Aaaaack!!!!

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
GB1

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Excellent Buck Missy! Quite a first deer....Pat Dusty on the back and tell him we are praying for him here in Michigan...

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SSB
Excellent Buck Missy! Quite a first deer....Pat Dusty on the back and tell him we are praying for him here in Michigan...

^^
And Oklahoma !

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If I was at Chickenbuck and I needed a sandwhich...what would it have on it?

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
probably some jelly....

but what kind?

BIG?

Something clever here.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sometimes these 2 guys come to visit the chickenbuck camp.

[Linked Image]

Tumor buck and Big jelly.

Big jelly (aka rooster....)

grin

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Somehow I cannot connect "BIG" and "JELLY".Hmmmm.
Pray tell us more.Inquiring minds want to know.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Things are so iced up out at chickenbuck, look at this birch tree.

[Linked Image]

It looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss cartoon.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Looks like something to be added to the next round of Chickenbuck gear. I've got a pretty good idea who tumor buck might be. grin

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

Stan in SC

Rooster and another friend of ours that doesn't post here on the campfire came out to visit the camp last week. They ended up spending the night.

The next day around breakfast time there was a misunderstanding about a reference to a big jar of jelly... I thought Pam had called Rooster 7 "big jelly". The name stuck instantly and the other guy that was with "big jelly" was instantly given the name "tumor buck". They had been getting trail cam pics of a buck with a basketball sized tumor. Big Jelly felt there were similarities between the tumor buck and his friend Shane.

Well, Shane doesn't exactly have a basketball sized "tumor" but it's still fun to tease him as if he does.

grin

It was a good time, aint that right Big Jelly?

grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

Stan in SC

Rooster and another friend of ours that doesn't post here on the campfire came out to visit the camp last week. They ended up spending the night.

The next day around breakfast time there was a misunderstanding about a reference to a big jar of jelly... I thought Pam had called Rooster 7 "big jelly". The name stuck instantly and the other guy that was with "big jelly" was instantly given the name "tumor buck". They had been getting trail cam pics of a buck with a basketball sized tumor. Big Jelly felt there were similarities between the tumor buck and his friend Shane.

Well, Shane doesn't exactly have a basketball sized "tumor" but it's still fun to tease him as if he does.

grin

It was a good time, aint that right Big Jelly?

grin

I haven't laughed that hard in a looooooooong time!

Preacher sure got a kick out of it too! I think I will now call him "Little Jelly"

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Looks like something to be added to the next round of Chickenbuck gear. I've got a pretty good idea who tumor buck might be. grin

grin

I already have a name.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Preacher sure got a kick out of it too! I think I will now call him "Little Jelly"

grin

He'd get a kick out of that I think. We laughed too. Mostly at the "Big Jelly" picture. We smiled like heck.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

grin

I already have a name.

OK, I blew that one.

My buddy Rick came up early from Louisiana to get in some bow hunting before we head off to camp. He arrowed a young 10 pointer last night. Recovered it this morning.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The doe I shot a week ago is the first deer I've had a set of sights or cross hairs on since 2009.

That's a pretty sorry situation.

I sure wish she would have happened across one of the other hunters in our group instead of me. Preferably one of the kids.

We didn�t have a deer sighting last week.

Not so much as a fleeting glimpse of a white tail or an ear, nothing.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's not just up there Dave, the deer were just not moving much at all after Saturday opener.

The DNR has no clue really of deer numbers and they have admitted it after the comment by the lady here in Bemidji last year.

Lou Cornicelli the DNR big game coordinator is really trying to improve the population I believe. We had to many years of surplus tags, the CWD, and lower enforcement on archery and ML.

These are all factors that have a screwed up population. None of the does we have seen or talked to others were freshened. They were all dry. Which seems very odd maybe Brent has insight on that.

I still think the MN DNR needs to be more open with their management programs and let folks know what is being done beyond the annual report.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Muffy

DAD HAD HIS LAST RADIATION TREATMENT ON THURSDAY!!!!! He rang the bell (when you finish treatment) at Roger Maris Cancer Center wearing his Chickenbuck shirt!

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Last edited by mikeymjr23; 11/13/12.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The only tracks I saw yesterday on my way out were in the State Park. That was only two sets at that. They must be laying tight with all the ice.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The last couple years if it isn't wind, rain, heat, or heavy ice it isn't deer season smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, the move where the food is, but that shouldn't be a problem at Chickenbuck. There's clear cuts all over, and they're not old. Just a few years.

The area I hunted in on opener...well, there's just not a lot of deer there don't think. There wasn't much sign, but not just on opening weekend. I was up there a lot this fall and just didn't have the camera pics even. It was the same few deer over and over on the cams.

I'm going to be doing some scouting this weekend if I get a chance. I'll have the boy with me and I'm sure he'll want to warm up at some point. I'll take a drive on some clear cuts and look for more potential areas. I also like to hunt by a creek, stream, river, swamp. We'll walk some trails and see what's out there. A dusting of snow would help a ton for that.

But the drving around is two-fold. I want to see where the other guys are too. I know the last weekend isn't the best time for that, but if they're in there on the third weekend, they're in there on the first one.

Page 1,021 of 1,842 1 2 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.