Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by iambrb
Do you consider getting a tattoo to be a sin or sinful behavior? Note that I am not talking about some occult or other blasphemous symbol, or an object of hate (Ex;, swastika).

Please support your stance with WHY you feel as you do, Biblically or otherwise, thanks!
Not going to read every posts as I'm sure it's going like every other tat thread.
In short, I have a hard time pondering God viewing defacing His creation(s) NORMALLY in the name of garnering attention to one's self, as a good thing. Sin? We don't get to decide but that is at least one thing that won't make an otherwise very long list when my time comes.
As I'm sure others have pointed out, I know some top shelf people, many Chrisitians and some family, that have tats, and I know some real... uh... "pieces of works" that are ink free.
I have noted however I have never met an aging adult that has uttered the phrase "I just wish I'd have gotten more tatoos in my life". For whatever that's worth.
As I've stated before, years of motorcycling has taught me to never judge a book by it's cover.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
And those "I am equal to God, so I have the right to judge you and condemn you" christians such as Barak who seek to judge myself and others, should go back and read the word of God on judging others, and worry about their own lives.

Oh my. Barak has not judged others. I believe he has supplied a Bible reference where people have asked for it.

This is exactly the kind of statement that has made me back off being here. And coming from you, Lynn!

Lynn, you really disappoint me. frown

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People with lots of tats = pitbulls.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
And those "I am equal to God, so I have the right to judge you and condemn you" christians such as Barak who seek to judge myself and others, should go back and read the word of God on judging others, and worry about their own lives.

Oh my. Barak has not judged others. I believe he has supplied a Bible reference where people have asked for it.

This is exactly the kind of statement that has made me back off being here. And coming from you, Lynn!

Penny

I have been here a while, and NOT seen any evidence of Barak, of all people, being judgemental or condescending. Quite the opposite, to my memory of the genreal ideas he espouses and posts.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I have lots of tat's, got them all long after I became a whole hearted follower of Jesus, and my animals include one birdbrain dog, one Coyote mix rescue project, one miniature Dachsund and five rescue cats.

Upon further reflection though, my miniature Dachsund THINKS he is a pit bull, so maybe that counts.... smile

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you want to desecrate your body i could care less if it is a sin or not.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by safariman

I have lots of tat's, got them all long after I became a whole hearted follower of Jesus, and my animals include one birdbrain dog, one Coyote mix rescue project, one miniature Dachsund and five rescue cats.

Upon further reflection though, my miniature Dachsund THINKS he is a pit bull, so maybe that counts.... smile

Actually, I meant the way a person reacts when confronted by either.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
Originally Posted by Bristoe
They might be,..but ya can't be human without being sinful.

This creature that we ride around in has issues.

That's why the Messiah showed up.

Your best post ever, by a mile. I mean that with no disrespect.

Merry Christmas.

+1 On that Rick. That's a Truism no matter how you say it.

With that said my dad made the following two statements if you get a tattoo or a motorcycle he would come back from the grave to whip our asses. For that reason both my brother and I never got one and we are both in our seventies.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

grin

You and I can agree on something. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have been here a while, and NOT seen any evidence of Barak, of all people, being judgemental or condescending. Quite the opposite, to my memory of the genreal ideas he espouses and posts.

Thank you, Mark. I appreciate that.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
IC B3

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I along with many other people believe that a tattoo is also not a sin. I myself have 4 and plan on more, the pastor of my church also has some, i dont think he plans on getting more. We got done with a book called "A life you always wanted" and it has a chapter about benchmarks that christans have placed on ourselves. For example what would you think if your pastor was smoking outside? Some people will listen to pastors/preachers etc, preach hate and shunning of certain type of people because of .... (fill in the blank) and that would be fine but if he was smoking outside, that is crossing the line.
My next tattoo is going to be "Joshua 24:15". I think that what is tattoo'ed is far more important then the actual tattoo itself

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Penny

I will pray for you, and me. As for Barak, he needs to defend his own words, not send you in his stead....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by nate4567

My next tattoo is going to be "Joshua 24:15". I think that what is tattoo'ed is far more important then the actual tattoo itself

Amen.

My next will be Psalms 103:12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ummmmm.... what words would those be? Again I do not recall seeiing anything form him that smacked of jusgementalism. I could be wrong and missed something so please correct me if I missed a post or two. Thanks.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Tattoos are the sign of irresponsible behavior. Fortunately, I'm old and happily married but if I were a young guy I would never marry or make a long term commitment to a young lady with tattoos.

That's reason enough for a gal to get one.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
who in the heck would do this to their kid??????????????

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................ [img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by renegade50; 12/03/12.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mark,

What you read and what I read may be the same, but never will we take the exact same meaning from it.

Lynn

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't believe they're sinful though I have never been able to imagine something I'd want permenantly affixed to my body, either.

My buddy believes they're a violation of the (Protestant) 2nd commandment's restrictions on images... IIRC he sees tats as a way people ignore our status as image bearers.

I haven't talked to him about it in a long tome but I think that sums it up. Of course this same guy would be the first to admit that he is a deeply sinful individual in very great need of grace, so he isn't self-righteous about it either.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Ummmmm.... what words would those be? Again I do not recall seeiing anything form him that smacked of jusgementalism. I could be wrong and missed something so please correct me if I missed a post or two. Thanks.

Nor I. Hypersensitivity, but not on his part.

Personally, I could care less what you have plastered upon yourself. As a matter of fact, I could care less what Barak (or anyone else for that matter) thinks of what I do or don't have plastered upon myself, and if I were thin skinned enough to care I doubt I'd last long around here.

I happen to find Barak to be the most objective & non-personal debater in this forum. He calls stuff as he sees it, supports his assertions, and never calls names or gets riled up. I wish I could say all of that about myself.

Bottom line.... You can disagree with what he says, and maybe even have your feelings hurt by the way he says it, but you gotta respect his objectivity in the face of this sort of non-sense.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It is when some otherwise beautiful palette is destroyed by a tramp stamp.

1Minute
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1lessdog, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,091
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.