Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Scott---I know Rich isn't a biologist but he is a police officer that is trained in chain of custody evidence handling. He is also, to my knowledge, very professional and of of the highest integrity. I'm willing to continue to withhold judgement but will keep an open mind. Flatlanders pretending they know our wilderness areas do provide good laughs though.

I'll let the campfire doubtfuls continue to pontificate about which, as usual, they don't have a f.ucking clue about. Rich G. has put a lot of time and effort into this and a year or so ago clued some of us in on his "potential" findings.....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Derek Randles
Hunter 1 and Hunter 2 described them as a cross between a gorilla and a bear. They said that they had very large heads, almost too big for their bodies. They also stated that the little ones had a much flatter face than a bear. They spent as much time on two legs as they did on four. The smaller figures began getting closer and closer, at on point, just a few yards. One of them climbed up a small outcrop above hunter 1. Hunter 1 started to get the feeling he might be attacked. He made a quick decision, turned and fired. The figure went down and rolled right down to Hunter 1's location. He lifted it up, and then placed it in the brush. They then decided that they needed to leave, now.

Okay, let's examine this story. Hunter 1 shot a large presumed adult animal, which he initially thought was a bear. He shot it in the chest, and it ran off. The hunters made no effort to track the wounded animal to recover it or end its suffering, but instead hung around the site where they shot and killed a smaller animal they presumed to be a juvenile.

Then they left.

This was in 2010. The hunters supposedly "did not believe" in Bigfoot prior to this incident, we're told. This suggests they knew of stories of Bigfoot, which is a reasonable presumption... after all, is there ANYONE in North America who hasn't heard the Bigfoot legend? Yet they shot and killed at least one unidentified animal, and then just left.

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind leaving behind evidence of Bigfoot in this day and age. They'd be famous, at least, if not actually rich. Yet we're to believe these guys just hid the carcass and took off.

Originally Posted by Derek Randles
I, Derek Randles was put in touch with the hunters about two weeks later. I interviewed them both by phone extensively, and separately. I found that their story matched perfectly with no inconsistency's. I could also tell that they were natural and not rehearsed.

Really. Natural, and not rehearsed, and the "interviews" took place "about two weeks" after the fact. And of course, I'm sure Mr. Randles is a trained interrogator/investigator, and used the usual methods a trained interrogator uses to root out collusion in fabricated stories.

Yep, I'm REALLY starting to get excited about all this Bigfoot "evidence" now.

No matter how many times I will say that it can't be counted out just yet, this story screams BS. For exactly the reasons you state.

There's just NO WAY two guys would shoot an unknown animal and not AT LEAST take a picture. Hunter's are very likely to have a camera on them. And are very likely to be able to identify every known species in that geographical area. To find and shoot one that is unknown would be HUGE news in ANYONE'S mind. No way this happened this way in my mind. Doubt it happened at all.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

There are also people who believe that there is no intelligent life outside our little planet earth, yet believe that the universe is infinite. In an infinite universe the chances of another form of intelligent life being out there is 100%, yet everybody wants proof, even when it is staring them in the face.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Flatlanders pretending they know our wilderness areas do provide good laughs though.

Couldn't agree with that more. I don't think people realize how remote and rugged the mountain regions of the U.S. really are. And how easy it would be for something to exist out there and never be found.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pira114
Flatlanders pretending they know our wilderness areas do provide good laughs though.

Couldn't agree with that more. I don't think people realize how remote and rugged the mountain regions of the U.S. really are. And how easy it would be for something to exist out there and never be found.

Nobody found DB Cooper either, must not have been here. wink

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by pira114

Nobody found DB Cooper either, must not have been here. wink

wink AND...folks had a relatively good idea (generally speaking) of where he "landed/bounced".

This is exactly how non-believers try to discount our belief in God.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There are also people who believe that there is no intelligent life outside our little planet earth, yet believe that the universe is infinite. In an infinite universe the chances of another form of intelligent life being out there is 100%, yet everybody wants proof, even when it is staring them in the face.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Flatlanders pretending they know our wilderness areas do provide good laughs though. �

Until ya hafta get outa bed at 0300, bundle-up for 40� below fashion, and go trompin' out to dig their shiverin' butts outa snowbanks. Seems that Disney and Wilderness Family tend to skip-over a few vital points in their outdoor-TV education.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
wink

Very true. Many come up here and are never found again....I suppose someone should tell their families they don't/didn't exist.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some find it is easier to tell the
child "yes there is a Santa Claus"

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You said "Rich" ... is this Germeau? If so, I've heard him speak. Quite an impressive guy. Not one I'd want searching for me unless I wanted to be found. smile

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still at in huh. Well, everyone knows bigfoot works for Jack Link Jerky company. Seen him on TV, clear as day. What more proof would anyone need?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by T_O_M
, and this story of the hunters is a [bleep]' joke.

I get the distinct impression ya'll don't want to hear what I have to say, but I'd like to add something you may find interesting ... disgusting ... enlightening ... many other things perhaps.

Doc - here's the joke from the joker's mouth:

Nobody here ever "hunted" like this, right?

TOM...

Please don't get me wrong... I don't have a dog in this hunt. Whether Bigfoot exists or doesn't, is something that I have no academic interest in. But unlike many of our Campfire compadres, I DO have more than a bit of academic scientific experience, and I've offered what my criticisms are of the "evidence" presented thus far. That's all.

So far the evidence seems extremely flimsy, and it wouldn't even begin to pass peer review. I've tried to point out some of the major inconsistencies in this evidence.

As an investigator, both in research science and in the forensic field, I have come to regard eyewitness reports as the least reliable form of evidence we have available to us. The video/podcast you posted is 48 minutes long. I watched 2 minutes and confirmed my suspicion that this is a video/podcast production based on nothing more than eyewitness reports, and I don't have time to watch a 48 minute video/podcast presented by people who have an obvious financial incentive in convincing you and me of their "theory".

As well, given the written report you posted earlier, the eyewitnesses aren't just witnesses, they're actually potential defendants, violators of game code at the very least and in my suspicious mind, probably something more. Sorry, I won't waste close to an hour of my time on such rubbish. I don't care enough about the existence, let alone what these people are prepared to say without being under oath.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't learn very fast I guess. smile

The Jack Links bigfoot ... man, the forehead and eyes, expression ... somehow just reminds me of Dio. He should front for a metal band.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
, and this story of the hunters is a [bleep]' joke.

I get the distinct impression ya'll don't want to hear what I have to say, but I'd like to add something you may find interesting ... disgusting ... enlightening ... many other things perhaps.

Doc - here's the joke from the joker's mouth:

Nobody here ever "hunted" like this, right?

TOM...

Please don't get me wrong... I don't have a dog in this hunt. Whether Bigfoot exists or doesn't, is something that I have no academic interest in. But unlike many of our Campfire compadres, I DO have more than a bit of academic scientific experience, and I've offered what my criticisms are of the "evidence" presented thus far. That's all.

So far the evidence seems extremely flimsy, and it wouldn't even begin to pass peer review. I've tried to point out some of the major inconsistencies in this evidence.

As an investigator, both in research science and in the forensic field, I have come to regard eyewitness reports as the least reliable form of evidence we have available to us. The video you posted is 48 minutes long. I watched 2 minutes and confirmed my suspicion that this is a video production based on nothing more than eyewitness reports, and I don't have time to watch a 48 minute video presented by people who have an obvious financial incentive in convincing you and me of their "theory".

As well, given the written report you posted earlier, the eyewitnesses aren't just witnesses, they're actually potential defendants, violators of game code at the very least and in my suspicious mind, probably something more. Sorry, I won't waste close to an hour of my time on such rubbish. I don't care enough about the existence, let alone what these people are prepared to say without being under oath.

You made it to two minutes? lol

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You said "Rich" ... is this Germeau? If so, I've heard him speak. Quite an impressive guy. Not one I'd want searching for me unless I wanted to be found. smile

Yes...same guy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If only doctors were God they wouldn't be wrong so often....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

As a single sample, you are right. But when a countless number of absences of evidence occur, you might take a hint and suspect that, indeed, absences is evident.

Proving that there is a Bigfoot is relatively simple actually. Produce one and you have proof. But what do you guys require to prove that one does not exist?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I dunno Brent...why doncha' go ahead and prove it doesn't exist.

Pics, tracks, DNA, first hand accounts, historical legend, etc doesn't prove it's existence show us some proof of nothing.lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will believe in Big Foot, or whatever you want to call it, when it shows up at my place. In all the years of this nonsense no one sees it, no one shoots one, and a dead one is never found. This dog don't hunt. Like the Loch Ness monster and the Yeti, its a legend based on folklore or myth.

The only Big Foot I know existed died at Wounded Knee creek in 1890.

Last edited by stantdm; 11/30/12.
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 16gage, 1moredeer, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,112 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,964
Posts18,519,505
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.