Print Thread
Hop To
M
mtmuley Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
A friend has a Jeep for sale at what I believe is a ridiculously low asking price. It is a 1967 Jeep CJ-5 with the factory installed Buick V-6 engine. I'll give the condition as fair, and it is a running and driving rig with a soft top. No rust I am aware of and the body isn't beat. I could get a pic, but I'd have to sneak over to his ex's house. Anybody know anything about these rigs? Thanks guys, mtmuley

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If it's at his ex's house, make sure it has a clear title.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just a warning, if it doesnt have doors your only option is soft doors unless you want to pay a very large amount....also if your looking for a Jeep like this i have a 77 CJ5 im looking to get rid of cause my knees have gotten bad enough i cant run a clutch....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
mtmuley Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I don't want to buy the thing. Just looking around for what may be a fair price. Unless 500 bucks is a screaming deal, then I might buy it. mtmuley

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gotcha.....if it doesnt have much for rust or whats there is surface rust and not cancer than $500 would be a screaming deal especially if it runs....hell at $500 i would buy it just cause i know i could double my money without trying here....possibly make even more....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW these short wheel base jeeps are a load of fun, it could wind up what you dont really want turns into a money pit cause its a load of fun.....around here since quad trails are non existent i would rather have an open topped jeep....put the windshield down and they are a great mobile shooting bench for gophers and prairie dogs grin thats why i originally bought mine and why im prolly gonna eventually get a CJ7 with an automatic transmission...

M
mtmuley Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Since he's out of state now and doesn't want to fool with the thing, I might make him a deal. I just don't want him to give it away if he doesn't have to. mtmuley

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I guess it depends on your intended use. I have a '54 CJ3B and a '60 CJ-5. Neither are pristine, but they are perfect for putting around the local logging roads. Parts are cheap and most everything I've ever needed is available at NAPA.

Unless you need major engine, transmission, or frame work you are not going to have to sink much money into it to keep it running. I'd make an offer if I were you, those old Jeeps are American history and they aren't making them like they used to.

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mtmuley
Since he's out of state now and doesn't want to fool with the thing, I might make him a deal. I just don't want him to give it away if he doesn't have to. mtmuley

where is it I'm in the root myself if you don't take it I might

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
M
mtmuley Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
WyoCowboy, If you are serious, I'll get it sorted out with my bud and let you have a look. mtmuley

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
my wife is putting the reins on, she know i won't ever re-sell it, but i will check with another bud of mine who might be interested it that's ok

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
W
W
Those are great Jeeps and I would want to take a look myself if it were anywhere near me. That engine always seemed more powerful than the V-8 models from the 70s and 80s. It is way stronger than my '54 model.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 66 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,475
Posts18,529,558
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.