Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RISJR
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I think taking the ammo and components will be first.

=========

In violation of Heller and McDonald? Have to disagree.

If ammo is confiscated by agency XYZ and the owner files a complaint the case can eventually (potentially) end up in front of the SCOTUS.

In the meantime, how many Judges might be replaced within the next 2 or 3 years? who has the ability to name Judges? Will BHO be more apt to name stolid constitutional conservatives or "progressives"?

If the case is upheld, that would in effect negate the original INTENT of theruling on H & McD, no?

My worry is not so much in overturning the 2A, but in subverting it by having a more modern court revisit the issue. Its not so much if its legal or right, but if it can be done.

So, can it?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gun control "coming"?

Gun control has been nation wide decades already. Is about to become more restrictive I think you mean.

Began in 34, in 68 it really kicked into gear, and it has slowly snowballed ever since.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Redneck
Come and get 'em...

MOLON LABE!!!!!

GUNNER

I'll be standing to your right big brother!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jdm953
TRH.You get away from Austin and Texas is Texas.Dallas and Houston have big city folks in them along with many real Texans.Every place you go down here is all Texas.
That's good to hear. I think some folks are taking what I said too much to heart. It was sort of a truism that you have to think about a little to understand what I meant. I meant that no place is the same as their legendary depictions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the gun shop they call some phederal [bleep] and ask if you can have a gun. If that ain't control I don't have a clue what is.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

B I N G O !!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why doesn't the OP article also address the fact that 67 Senators have to ratify the treaty for it to become the law of this land.

They'll "deem" it now ratified. Remember your question regarding the Obamacare analogy????? smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Why doesn't the OP article also address the fact that 67 Senators have to ratify the treaty for it to become the law of this land.

They'll "deem" it now ratified. Remember your question regarding the Obamacare analogy????? smirk

They played parliamentary dirty pool to pass Obominationcare, and they had to have the House to do it; they don't have the House and they don't have 67 Senators who would ratify such a treaty.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
..... Texas and Arizona AIN'T [bleep]' New Joisey,or S. Cal..

GTC

Oh, like AZ is some paradise. crazy

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I transferred all of my firearms to Hunter01...

like the rest of we loyal Obama Supporters on 24 hour campfire did....

I've given up Hunting and have Joined PETA like any other loyal Obama supporter should do...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What did you expect? Now there is NO control on Obama; he doesn't have to face a re-election so he and his Executive Orders can flow freely now. NO, no one is surprised by this are they? They can't be unless they are as dumb as shoe leather.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
"Originally Posted By: Magnumdood
There are roughly 300 million firearms in the hands of 80 million private citizens. The government doesn't have the backbone nor the manpower to confiscate firearms any time soon. Besides, the Senate has to ratify any treaty that black b*****d signs, and sitting Senators remember well 1994."'.
What would you do if you answered the door and the man said that we are from the government and have come to collect YOUR guns? It does NOT take and act of Congress to confiscate anything anymore; just and Executive Order will do! That's NOT as far out as it sounds either! The Jews thought Hitler was "far out" 'til they were finding themselves being rounded up and killed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah. so lets say in a particular case, SCOTUS says it was illegal for law enforcement to seize person A's ammo?
Now, the day after the opinion is released, The cops go off and seize person B's ammo.
What does "B" do? Write a strenuous letter of complaint to Ginsberg?

Last edited by night_owl; 11/13/12.

abusus non tollit usum
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Darrel

What would you do if you answered the door and the man said that we are from the government and have come to collect YOUR guns?

Not "own" any guns. Keep a beater .22 and a few boxes of ammo, and give it over. They can't prove that I have any of the guns that I have bought new, only that I bought them.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tracks

=========

In violation of Heller and McDonald? Have to disagree.

Four years from now Obama will own the supreme court, Heller can be reviewed and discarded.
There will be only one supreme law.
The the only question then, who's law will that be, and which side will enforce it.
That...

Anyone that thinks they can hunker down in a home and come out ahead if they want your weapons is nuts, you and possibly your family will come out in bags by resisting...

Phil
Well, you go ahead and give up peacefully.. It'll make their job SO much easier..

I will not comply..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

They played parliamentary dirty pool to pass Obominationcare, and they had to have the House to do it; they don't have the House and they don't have 67 Senators who would ratify such a treaty.
Dood, are you SURE you wanna bet the farm on that??

Originally Posted by Darrel
What did you expect? Now there is NO control on Obama; he doesn't have to face a re-election so he and his Executive Orders can flow freely now. NO, no one is surprised by this are they? They can't be unless they are as dumb as shoe leather.
Why are you insulting shoe leather??

Prepare..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Dood, are you SURE you wanna bet the farm on that??

Yep.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Such a treaty would be unconstitutional and will not happen.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bluefish
Such a treaty would be unconstitutional and will not happen.
Obamacare's not constitutional either.. How'd THAT work out?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're repeating silly arguments.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,812
Posts18,516,515
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.