Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
To me shooting something at crazy ranges with a $5000 + rig wind meter and rangefinder isn't hunting it's hail Mary shooting ....

To the ignorant, it is.

If you have learned how to use a scope as something other than a glorified iron sight, it isn't.

758 yards, one 140 A-Max in right side ribs and out front left shoulder bone

[Linked Image]

The A-Max was too much bullet. Will go Berger next time.

934 yards with the .243 WSSM, 70 gr Nosler BT

[Linked Image]

Just right...

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Waste of time and O2 showing evidence with know it alls except for a couple others who also has Berger blowups and were man enough to admit it. With Wild TV and the cult of Berger long range shooting I wonder how many animals will be hit and wander off to die a lingering death.To me shooting something at crazy ranges with a $5000 + rig wind meter and rangefinder isn't hunting it's hail Mary shooting ,best reserved for paper or braggarts.The only forum I've found with ruder people was Hunting net.com Now they have competition.

Then go away. You don't live next to or work with these "rude people".....

I'd say that these guys with all the good results can shoot better at 1000 yards than you can at 400......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ignore, just a troll....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Writing style looks familiar, has anyone done a Larry Root test?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
OP Offline
A
Tempting as it would be to paint all Americans with the same brush,I will not.Canadians have more class than that and so should a Christian if you happen to fall into that camp?Either way you are an ambassador,act like one. Generally you are a kind and generous people.I've always been treated well whenever I travel to the States.Unfortunately when one meets the brash ,rude and arrogant bullying variety it reinforces what the rest of the World thinks of you as a whole.Unfair but one never gets a second chance to make a first impression.If my ballistic findings don't match your's so what ,everyone is entitled to their opinion.I would have thought adults would have behaved better.You don't get a lot of new members here do you? Can't imagine why?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, there's quite a few new members here. They just don't whine as much as you.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They have worked well for me, I'm stickin with the VLD's.

Berger hole..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guessing that deer traveled mostly straight down.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tempting as it would be to paint all Americans with the same brush,I will not.Canadians have more class than that and so should a Christian if you happen to fall into that camp?Either way you are an ambassador,act like one. Generally you are a kind and generous people.I've always been treated well whenever I travel to the States.Unfortunately when one meets the brash ,rude and arrogant bullying variety it reinforces what the rest of the World thinks of you as a whole.Unfair but one never gets a second chance to make a first impression.If my ballistic findings don't match your's so what ,everyone is entitled to their opinion.I would have thought adults would have behaved better.You don't get a lot of new members here do you? Can't imagine why?
...............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah choooooooooooooo or aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah schitt. Whichever you prefer.

Then don`t use the Bergers. The rest of us including me who have and are using them, will continue to use them.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Berger whore..

Fixed it for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slg888
They have worked well for me, I'm stickin with the VLD's.

Berger hole..

[Linked Image]
Stoney looks like your scope got packed with snow... Don't you know swarovskis aren't tough enough for a Canadian hunt....

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Either way you are an ambassador,act like one. Generally you are a kind and generous people.I've always been treated well whenever I travel to the States.Unfortunately when one meets the brash ,rude and arrogant bullying variety it reinforces what the rest of the World thinks of you as a whole.Unfair but one never gets a second chance to make a first impression.

Oh my gosh, what was I thinking? You're right, I apologize. I shouldn't have called you Larry. Curly perhaps?? How about Moe?? No, it's definitely Larry.

Now GFY.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall

Mon. 12-3-12, # 3 this season, 1 just like it last year.

[Linked Image]

FIRST off, guys, I am NOT trying to dominate this thread, I promise.

This doe makes # 3 in 2012. She was 101 yds (lasered after shot) she disappeared from sight, rolling ground.

MOST deer cartridges & bullets can do this, if the shooter can. You can see there is PLENTY of damage w/o using a premium or target bullet.

Yep MOST deer cartridges & bullets can do this, if the shooter can.
[Linked Image]
#4 this year, today, 12-10-12

6.5X55, 140 Hornady Il. Instant drop and I hate to say it...
"eat right up to the hole" Yuck!

Almost an invisible entrance & exit thru hide.
[Linked Image]

But it's most assuredly dead!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i dont take pics of my entrance holes typically with the 130 TTSX because i cant find them in the hide...

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread is a very good read - lots of real experience, and not a lot of bullschit.

Especially liked MuleDeer's post and the great pics from Pat and John.

I was shooting so many groups in the .2's with the Bergers in several different calibers that I was set to load up a pile of them and then the first time I tried to use them on that Montana Muley I had a Berger explod-a-thon out of the 6.5 Weatherby. Pretty obvious now that 3410 MV is too fast on 100 yard shots!

And I forget who asked, but the 6.5 Weatherby is just a .257 necked up to .264 (I think you can also neck a .270 bee down). McWhorter makes quite a few of them. The 140 Partition shoots just as straight in that gun so I've switched to them. Haven't tested them on anything breathing yet.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I have yet to try Bergers in any big game calibre's,but I did give them a go with the .223 on coyote's. I was shooting the 52gr bullets,IIRC. Anyway,that experiment is over,as performance was dismal. The first one I shot at about 200 yards,hit the dirt and then got up and trotted off like nothing happened. I found him about 50 yards away,dead by then. I figured maybe it was a fluke,I've had very few runners with the usual 50gr Vmax loads I use,or the Sierra's I've been trying lately.

Anyway,I shot 5-6 more with the Bergers,and they just kept getting up and running away,sometimes for several hundred yards. Decided that this particular bullet just didn't work well for coyote's but would still like to try some of the bigger calibre's on deer.

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
I hunt a lot and guide too.

I use 140 gr VLD with my 7mm-08 and 168 gr VLD with my trusty 7mmRM... except at short range if you hit a big tough bone you can't find a better bullet.... I'm very fond on 160 gr Sierra SBT but nevertheless the VLD is second to none.

by the way, I saw many game shot with Nosler accubond and some other bonded from sheep to big Alaskan Moose and the performance is on the lower side....

I use 95 gr VLD in my 243W for varmint and the performance is amazing too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Try slowing dem VLDs down a little next time... laugh laugh laugh laugh

Nah, I just pulled them and inserted Nosler 140 Partitions in their place. Still sub .5MOA and problem solved! smile I sure like the way the Bergers shot, and I might give them a whirl again in a standard caliber.

Now that is smart!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

392 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 34 invisible), 1,828 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.