Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thought this was pretty interesting. Looks like all of us that have made fun of folks claiming this thing was real may not have the last laugh... I still don't believe it.

BIGFOOT� DNA SEQUENCED IN UPCOMING GENETICS STUDY

Five-Year Genome Study Yields Evidence of Homo sapiens/Unknown Hominin Hybrid Species in North America

DALLAS, Nov. 24--A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called �Bigfoot� or �Sasquatch,� living in North America. Researchers� extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:

�Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

Hominins are members of the taxonomic grouping Hominini, which includes all members of the genus Homo. Genetic testing has already ruled out Homo neanderthalis and the Denisova hominin as contributors to Sasquatch mtDNA or nuDNA. �The male progenitor that contributed the unknown sequence to this hybrid is unique as its DNA is more distantly removed from humans than other recently discovered hominins like the Denisovan individual,� explains Ketchum.

�Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.�

Ketchum is a veterinarian whose professional experience includes 27 years of research in genetics, including forensics. Early in her career she also practiced veterinary medicine, and she has previously been published as a participant in mapping the equine genome. She began testing the DNA of purported Sasquatch hair samples 5 years ago.

Ketchum calls on public officials and law enforcement to immediately recognize the Sasquatch as an indigenous people:

�Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a �license� to hunt, trap, or kill them.�

Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes.

###

Dr. Ketchum is available for interview or to answer further questions about the Sasquatch genome study and associated research on novel contemporary hominins at mediadnadiagnostics.com

� Copyright 2012 DNA Diagnostics

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Aren't you a little early for April Fools?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My friend's son, Richard Germeau is part of Olympic Project and I have been getting updates for about three years. I even told about it here that there was going to be an announcement. It just tool longer than I thought because of some legal squabbles from some who provided hair for the sampling.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bad audio in this, but worth a listen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My criticism about the existence of "Bigfoot" is: N. America is covered with game camera's, where's the photo-proof?? The best bowhunters in the world go way back in the wilderness of the Lower 48, where's their Bigfoot trophy, or footprint pics, or sightings??? Carcasses or bones, where are they???

I not about to buy into a myth without conclusive proof....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
My criticism about the existence of "Bigfoot" is: N. America is covered with game camera's, where's the photo-proof?? The best bowhunters in the world go way back in the wilderness of the Lower 48, where's their Bigfoot trophy, or footprint pics, or sightings??? Carcasses or bones, where are they???

I agree. In my line of work physical evidence is everything. Until I see a body Bigfoot is a myth.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

+1 Very fishy scientist.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
She has known this for at least two years. My understanding is the first lab she sent samples to for blind testing went ballistic. grin

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That southern drawl does her evidence no favors. laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
+1 Very fishy scientist.

I disagree. She's got an impressive resume.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
She and the lab she started are well known and not in question. Then everything was sent to other labs for blind testing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
+1 Very fishy scientist.

I disagree. She's got an impressive resume.
Let's see where this goes.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not a believer in Bigfoot, I just find the whole thing kinda entertaining.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Partied with a couple of 'em recently in Ontario. They drink Brador, don't show up on photographs, and aren't afraid of Chuck Norris.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Will this mean I have to quit shootin them...?

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Homo Sapiens is a most arrogant breed,believing nothing else exists in the universe but himself. whistle Stupidity at the highest level.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I'm not a believer in Bigfoot, I just find the whole thing kinda entertaining.

I am open minded. If I had not worked with the dad of one of the researchers and had years of background and insight into their work I would have been a little more skeptical. Bot I got to see the trail cam pictures when something licked the trail cam and I have seen the DNA findings so I am a little more prepared for this news release than most.

BTW, these kids that did the work here on the Olympic Peninsula did all the work with their own funds and have not made a penny on it. They did it for the fun of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice Itpp...... grin Best pic of "it" I've seen in a long time. Looks like she lost weight to me.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You got that one wrong, that is Bigbutt not Bigfoot.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,268
Posts18,486,569
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.