Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
On Friday the White House announced that President Obama will veto any bill extending tax cuts for those making more than $250K.

read more here ...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765615198/Obama-Americans-agree-with-my-approach-on-deficit.html

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice

We are so porked...

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by fish head
On Friday the White House announced that President Obama will veto any bill extending tax cuts for those making more than $250K.
I expected nothing less.. He's the Emperor, you see...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I never believed any of Hussein's BS about a new era of compromise, working together to solve the nation's problems, reaching across the aisle, blah, blah, blah ...

Nothing has changed.

edit: Something has changed. Hussein has the GOP by the nads and is emboldened with power.

Last edited by fish head; 11/12/12.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Isn't it funny that "compromise" only works if it's the Repubs. that do the actual compromising?

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Phouc Dim all

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by fish head
I never believed any of Hussein's BS about a new era of compromise, working together to solve the nation's problems, reaching across the aisle, blah, blah, blah ...

Nothing has changed.

edit: Something has changed. Hussein has the GOP by the nads and is emboldened with power.

I say the R's need to vote "present" on every & all matters affecting the economy...some lessons are only learned the hard way...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The compromise will come in what size of increase, not if their is an increase. Obviously Obama wants to return those making over 250,000 to 39.6 percent, the republicans want to keep the the rate as is. It wouldn't be compromising if either party didn't move from their position.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unfortunately the taxpayers position is "bent over".

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Democracy is, in effect, dead in America now.

Sam......

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not very hard to believe. We have seen his colors for 4 years. He will just get bolder.

Last edited by BlueDuck; 11/12/12.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Frankly, in return for the abysmal handling of F&F, Libya, and the election, the R's better jock up.

I hardly call the election a mandate, and they still have half the population to speak for.

Time to nut up - or let it all fail so we can get on with any crap before I'm too old to enjoy it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why do liberals always cry for 'bipartisanship' when they're in power, but fight against it in the nastiest way possible when they're in opposition?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The only reason to call it a fiscal cliff is to make people think that what will happen is terrible. The truth is that what will happen has to happen or the Feredral government will go bankrupt. Actually the Federal government is already bankrupt. They owe $16 trillion dollars and they have annual revenue of about $1.6 trillion. So they owe ten times what they earn annually. Any corporation or business would have declared bankruptcy a long time ago. Fourty percent (40%) of the Federal budget goes to paying the interest on the debt. Not paying on the principal mind you. Just to pay the interest. The debt keeps growing and the interest payments keep growing.

The truth is that we have to raise taxes on everyone and drastically lower expenditures so that we can start paying down the principal of the debt. If we don't do that then eventually the government will have to choose between paying interest and paying for essential programs. When they choose not to pay the interest then nobody will loan them any more money and they will be bankrupt. The value of U.S. currency will plummet and we won't be able to buy any foriegn products. When the world's largest consumer nation stops buying imported products because they are too expensive our trading partners go bankrupt because they are in the same situation as we are and they depend on cointinuing U.S. buying to keep their economies going. A world-wide depression will ensue that will make the 1930s look mild by comparison.

So it's not a fiscal cliff. It's what has to happen in order to survive financially. But I bet the sleezy politicians will come up with some gimmick to prolong the inevitable and avoid doing what has to be done from occuring automatically. They will claim it as a victory for bi-partisan compromise when actually they just continue to screw the Amercian public.

Actually they don't have to do anything. The tax increases (actually elimination of tax cuts) and reduction in expenditures will happen automatically if they do nothing and they can blame the other party. So the best thing that can happen is for grid-lock to continue.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Gridlock the chit out of'm and starve the freeloaders out.

Kent

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Gridlock the chit out of'm and starve the freeloaders out.

Kent

Damn right.

They have already taken for granted everything they have been given.

They need to get responsible with what they have and that is going to mean tough internal choices.

The R's better let � know he needs to fix "his" country with the status quo.

And if it can't be done, then I think it shows that the existing situation isn't tennable more than they need more money from the people.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
honest sentiment but it won't just be the freeloaders that get starved out

gridlock or status quo will hurt good people

it cutting off your nose to prove a point

Repubs need to get serious about spending cuts. Until they do this is all theater anyways.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/12/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
Repubs need to get serious about spending cuts.

That's the premise of my post.

That's one of the reasons I was willing to support Romney.

He didn't need the Presidency, but he wanted it. And he was a businessman - not some puppet.

The government better get serious, both sides, about trimming their system, not finding more ways to sustain it.

And good people will get hurt. Hell they are already hurt. I'm hurting, friends are hurting, family is hurting.

But those hard choices need to be for everyone - not just the people, and as of yet, the government hasn't proved they are willing as a unit to make a sacrifice - unless its us on an alter.

Forgive the Old Testament innuendo.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Some of us have already went through the 'starved out' process with the construction bust... tighten your belt, pull on the boot straps, make yourself valuable in the market again. A lesson more will experience in the future.

My empathy equity for 'lifers' in the subsidy community has been depleted.

Kent

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Some of us have already went through the 'starved out' process with the construction bust...

It's the perfect storm for surveyors.

Nobody buying, building, or selling.

And any of those shovel ready goobermint jobs, well, lets just say that a straight white male with no minority preference points has little chance on those.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (260Remguy, 1_deuce, 260madman, 280shooter, 1minute, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,531
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.