-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,038 of 1,842 1 2 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tomorrow is our great state's muzzle stuffer opener. and sadly in a short 6 weeks it will be over. good luck to ya'll who are blowing smoke and lead at deers this weekend! hopfully I get a picture or two of slickheads down. I'm taking my boy with me in the blind, he promises he's ready, I think he is, we'll see.
good luck all!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm stuck at work taking inventory all weekend. frown

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
got a doe with the smokepole last night, going back this morning to see about getting another one. woke up at 2 am and can't sleep. figured this is better than sleeping in and missing a mornings hunt smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a doe last night also.
I was using a 250 grain,T/C shockwave bullet,90 grains of 3fffg goex blackpowder,range 110 yards,Knight wolverine.
Dang bullet didnt expand one bit,just the little plastic tip broke off,found it under the hide on the far side,shot was a bit high,took out the arteries that run along the underside of the spine,DRT,but no expansion at all.A double lunger ,it would have sailed on through.
I didnt think I was getting much velocity,maybe 1500 fps or so,gonna have to check that.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fluffy, how old is your Wolverine? I think I bought mine over 15 years ago. I never actually saw another hunter using one.

Edit: Mine is the old MK-93 with the stock similar to an old Ruger boat-paddle.

Last edited by goalie; 12/02/12.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine is an lk-93,with a boat paddle stock.
I dont know how old it is,I bought it a few months ago,in very good condition, for $100.
The trigger is so good,its become my #1 choice.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well me and Nate went to the cabin and tried a little hunting, didn't work out. But it was a nice test run for the yeller truck after some recent tuning, cab weatherizing and a new u-joint.

Truck works awesome.

[Linked Image]

Then while visiting with a friend last night I made a trade, I gave him a stainless MKII target .22 for a stainless single six with .22 and .22 magnum cylinders. It matches my old frame vaquero .45 really nice.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dave I am worried about you and the vehicle addiction....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It's a terminal condition.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fluffy
Mine is an lk-93,with a boat paddle stock.
I dont know how old it is,I bought it a few months ago,in very good condition, for $100.
The trigger is so good,its become my #1 choice.

Yeah, I always wondered who made the triggers. Mine is pretty nice, especially for an inexpensive firearm. I also actually like the screw-in/out safety. It is easy to manipulate with gloves on, and makes it impossible to strike the cap.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use that safety when pulling up /down in the stand,crossing fences,etc.
I actually could buy another tag for zone 338for myself,in fact my son has an unused bonus tag from youth season,if I buy him another tag,he would then have two.hmmmmm......
If only I have time.Sometime this week,I need to drive to Bemidiji and back,and try to keep up at work.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fluffy
I got a doe last night also.
I was using a 250 grain,T/C shockwave bullet,90 grains of 3fffg goex blackpowder,range 110 yards,Knight wolverine.
Dang bullet didnt expand one bit,just the little plastic tip broke off,found it under the hide on the far side,shot was a bit high,took out the arteries that run along the underside of the spine,DRT,but no expansion at all.A double lunger ,it would have sailed on through.
I didnt think I was getting much velocity,maybe 1500 fps or so,gonna have to check that.

I've killed a few deer with the same bullit they shoot good but don't expand . I'm going back to Barnes 250 gr I think they call em Expanders or something like that . They flat out work and most deer I've shot with them have been a "Bang Flop" kinda deal . My first inline was a LK93 IIRC Knight used Timmney triggers ?

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our dang internet has been down for over a week . Had a Netgear DSL motem router combo . Netgear customer service sucks like really bad so we payed 12.00 to Staples for a service plan so we can talk to an OKLAHOMAN in TULSA instead of Osama's brother in Iraqnadbadistan or some friggen where . Whew man I feel so much better now .

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i love children that are mine. more than beer and I'm going to buy them anything they want!! grin yay me.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hacked!!

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah, it was the part about loving kids more than beer that gave him away smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, too funny!

I took my boy hunting tonight, boy what a fiasco. he was restless in the blind, but it's a pop up so it is very forgiving. we got out there early and decided after we got settled in we both had to pee. he unzipps the "tent" as he calls it we clamber out there and drop trou next to a barbed wire fence, as we're talking I look across the river and see a 4 point white tail and 2 does staring at us from 50 yards away. oh crap. they absconded in the fashion that whitetails do, taking the meat we were after with them. we settle back in, watch a few mule deer go to water, the buck was wide and tall, but lacked points, still a nice deer, fun to see.
after a cinibun and gatoraid, little man plays angry birds while I watch for deers. low and behold a doe and fawn make their way across the river and up past our blind, at 25 yards I drop the hammer on the doe, flop she goes. little deer bolts and then turns back for mama, and walks back, I reload super fast in a minute and a half while this "medium sized deer" is standing at 25 yards. little man covers his ears again and BANG, down goes the fawn. little man is stoked, I'm thinking "cool! now the work begins" we drive home at 35 MPH because we broke a strut on my car on the way in, long story. but now we're home, little man had the time of his life and thinks I'm the greatest hunter that ever walked the earth. deers are hung up, mama's making supper and I have a fashionable adult beverage to help me unwind after a long day. life is good.

* disclaimer, usually I don't Intentionally shoot fawns, but the landowner I'm hunting for wants the does/fawns thinned out. so if it's brown and not wearing head gear it's down. I've seen several nice bucks, been really fun.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Awesome day in the bushes of northern MN today. Scouted and hung some cameras. I'll post pictures tomorrow, I'm pretty wiped.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,the single six is a good companion piece to your Double Nine.
I recently purchased a Smith&Wesson .22 auto pistol.Model 22A.It has a rail on top so I mounted a 2X Tasco pistol scope.What an ACCURATE pistol with a great trigger pull.At the range the other day I hit a small plastic aspirin bottle eight straight times at 50 yards.
The Camp Chickenbuck truck looks great.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow that's impressive accuracy and even more impressive shooting Stan!

Nate and I spotted a bobcat in the forest yesterday.

We didn't get a shot opportunity but it was really cool to see one. Good sized too, he looked like a medium sized dog.

Here's a better pic of that single six.

[Linked Image]

We also cut a charlie brown xmas tree yesterday.

The women folk are pretending to be impressed with our Christmas tree. grin

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Page 1,038 of 1,842 1 2 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.