Print Thread
Hop To
#7131419 12/01/12
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Daniel 8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

I have read a number of commentaries regarding this but still a bit empty with respect to it's fulfilment. Maybe it is still sealed. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone might have some insight I haven't read.

Thanks.

Steve

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There are several different length of days given in Daniel, and I shall not pretend to have it all figure out - nor maybe even any of it figured out. blush There are 1260 days, 1290 days, and 1335 days as well as the present 2300 days. The answer is probably cached away somewhere in Daniel, Revelation, and maybe Joel and some of the other minor prophets.

Here is what Clarence Larkin has to say:

AN ANGELIC CONVERSATION

While Daniel was pondering over the meaning of the "Vision" of the "Ram and He-Goat," he overheard a conversation between two "Saints" or "Holy Ones"�

"Then I heard one Saint speaking, and another Saint said unto that certain Saint which spake, How long shall be the Vision concerning the 'DAILY SACRIFICE,' and the 'TRANSGRESSION OF DESOLATION,' to give both the 'Sanctuary' and the 'Host' to be trodden under foot? And he (the first Saint) said unto me (Daniel), unto TWO THOUSAND AND THREE HUNDRED DAYS; then shall the Sanctuary be cleansed." Da 8:13-14.

Before we proceed any further let us try to clear up the meaning of the "Two Thousand and Three Hundred Days." The Hebrew expression is not "days," but "evening-mornings," that is 2300 evening-morning sacrifices, which proves that actual days of twenty-four hours are intended. The question the second saint asked of the first was, "How long shall be the Vision concerning the 'Daily Sacrifice' and the 'Transgression of Desolation' to give both the Sanctuary and the Host to be trodden under foot?" This question was prompted by the previous statement, that the "Little Horn" would take away the "Daily Sacrifice,' and that the "Place of His Sanctuary" (the Temple) would be cast down, or desolated. The answer to the question was�"Unto two thousand and three hundred days." Now as these days are literal days, and date from the time when the "Daily Sacrifice" shall be taken away by the "Little Horn" (the Antichrist), which is in the "Middle" of Daniel's "Seventieth Week" (Da 9:27), then these 2300 days begin in the "Middle of the Week" and as the "Week" is seven years long, half the "Week" would be three and one-half years, or forty-two months of thirty days each, or 1260 days. This would make the 2300 days overrun the last "half of the Week 1040 days, or two years, ten months, and twenty days. And as the "Sanctuary" is not to be cleansed, or the "Daily Sacrifice" renewed until then, it would appear as if the Temple services are not to be reestablished until Ezekiel's Temple has been built. Eze 41:1�Eze 43:27.

It doesn't help me understand it much better. wink When you figure it out, lay it on us! laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks for that post. It helps.

The math seems to be a bit of a stretch if trying days = years. So, I am glad someone else thinks that days = days here.

Chuck Swindoll contends that it has dual fulfillment. Alexander the Great followed by Antiochus' defiling the Temple in 167 BC and the restoration after about 3 years by the Macabees...obviously not 2300 days but restored within that time. I added that last part though.

But I lost the radio station before I could hear the second part.

What CL says helps I think. I will try a bit of sketching on a timeline and see if, with some heavenly help i perhaps can wrap my little brain around it.

Steve

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Larkin has some good material on the book of Daniel, and also one called Dispensational Truth with some excellent time lines and charts and illustrations. He was a cartographer, IIRC.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks again.

Steve

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (achlupsa, 35, alwaysoutdoors, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 6 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.