Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,039 of 1,842 1 2 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Looks like you might have to raise the ceiling Dave. smile

Muzzle loader season ended in WI yesterday.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah, no room for an angel.

We might rig up a string for the angel so we can dangle her from the top like a bungee jumper or a mountain climber.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can we get a stick drawing of that please?

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'll just post a picher when it's done.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Then while visiting with a friend last night I made a trade, I gave him a stainless MKII target .22 for a stainless single six with .22 and .22 magnum cylinders. It matches my old frame vaquero .45 really nice.

[Linked Image]

Is that the Ruger .22 that has caused you to utter many profanities?

I love my Single Six. It's my favorite gun by a good margin and one of the last one's I'd let go of. You'll really like yours. I like the grips on it.

Last edited by tzone; 12/03/12.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

* disclaimer, usually I don't Intentionally shoot fawns, but the landowner I'm hunting for wants the does/fawns thinned out. so if it's brown and not wearing head gear it's down. I've seen several nice bucks, been really fun.

grin

Congrats on the hunt of the suicide deers. I've never even seen one with a smokepole in my mitts and you get two in 90 seconds. Nice work.

Can you shoot mulies or do you need a seperate tag?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stan, those S&W's are great. My bil has one as well. I'm in love with it but so is he and won't part with it. The triggers on the S&W's can't be matched on a revolver as far as I've been able to tell.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
LOL!!

"I don't always shoot fawns... But when I do, I call them small does."

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here are a few pics of my scouting expedition yesterday. It was great to be in the woods. There are a ton of deer where I was. Something about food being available...

Here's my favorite pic of the day. Heading down the logging road to a new spot I'm going to try next year opening day deer season. I really like this pic for some reason.
[Linked Image]

Grouse tracks from bird that ran in front of me on said logging road. I didn't have a big desire to chase him through the pines with a .22lr rifle.
[Linked Image]

Big Red Wagon at the turn-a-round.
[Linked Image]

Wider shot.
[Linked Image]

big woof hoof
[Linked Image]

Been awhile since I stumbled onto a pile of these but I did. I was smilin like heck at the bedding area.
[Linked Image]

Fresh specimens of both...also near beddig area.
[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/0062.jpg[/img]

Bedding area is right on the edge of the tall pine/ "buggy whip" popple edge.
[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/0092.jpg[/img]

The taller pines in the background is where the terrain starts to drop into the "beaver bog". The trees further back are the other side of the bog.
[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/0102.jpg[/img]

This is a hole on a beaver hut. No beaver tracks anywhere around, but they were there...the evidence was left in the destruction to a lot of the trees. For some reason in all the excitement of my new found area, I didn't snap a pic from the new stand site. I'll be surprised if I don't at least see a dandy from it.
[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/0072.jpg[/img]

I'll grab one in a few weeks when I go back to get the trail cam's. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the SD cards worked in them and nobody finds the cams.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
and... mandatory pic.Ruger 77/22 w sights (kinda rare) w/ Nikon 2-7x32 Prostaff
[Linked Image]

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nice!

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone

* disclaimer, usually I don't Intentionally shoot fawns, but the landowner I'm hunting for wants the does/fawns thinned out. so if it's brown and not wearing head gear it's down. I've seen several nice bucks, been really fun.

grin

Congrats on the hunt of the suicide deers. I've never even seen one with a smokepole in my mitts and you get two in 90 seconds. Nice work.

any antlerless is what the tag says, so whitetails, mulies it don't matter. I try to avoid the mulies, they don't taste as good

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
"Woof Hoof"

grin

Nice pics Tom

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

grin

any antlerless is what the tag says, so whitetails, mulies it don't matter. I try to avoid the mulies, they don't taste as good

I shot a mulie buck with my bow and brought all the meat into a processor and turned the whole thing into jerky. In one weekend my neice and nephew ate it all. Little stinkers!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks Rooster. There were some damn big woof tracks in there. As far as I could tell it was a pair. Male/feamale? I saw lots of woof tracks but it seemed to be from the same two.

I'm pretty excited about this area. It's a "walk in only" so no motorized vehicles. The human foot traffic ended at approximately 200 yards. That gave me a chuckle. It's not like I'm going on a big expedidtion but I walked in 1/4 mile on a very easy trail and it was devoid of human traffic....more smiling like heck.

The swamp area gave me three obvious tree stand/blind options without even digging in too much. I was on the north end of the logging road and all the stands were good for anything but a south wind.

I haven't even begun to dig on the south side of the cut yet. There are litteraly miles and miles to scout. I doubt I'll have it to myself but I don't think it will be crowded by any stretch either.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I shot a mulie buck with my bow and brought all the meat into a processor and turned the whole thing into jerky. In one weekend my neice and nephew ate it all. Little stinkers!

Two kids ate a whole deer??????????????

Big kids, with big belly aches I would imagine.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nive pics Tom. No snow left in our hunting area. 54* here this PM.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dont know if I mentioned this or not, but did you folks see the 2 monster bucks shot this year in MN? One was the kid from Sebeka and the other was in Todd County? The Todd County one was less than mile from my stand. I still tear up thinking about it.

So far this winter is stacking up to be good for wildlife. Keep your fingys crossed!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Two kids ate a whole deer??????????????

Big kids, with big belly aches I would imagine.

Pretty much! It was in my parents freezer because I lived in an apartment at the time. I had brought some back with me but pretty much all of it was still in the freezer at the folks. My neice and nephew got to grandma and grandpas on a friday and the neice called me on Sunday night and asked if I had any more of that yummy jerky that was in the freezer. I said "what do you mean WAS?! There should be A LOT in there!" She said "nope we ate it Unca Jim"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would be a little upset, even if it was Mule deer.

I never understood the fascination with them stinky yucky deer. sure they are bigger and the bucks grow bigger racks (when allowed to). but on a whole they are on the decline and are stupid as a whole.

with my job I get to see many out of state hunters come out after the "elusive" mulie. problem is they see a 140" class buck and think it's big so they shoot them. sure the rack looks nice (compared to their white tails) but its actually a small deer by mulie standards. ok maybe not "small" but it aint the bruiser they think when they shoot him. the problem lies when those bucks don't get the extra year or two to mature and get to a "trophy" level. I'm not a trophy hunter by any means, but I understand it, so I try to let young bucks pass that have potential for those who do. I get it, it's just not my cup of tea. ok rant off. sorry to get sidetracked. any of ya'lls want to come hunting either species out here just let me know, I have a few spots set aside just in case.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 1,039 of 1,842 1 2 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,384
Posts18,488,634
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.