Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I'm not a believer in Bigfoot, I just find the whole thing kinda entertaining.

I am open minded. If I had not worked with the dad of one of the researchers and had years of background and insight into their work I would have been a little more skeptical. Bot I got to see the trail cam pictures when something licked the trail cam and I have seen the DNA findings so I am a little more prepared for this news release than most.

BTW, these kids that did the work here on the Olympic Peninsula did all the work with their own funds and have not made a penny on it. They did it for the fun of it.

The lack of a body or any pics makes it hard for me to be open minded.

We'll have to see what, if anything, this DNA stuff amounts to.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If it does prove to be true than we will have to face some real hard decisions. Things like will a 270 just bounce off or what is the best way to field dress one.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The only thing less believable than a ghost is a bigfoot. Even scarier is a ghost of a bigfoot.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My friend's son, Richard Germeau is part of Olympic Project and I have been getting updates for about three years. I even told about it here that there was going to be an announcement. It just tool longer than I thought because of some legal squabbles from some who provided hair for the sampling.

Rich used to post pretty frequently on another site I'm a member at. Only posts updates on his Olympic Project once or twice a year now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hardly call any of what they have presented "proof". They won't even share their data.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
�Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.
I can see Nancy Pelosi bedding down a gorilla.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Seriously....someone got funding for this, really!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Stalin knew that an army of half ape-half men would be invinceable!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No study should have much importance placed on it - until it is peer-reviewed.

This one has not been.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have one question that I can't find an answer to: where, exactly, did they find the tissue to do the DNA analysis on, and what made them suspect these tissues were sasquatch so as to launch the study? How old were the tissue samples?

The article begs more questions than it answers.

Last edited by DocRocket; 11/29/12.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Doc,

Supposedly there have been creatures struck by vehicles. Maybe it came from there.

I'm in the "wait and see" crowd. Until it completes the peer review, I'm more than a little skeptical.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Doc,

Supposedly there have been creatures struck by vehicles. Maybe it came from there.

I'm in the "wait and see" crowd. Until it completes the peer review, I'm more than a little skeptical.

Ed

yeah im the wait and see type....i understand why no bodies have been found out in the woods.....out here on the arid plains its unreal how fast a even a cow can be reduced to a skeleton and the bones themselves disappear fairly rapidly.....put the same thing in the PNW where its wet and the soil is on the acidic side and it happens even faster....i know in the Congo if researchers dont get to a gorillas body with in a day or so they never find a trace of one....

some of the other things like not showing up on any of the thousands of game cams or one never being hit and killed outright by a car to produce evidence is a lil harder to explain....

all in all im not willing to bet one way or the other....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I have one question that I can't find an answer to: where, exactly, did they find the tissue to do the DNA analysis on, and what made them suspect these tissues were sasquatch so as to launch the study? How old were the tissue samples?

Watch the vid and she says where they got the DNA samples.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
[Linked Image]
grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No. A group of guys near where I live funded it themselves. Look at their site I posted.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Tax'em. Maybe there is a Job for them in the White House.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Watch the vid and she says where they got the DNA samples.

Maybe I missed it, but all I heard her say was from WHOM they got the samples, not where they were recovered from.

She DOES speak to handling the samples correctly according to forensic requirements, but does not go into detail. I'm supposing that all of this is covered under the peer review.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aliens that got left behind. Reason that there are not more. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No. A group of guys near where I live funded it themselves. Look at their site I posted.

I don't think so, I would rather read the next Budget forecast as even it would be more believable than this.
Not much, I grant you...but a little.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As fun as it is to speculate about Gigantopithecus (bigfeets) I just have a hard time believing one would not have turned up before now. I'm been in some damn remote places in the west, and it's still not that hard to find trash, debris, or other signs of humans.

OTH, if it is proven to exist, watch the Fed lock away a bunch of land, to protect them frown

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (16gage, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,930 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,959
Posts18,519,447
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.