Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dan360 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
How do you like your CZ 75? How well does it carry? Can you compare it to a full-size 1911 in ease of carry? I've been pretty curious about these pistols for a while. The CZ 75 Compact also seems like a pretty decent pistol.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

You can't go wrong with any CZ !!!

CZ 85 Combat
CZ 40-P
CZ 40-B
CZ VZ-61 Skorpian

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the CZ 75 and the 1911 are range guns. could either be carried yeah but why when you have lots of options around 20 oz instead of a 2#+ gun. I love my CZ its a very accurate gun that I shoot very well. mine has a lightened trigger. I use mine as a range/plinking gun. its never failed to fire what I have put in it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of the products we can be proud of along with beer, crystal, and hockey players smile

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I must have gotten the rare lemon, but mine would jam a couple of times for every mag full I fired (even FMJ), and this after well over a thousand rounds of break in, regardless of which magazine, even when the rails were positively wet with lube. I got rid of it.

My Italian-made copy of it, the Tanfoglio Witness (illustrated below), has been absolutely 100% reliable from day one, though. Had it for at least fifteen years, if not twenty. No failures ever. Wouldn't want the burden of carrying it concealed, though. At least not all day. Very heavy gun.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Here's a vid you might enjoy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 on the video. I've had my CZ75 for 30+ years and it's never once let me down.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I�ve yet to come across a CZ or Tanfoglio (Witness) that didn�t work and work well. For an all steel full size pistol, the CZ isn�t nearly as heavy as it looks; typically lighter than a full size 1911. It carries about as well as a 1911 provided you�re smart enough to wear the best gunleather you can afford.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i don't know how true it is or not, but back in the 70's in prescott I had jeff cooper as a client and also handloader/rifle.
I asked the question one day over there about a pistol. They remarked that cooper had made the comment being a .45 kind of guy that the only 9mm he really liked was the cz75, which were basically very hard to come by in the U.S. at the time. Every time i see one, i get tempted. Just like i am now by a knock off of the hi power, the kareem II for about 260bucks.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I�ve yet to come across a CZ or Tanfoglio (Witness) that didn�t work and work well. For an all steel full size pistol, the CZ isn�t nearly as heavy as it looks; typically lighter than a full size 1911. It carries about as well as a 1911 provided you�re smart enough to wear the best gunleather you can afford.

+1

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a CZ75 but I had a Tanfoglio Witness Elite Match 45 for a while. Great gun that shot very well and always functioned 100%. I only sold it because of my love for my 1911's and my intention to replace it with the same pistol in 10mm.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I really like my CZ75 much more so than any SIG I've had. Mine is very accurate.

I don't know why but for the last few year the full size and compact CZ 75 seem to be in really short supply. I've been hoping to pick up a CZ 75 compact for sometime now and haven't found one locally.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only CZ I own is a CZ75D PCR compact in 9mm. I have not found a better 9mm yet.
Most of the time, it rides in a Sam Andrews cross draw IWB holster, in the back of my Maxpedition pack. Goes with me everywhere.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

Dan360 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That looks like a sweet little pistol. I'm debating between a Sig 229 SAS E2, a CZ75, or getting another Glock 19.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The only CZ I own is a CZ75D PCR compact in 9mm. I have not found a better 9mm yet.
Most of the time, it rides in a Sam Andrews cross draw IWB holster, in the back of my Maxpedition pack. Goes with me everywhere.
[Linked Image]

Those are VERY nice, I have been tempted on them for quite a while. One of these days I may just have to buy one. They�re light, compact without being too small, and completely reliable. What�s more, they�re a decent looking pistol; much better looking than any of the Tupperware guns.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
[Linked Image]

Those are VERY nice, I have been tempted on them for quite a while. One of these days I may just have to buy one. They�re light, compact without being too small, and completely reliable. What�s more, they�re a decent looking pistol; much better looking than any of the Tupperware guns.
I had a Tanfaglio compact clone of the CZ-75 back in the late 1980s, just about like that one. I loved the looks too. Came with beautifully crafted, smooth, dark wood stocks. Back then, I had little respect for the 9mm, and only purchased the gun with the intention of converting it to .41 Action Express. Remember those? It was 100% reliable with 9mm, but after the conversion it wasn't sufficiently reliable, so I got rid of it.

Looked like this one, but nicer wood.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The 3 most copied handgun designs in the world are;
1. The 1911
2. The BHP
3. The CZ-75

There is a simple reason why...they work

Gun Companies dont copy bad or failed designs...

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in the �80�s a friend of mine and I both bought what we thought would be the ultimate CZ-75; the Action Arms AT84, which was made by Solothurn in Switzerland. Think of it, a Swiss made CZ 75, it couldn�t get much better than that. They were beautifully made, not a machine mark to be found anywhere inside and out. And oh man did it shoot. Until you shoot a CZ 75 you really don�t �get� the ergonomic design. The CZ 75 grip shape handles recoil better than almost any other pistol I�ve ever handled. The Solothurn CZ shot like a dream, and never malfunctioned.

But then parts started breaking, and continued to break. First it was the slide stop, then the magazine catch, then the sear, then the slide stop again; then a small crack on the barrel cam. Clearly Solothurn didn�t do their homework. Here was a really nice pistol that was VERY well made, but the metallurgy was all wrong. My casual observation was Martensite; or over-hardening. Action Arms sent me parts and then finally asked for the gun back. I sent it to them, then they called me and asked if they could send me a new gun; I asked if they could send a check which they did. Since the actual CZ product wasn�t available back then, I bought a Browning Hi Power.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Back in the �80�s a friend of mine and I both bought what we thought would be the ultimate CZ-75; the Action Arms AT84, which was made by Solothurn in Switzerland. Think of it, a Swiss made CZ 75, it couldn�t get much better than that. They were beautifully made, not a machine mark to be found anywhere inside and out. And oh man did it shoot. Until you shoot a CZ 75 you really don�t �get� the ergonomic design. The CZ 75 grip shape handles recoil better than almost any other pistol I�ve ever handled. The Solothurn CZ shot like a dream, and never malfunctioned.

But then parts started breaking, and continued to break. First it was the slide stop, then the magazine catch, then the sear, then the slide stop again; then a small crack on the barrel cam. Clearly Solothurn didn�t do their homework. Here was a really nice pistol that was VERY well made, but the metallurgy was all wrong. My casual observation was Martensite; or over-hardening. Action Arms sent me parts and then finally asked for the gun back. I sent it to them, then they called me and asked if they could send me a new gun; I asked if they could send a check which they did. Since the actual CZ product wasn�t available back then, I bought a Browning Hi Power.
And the rest is history. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've had a CZ 97B for close to 10 years, and love it. There is a 75 of some configuration (not exactly sure which, but it has the rail on the dustcover) in .40 at a store in town. I've been tempted to put it on layaway everytime I walk past it. I may have to bite the bullet soon before someone else does.

MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,290
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.