-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I posted this already in the general big game forum but no replies yet and im ...running out of time

I'm up visiting family here on Camano Island and looking for some areas close to see some wildlife...Bears and or goats would be cool..I'm thinking about heading up tomorrow up around Glacier and possibly up Baker Mt a ways..Like to find some areas to glass..Any suggestions would be great..

Top E

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For goats, your not to far (I think) from Hurricane Ridge in the Olympics

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Camano Island is closer to highway 20 than anywhere else. Lots of times you can see an elk herd just out of Sedro Wooley in the valley. Don't know if it is time for eagles on the Skagit River yet, but I think it is that time of the year. Don't know about goats and bears. Highway 20 is one of the greatest drives around, but just closed for the winter.

Like action shooter said, you could take a ferry to the Olympic Peninsula and have a really good chance of seeing goats on Mission Ridge.

I'm sure you stand as good a chance for bears on the way to Mt. Baker as anywhere. I don't know of any particular spots, hopefully someone else does. While we have lots of them they are harder to come by than you might think. Bear season just ended on the 15th. DOn't know when exactly they start to hibernate.

Have a great trip, hope the weather is good so you can at least see the fantastic views now that the snow is hitting the mountains.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you are referring to Glacier,WA past Maple Falls,WA then yes.

I cannot recall the exact FR road number but find the road that parallels a creek leading up to Heliotrope Trail. Will be past the Glacier Ranger station. Road turns right or south on the way to ski area. It's one of two designated Sno Park roads in the area and I believe the only one south of the highway.

You won't make it to the overlook areas up high. But if you see Cougar Divide on the arm running almost due North off Baker. There are usually 20+ goats in and around the west face of that ridge.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,912
Posts18,479,552
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.