Campfire Ranger
B
I'm happy for you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
LOL....

Blackheart, Wasting time on simpletons that don't understand how overcharging customers while reducing employee hours to escape paying for what he's "surcharging" for is an excercise in futility.

Many of us understand and agree with you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks, I'm beginning to see that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
LOL....

Blackheart, Wasting time on simpletons that don't understand how overcharging customers while reducing employee hours to escape paying for what he's "surcharging" for is an excercise in futility.

I guess Obama was right about Romney.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Truly unbelievable. People get in a hole and when it's clear they are wrong, what do they do? Keep digging apparently.

That article Nathan linked couldn't have explained it better and there is absolutely NOTHING in the OP that implies the owner is doing anything other than attempting to cover his incremental costs. Well nothing but completely unfounded paranoia or envy. For crying out loud. Another reason to not be stunned how people voted for Obama. 2 minutes of education is apparently too much for some.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Many of us were right about Romney. You're a little late to the party sunshine.

I 'spose a MA. liberal that never stood for a gawdamed thing he didn't flipflop on at least half a dozen times sounded good to you?

Congrats?

I hope his loss lessens the guilt you are bound to feel. wink

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Some of us can think for ourselves, can work out math above the 2nd grade level and don't need a link to tell us what to believe.

PS.....Geau----You do know that everything that's read to you from the interwebz isn't true, don't you?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Yep, trying to maintain profit margin is just plain evil. May the devil take him....
I guaran-damn tee you he's got it figured so he's passing ALL the extra expense on to his customers and employee's with a good bit EXTRA left over for him. Any excuse to [bleep] people over for bigger profit is a good excuse.

No truer words spoken by a union drone! Pay attention to this moron folks, we are going to see more of these crawl out of the sewer.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many of us were right about Romney. You're a little late to the party sunshine.

I 'spose a MA. liberal that never stood for a gawdamed thing he didn't flipflop on at least half a dozen times sounded good to you?

Congrats?

I hope his loss lessens the guilt you are bound to feel. wink

Was there another candidate to choose from that I missed?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Originally Posted by NathanL
5% isn't going to cover it.

Franchise owners meet and discuss Obamacare
I find it incredible a franchisee of any size at all wouldn't have done that simple math but just read this thread, talk about head in the sand. And those attacking the franchisee in the OP won't read the very brief article (or understand it apparently).
What is funny though is what the guy is illustrating is EXACTLY what all the opponents said from day one but the left just kept talking about how 'magic' it was going to be. And people think they are stupid. They are not stupid. They are evil. mad
I don't see anything in that article that changes my mind. The business owner they interviewed said it would cost an amount equal to ONE AND A HALF percent of his total sales to cover all of his employee's with insurance. That's a far cry from the FIVE PERCENT of total sales the Denny's CEO plans to charge his customers to cover his expenses. FURTHERMORE, the CEO interviewed in Nathan L's link says he can pay the fines for not insuring his employee's for just a little more than his current cost of only insuring a small portion of his full time employee's. AcesnEights was certainly right about wasting my time on simpletons.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The dirty little secret with the fine is that it starts low, $95 and progresses very quickly upward.
I suggest people read this..... OBamacares 18 new taxes.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/08/20/obamacares-18-new-tax-hikes

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know human nature. The VAST majority are unethical scum like you.

Right...they're not nice reasonable well-spoken folks like you.

It appears you've had a terrible upbringing, surrounded by mean-spirited role models, who turned you into one of them. It's too bad, too. You're reasonably intelligent.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. frown

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
LOL....

That's for the market to decide. If his new business model is inefficient, he will fail and need to alter it. Otherwise, not. Has nothing to do with anyone trying to cheat the public or employees.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of us can think for ourselves, can work out math above the 2nd grade level and don't need a link to tell us what to believe.

PS.....Geau----You do know that everything that's read to you from the interwebz isn't true, don't you?

Ace,
Corporate finance is my job. I read financial statements pretty much everyday. I read their annual report and have a basic understanding of the industry. If you choose to not believe the article from the franchisee conference for whatever reason that's fine, I guess. I also understand that the corporate revenue and proft numbers have exactly NOTHING to do, at all, in any way, with what a franchisee makes from his restaurants. It's not even the same revenue source. So, then what exactly are you basing your 'feelings' on that the franchisee in the OP is somehow 'profiting' by raising his profit?

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
LOL....

That's for the market to decide. If his new business model is inefficient, he will fail and need to alter it. Otherwise, not. Has nothing to do with anyone trying to cheat the public or employees.

Exactly...

Also, this business owner didn't gain his level of success by being stupid. Who here have been as successful as this man?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
LOL....

Blackhearts main premise was that this guy was cheating people and blaming it on Obamacare.

It was NOT about whether he had a good business model, what the market would allow or any other mental masturbation excerise.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I find it incredible a franchisee of any size at all wouldn't have done that simple math but just read this thread, talk about head in the sand. And those attacking the franchisee in the OP won't read the very brief article (or understand it apparently).
What is funny though is what the guy is illustrating is EXACTLY what all the opponents said from day one but the left just kept talking about how 'magic' it was going to be. And people think they are stupid. They are not stupid. They are evil. mad
I don't see anything in that article that changes my mind. The business owner they interviewed said it would cost an amount equal to ONE AND A HALF percent of his total sales to cover all of his employee's with insurance. That's a far cry from the FIVE PERCENT of total sales the Denny's CEO plans to charge his customers to cover his expenses. FURTHERMORE, the CEO interviewed in Nathan L's link says he can pay the fines for not insuring his employee's for just a little more than his current cost of only insuring a small portion of his full time employee's. AcesnEights was certainly right about wasting my time on simpletons.
When was Denny's CEO ever mentioned, anywhere? What in the world are you talking about? The article Nathan posted had a quote by a TacoBell/KFC franchisee. Did it ever occur to you his margins might not equal a Denny franchisee in another state? Unreal. The point was to help you understand how Obamacare costs work which apparently you don't. You keep mentioning reducing the full time employees will somehow magically reduce the number of hours he'll still have to pay which makes absolutely no sense at all. It still takes x hours to run the business. He'll use more part time people where he won't have to pay benefits vs fewer full time employees. PLEASE tell me I'm not attempting to discuss business economics with a union member...
I won't call you a simpleton. Your are just uninformed (or at this stage of the thread, willfully ignorant). Keep hating "the man" based on your 'feelings'. It's as good as anything I guess.
Obamacare will hardly have any additional costs to anyone. It's 'magic'.

NRA Lifer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blackhearts main premise was that this guy was cheating people and blaming it on Obamacare.
Which is based on absolutely nothing.

NRA Lifer

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Which is based on absolutely nothing.

WRONG AGAIN. It's based upon a surcharge of 5% to cover obamacare. Then it goes on to say he's reducing employee hours so he WON'T BE SUBJECT TO OBAMACARE rules. Why charge a surcharge for obamacare if you're avoiding it altogether?

I'm a successful business owner and I understand both sides. BUT I HATE LYING CHEATING SOBS!!!!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

When was Denny's CEO ever mentioned, anywhere? What in the world are you talking about? The article Nathan posted had a quote by a TacoBell/KFC franchisee. Did it ever occur to you his margins might not equal a Denny franchisee in another state? Unreal. The point was to help you understand how Obamacare costs work which apparently you don't. You keep mentioning reducing the full time employees will somehow magically reduce the number of hours he'll still have to pay which makes absolutely no sense at all. It still takes x hours to run the business. He'll use more part time people where he won't have to pay benefits vs fewer full time employees. PLEASE tell me I'm not attempting to discuss business economics with a union member...
I won't call you a simpleton. Your are just uninformed (or at this stage of the thread, willfully ignorant). Keep hating "the man" based on your 'feelings'. It's as good as anything I guess.
Obamacare will hardly have any additional costs to anyone. It's 'magic'.
Uhh, the Denny's CEO was interviewed in the OP. I suggest you go back and read that as well as the article linked by Nathan L. I can't believe your job is corporate finance. My god it's no wonder this country is in trouble. Lord have mercy, "Unreal" is right.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.