24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
I have recently purchased 3 firearms from the same vendor. While finalizing the last sale after background check cleared. I was asked why am I purchasing all these firearms so close in time. I was actually offended by that question and wondering if there is more to it than just the question. Has anyone else had something like this happen and should I do something about this?

If you can catch or kill it I can cook it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never happened to me; you should just wave your hands around at his wares in his store and tell him "I'm just trying to catch up to you."

Your dealer should be kissing your azz and thanking you for your continued business......

Last edited by gonehuntin; 12/03/12.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Nest time just say...

Because I can.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigKenny
I have recently purchased 3 firearms from the same vendor. While finalizing the last sale after background check cleared. I was asked why am I purchasing all these firearms so close in time. I was actually offended by that question and wondering if there is more to it than just the question. Has anyone else had something like this happen and should I do something about this?
I know nothing about VA laws, but in Idaho and some other states, buying 3 guns would justify getting a concealed carry permit. With it, you don't have to submit to the background check. You have to fill out the questionnaire but then you can plunk down your money and walk out with the gun.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Did he wright down your answer or was it just a general chit chat type question?

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think if you buy more than one gun a week your file is flagged at BATF. I seem to recall that in some jurisdictions like California, there is a limit to how many guns you can buy per month.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
When purchasing multiple firearms same day a dealer is required by the ATF to fill out a multiple purchase form and submit that in addition to the 4473 form. I was tripped up once by them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by doubletap
I think if you buy more than one gun a week your file is flagged at BATF. I seem to recall that in some jurisdictions like California, there is a limit to how many guns you can buy per month.

Yeah but in California, they are almost a communist state. They are a bunch of retards, ban Mt Lion hunting so the lions can eat joggers.....lol.

I agree, the vendor should be thanking you and giving you a discount

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by likeaduck
When purchasing multiple firearms same day a dealer is required by the ATF to fill out a multiple purchase form and submit that in addition to the 4473 form. I was tripped up once by them.

At least in VA, it's within five days..... We used to have that one gun a month law, but I was going broke trying to keep up wink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,694
Posts18,494,150
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.