Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 700LH
Ever feel like you stepped in dog schit looking right at it?

We have dog schit in the White House, everyone looked at the dog turd and still voted for him.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To quote Andrew Squigman....."I'll see it, when I believe it"

Sean
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been thinking about this since this thread started.

I was getting pissed thinking about the probable government grants that have been paid out to study this.

But now that I think about it, if the someone came to me and said they'd pay me a decent salary per year to hang out in the woods and look for a creature that most likely didn't exist, I'd jump at it. Even knowing people would laugh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That seems to make sense if you ignore the problems of dealing with the goofermint (or look at 'em through a long telescope with the big end next to your eye).

Just the paperwork alone would keep you indoors, madly scribbling when you weren't answering the 'phone.

While I was in rehab after my stroke (2001), the social worker set-up an interview with the VA. The VA decided to pay me a tiny monthly stipend and paid it for a year or so. Then the VA decided that I shouldn't have gotten it � and would have to pay it back, plus interest and penalties.

So the Treasury Department has been deducting a honking amount from my Social Security, and neither the Treasury Department nor the VA will say a mumblin' word to explain why, how much I still owe, or � .

When the FBI crime lab wanted to buy a copy of my big cartridge book, I refused to sell 'em one.

"I'll give you a copy, but I'm not about to sell you one."

The FBI guy was puzzled � wanted to know why.

"I'm not going to mess with all the paperwork for just one copy of the book."

He laughed. "You must have done business with the government before."

"No. I've worked for the government before."

So I sent 'em a copy, paid the postage, and didn't have to mess with a stack of paperwork or pesky goofermint noses.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was getting pissed thinking about the probable government grants that have been paid out to study this.

pretty sure the whole thing started as a way to shut down logging. Except the hippies forgot the government needed proof.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys are ruining my fantasy of being paid to just hang out in the woods. Spoil sports

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'm still holding out hope I run into one some day, maybe a badly injured one. I'd nurse it back to health, and then make it fetch ducks for me for the rest of its life. I'd let it eat the head, guts, feet and feathers of all the ones he brought back. I'm not a savage, after all.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pira114
But now that I think about it, if the someone came to me and said they'd pay me a decent salary per year to hang out in the woods and look for a creature that most likely didn't exist, I'd jump at it. Even knowing people would laugh.

But what if "someone" said you had to use an unknown T/C Encore rifle during the filming segment?? whistle

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

But what if "someone" said you had to use an unknown T/C Encore rifle during the filming segment?? whistle

Unless it's in 270, I don't see a problem with it. grin

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

It may very well be a bogus claim, but pontificating on how the testing is flawed without knowing any details on how it was conducted is bogus as well.

Gotta love the internet.

Glad you enjoyed my pontificating, JM.

I have no idea if the testing was flawed, and made no comment on that one way or another. But as Dr. Ketchum is an accredited researcher in this field, I actually have confidence that the lab DNA analysis is solid. Whether the samples provided are real is a question that needs to be asked, for reasons I have previously pontificated upon, and which I need not reiterate.

But like I said before, I have no dog in this fight. If they find Bigfoot, too bad for Bigfoot. If they don't, too bad for us.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Time will tell, indeed, Scott.

Apparently I have offended a number of 24HCF members by trying to inject a bit of scientific scepticisminto the discussion, as they seem to equate scepticism with dismissal.

I'm tired of trying to educate people. I've got some hunting to do this weekend, I think I'll go do some research into the theory that .270 bullets just bounce off deer. IME, so far at least, they might... but they sure blow the schitt outta speedgoats, rockchucks, skunks, and coyotes!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
� If they find Bigfoot, too bad for Bigfoot. If they don't, too bad for us.

I'd be happy enough just knowing for sure whether he's really out there somewhere, free and unmolested.

Ishi turned-out to be a genuine gentleman of the first water, but our world had no niche for him, and he paid for not completely fitting-in.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by DocRocket
� If they find Bigfoot, too bad for Bigfoot. If they don't, too bad for us.

I'd be happy enough just knowing for sure whether he's really out there somewhere, free and unmolested.

Ishi turned-out to be a genuine gentleman of the first water, but our world had no niche for him, and he paid for not completely fitting-in.

We need our myths, our legends, our old songs.

As a longbow archer, a bowsinger, I cherish the words of Ishi and those who knew him.
I like to think we would treat him better today.
That an army of bowhunters would see to that.
Those few who did honor and learn from Ishi were bowmen.

But Ishi and his people left sign and were found.

I still say if Bigfoot is out there, good hounds would have found him long ago.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ishi and Bigfoot is akin to apples and oranges if even that.

1870-1911: Period of Concealment: a remnant band (five to twenty individuals) of Yahi hide in the Mill Creek area.

November 10,1908: Surveying party surprises a band of four; Ishi escapes and hides; out of curiosity the surveyors take tools and artifacts from the camp.

October, 1910: T.T. Waterman leads an expedition into the Mill Creek area to attempt to find the lost band of Indians, finds "incontrovertible evidence of their existence in a wild state." No contact made.

Ishi
August 1911: Ishi walks out of Butte County wilderness into Oroville.

Story of Ishi

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys are ruining my fantasy of being paid to just hang out in the woods. Spoil sports

If you do get that job, you'll need someone to help you drag your deer out.....ugh, er bipedal homonid food source sample. PM me.

PS: I'll even shoot that 270 Encore if I have too.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I seem to find beer cans, and vienna sausage cans in the middle of nowhere. Seems like someone would have found a bigfoot by now.

The beer cans were mine, and the vienna sausage cans belong to curdog4570...

We wuz "R U N N O F T" by Bigfoot when it raided our camp, thus we couldn't pick up our trash. grin

Ed

FWIW..... that "scat" at the site didn't come from Bigfoot.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ever feel like you stepped in dog schit looking right at it?

Pardon me, I didn't see you lying there. LOL.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ishi and Bigfoot is akin to apples and oranges if even that.

1870-1911: Period of Concealment: a remnant band (five to twenty individuals) of Yahi hide in the Mill Creek area.

November 10,1908: Surveying party surprises a band of four; Ishi escapes and hides; out of curiosity the surveyors take tools and artifacts from the camp.

October, 1910: T.T. Waterman leads an expedition into the Mill Creek area to attempt to find the lost band of Indians, finds "incontrovertible evidence of their existence in a wild state." No contact made.

Ishi
August 1911: Ishi walks out of Butte County wilderness into Oroville.

Story of Ishi

The story of Ishi is too important to be buried in a Bigfoot thread

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I think we should have an Ishi Forum.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Done

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 52 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,688
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.