Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
So many good responses with good suggestions.
However, here's another to consider - Angles Envy, a Kentucky straight bourbon from Lincoln Henderson. It's amazing.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by NH_Sharpshooter
[Linked Image]

It ain't bad. Definitely not on the sweet side of the spectrum, but definitely better than Beam. Never heard of it before, and just had to try it.

Did you at least taste it before you killed it? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's been lots of very good bourbons suggested but one that's less sweet, IMO, is Woodford Reserve.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had some Woodford Reserve a few nights ago...it's pretty good. Today I'm having some Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve...it's the best that I've had so far. Hard to imagine a bourbon tasting better than this!
I'm still gonna try Buffalo Trace.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1 on the Woodford..had to lay low today and kilt the Makers Mark

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I happen to work at Buffalo Trace as a tour guide. We make around 17 whiskeys at the Trace, but several are Ryes. Our Bourbons range in age from four years (Ancient Age, Benchmark) to 23 years, (VanWinkle). I have had most of the Bourbons we make, and I find the best to be the ones between eight and twelve years old.

Buffalo Trace is very spicy and for me I prefer it with a splash of water or on the rocks. For those who like Bourbon Cocktails, I find that the Trace makes a superior Old Fashioned, or Manhattan.

Eagle Rare is made from the same mash bill, but is aged in a different location in the warehouse (I suspect lower) and stays in the barrel ten years. This Bourbon is quite smooth, and is a very fine sipping whiskey without water or ice. IMHO it is a sin to use this Bourbon any other way. I consider it to be the best value of all the Bourbons we make at Buffalo Trac
In truth, my favorite mid priced Bourbon is WL Weller 12 year old. this is a wheated Bourbon

Agree. Weller is good. Weller and Buffalo Trace are my everyday pours, excellent for the price.

Now tell them to crank up the production on that Vanwinkle! More rye and more 15 year old...stuff is way too hard to find and too pricey.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Well I just picked up Buffalo Trace. Can't go wrong, and I will try out some of the new suggestions soon too.
You mayn't can't go wrong with Buffalo Trace, but you can go a lot, lot better. It costs cash-money to do so though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
I am planning on giving a good friend a bottle of bourbon as a gift of thanks for a favor.
My two favorites lately have been Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare 10 yr. I can't decide which to give him. He enjoys bourbon, but generally stears away from ones that are thought of as sweet.... So I am leaning toward Buffalo Trace.

Which you would choose? Any other suggestions?

Maker's Mark , good stuuf

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Woodford Reserve if he is a very good friend.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did note that the Rebecca Creek Texas Whiskey, which I took to the Campfire Hog hunt, disappeared faster than anything else.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blanton's; smooooooth.

MM

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Drinking Bourbon is western society's version of self flagellation.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Knob Creek!
Me and my friends usually reserve it for celebration of a kill, around the campfire.

We drink it neat, maybe with a few rocks- no pop mixes, please!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve are never a mistake.

Woodford Reserve is the stuff my bourbon dreams are made of.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe

...Said the man from Lexington.

You are putting a hurt on tourism with you sour attitude toward our top (legal) export.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Decided to to give Woodford Reserve a try yesterday. While not bad I think I will stay with Knob Creek.

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Ford and Chevrolet, I guess, but for the life of me, Knob Creek tastes like someone rinsed their charcoal grill with lighter fluid.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by Bristoe

...Said the man from Lexington.

You are putting a hurt on tourism with you sour attitude toward our top (legal) export.

Oh,..I doubt that my opinion will sway any bourbon drinkers.

If it helps any, scotch is worse.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
CT: I kinda like Knob Creek, but prefer the milder Buffalo Trace. Just tried Woodford Reserve and to me its indistinguishable from Makers Mark...both good....but neither on the level with Blantons for my old, abused taste buds... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
...Knob Creek tastes like someone rinsed their charcoal grill with lighter fluid.

I've never had the regular Knob Creek, I've only had the Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve. It's the best Bourbon I've had.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 02bfishn, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,568
Posts18,491,848
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.