Butch's property he can clear his name. What he can't seem to understand is he's only making things worse for himself. At one time most just considered Jim a craftsman that was late on completing a project. Now most consider him a thief.

Terry

Last edited by TC1; 11/08/12.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Wow Butch you said this joker checks in from time to time but that last load of horse crap he spewed took the cake.

Hey Jim62
No matter how you may feel about your "rights" as a contractee you can not hold a persons property hostage with out legal grounds.
Slander, defamation of character, or harassment have never been legal grounds to with hold services or property upon completion of said services.

While you may not be a thief that fact is you have committed theft or at least you are in illegal possession of another property and I'm not even talking about you lack of an FFL.
There is one other thing you need to think about. It was not illegal for butch to send you the rifle. It was illegal for you to receive it though. So how do you think is on the hook here anyway???

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.