Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ordered mine in March of 2010 and was just told not to expect delivery until late Jan or Feb of next year.The run time at my order date was about 16 months out but do to increased demand it looks like a two year wait.May not get better so I would suggest Ed [too many numbers] and a few of you other guys contemplating better get on the stick and place your orders.!! grin

This has been a long wait but the generosity of ET,jorge and gunner 500 picking up the tab has only made the wait even more special.Gentlemen I'm still in awe of your kindness! Thank you. smile

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinWhuddaya mean generous?? We wuz too [bleep]' cheap to pay the shipping!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Youse guys are still the bestest of butt holes! grin

Woody
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Bill Goodman is a good choice if'n you don't want too long a wait

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shiloh

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you have any engraving or extra's put on? That always adds time.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Did you have any engraving or extra's put on? That always adds time.

Nope just a pewter tip. Mine's a full octagon barrel and they hadn't even made the barrel production runs as of late Sept.Guess they're back to their old cycles.Otter told me it took over two years to get his first one.

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't yet asked when mine will be done. I figure it will be a while smile No Engraving, but I did spring for Extra-fancy wood and AA finish, and special length of pull.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Better than the five years it took to get mine...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I haven't yet asked when mine will be done. I figure it will be a while smile No Engraving, but I did spring for Extra-fancy wood and AA finish, and special length of pull.

grinI realize that ya drag yer knuckles when you walk, but if you intend to use the rifle somewhere where it gets cold, factor in a medium to heavy hunting coat when ordering LOP. grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Speaking of LOP, Bill Goodman has a good looking Saddle Rifle .40-65 with a 13 inch LOP. The gun looks great and has some nice options. Would 13 inches make it too short for someone 6 ft tall?

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pace, the only way to find your LOP would be to fit rifles with different LOP until you find the right fit. WITH standard hunting clothes, not summer range clothes.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

grinI realize that ya drag yer knuckles when you walk, but if you intend to use the rifle somewhere where it gets cold, factor in a medium to heavy hunting coat when ordering LOP. grin

smile yup. special short length of pull grin I also asked for 13"

I had my .45-70 at the deer lease last weekend, as well as another #1. I could not make myself use a .45-70 on a Texas deer blush

But Nilagi would be interesting with the .45-90; there's quite a few of them in Texas. And at some point I too would like to knock over a bison with the Sharps.

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Woody - I wish it had only been over two years for my first, but it was 4 years, 10 months and 20 days . . . but I really wasn't counting wink.

Second one was seven days fromt the order call to delivery.

It can payoff in time-frame if they have what you would order anyhow, in stock . . . I got lucky on #2 . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Ordered mine in March of 2010 and was just told not to expect delivery until late Jan or Feb of next year.The run time at my order date was about 16 months out but do to increased demand it looks like a two year wait.May not get better so I would suggest Ed [too many numbers] and a few of you other guys contemplating better get on the stick and place your orders.!! grin

This has been a long wait but the generosity of ET,jorge and gunner 500 picking up the tab has only made the wait even more special.Gentlemen I'm still in awe of your kindness! Thank you. smile

Woody, Shiloh announced a round /bull run in Feb of 10 I ordered my business rifle on the 3/1/10 it was done in Sept . of 10 thats 6-7 mths that oct barreled guns would not have been started,ones in production would have been worked on in that time frame. Once you are notified that your gun is in production and the balance is due ,your order can't be changed and it will be completed as ordered.If you have questions about the wait on your rifle call Shiloh they will tell you exactly where it is. Magnum Man

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Woody,

You're making life miserable around here! grin Between you, E.T., Greg, and Bill, I'm sunk, for sure.

Right now, it's a matter of "dead presidents". This economy isn't what it needs to be for me to order one right now.

My lovely bride keeps asking why I spend so much time on the internet looking at Sharps rifles and accessories...

Hope springs eternal!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the post. I guess I'll re-think if I really need one. A two or more year wait at my age and I'll be dead before I get it. frown

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tim it's never too late! grin

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Woody,

You're making life miserable around here! grin Between you, E.T., Greg, and Bill, I'm sunk, for sure.

Right now, it's a matter of "dead presidents". This economy isn't what it needs to be for me to order one right now.

My lovely bride keeps asking why I spend so much time on the internet looking at Sharps rifles and accessories...

Hope springs eternal!

Ed

Ed, You already know Jim was here a few days and didn't get kilt by my other half! Since I didn't have to pay for my gun [courtesy of ET,jorge and gunner cool ] guess who got the gun money? whistle

Woody
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Woody,

Either you're married to the second best woman in the world (my lovely bride is #1) or you're the best keeper of secrets I know of. Otherwise, I KNOW Jim would be dog meat. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,906 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,605
Posts18,532,691
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.