Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,044 of 1,842 1 2 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I didn't realize you lived over there Jeff. I love Gull. I used to go to Craigun's as a kid and fished that lake a lot. No way I can afford to rent a cabin there now. I can't remember what the price was but it was $2k+ for a weekly rental when I checked in 2004.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No wind and 4 below right now. I wouldn't be surprised if it was froze over on the drive home tonight.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Updates rooster? We're hoping and praying for the best.

They moved Gene's surgery out to wednesday now. Yesterday he did move one arm just a little so that is a good sign! He is getting pretty fed up with lying motionless in the hospital. In fact he told his daughter the other day that when help arrived he assumed they were going to bring him back to the farm, not the hospital. I will keep the updates coming as we get them but so far it appears like our prayers are working!

Again thank you all!! Classy bunch on here for sure!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have fished the big Gull Lake ice tourney a few times. That is a sight to see. I remember in '98, the tourney was the day before the NFC Championship game between the Vikings and the Falcons. (It's still hard to think about that game frown )

The ESPN helicoptor flew over and filmed the 14,000 plus ice fisherman out on Gull Lake that day and they showed it on the pre-game show the next day. I tried to pick myself out on TV but everyone looked the same in camo and fuzzy hats! smile

Last edited by Rooster7; 12/10/12.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
I didn't realize you lived over there Jeff. I love Gull. I used to go to Craigun's as a kid and fished that lake a lot. No way I can afford to rent a cabin there now. I can't remember what the price was but it was $2k+ for a weekly rental when I checked in 2004.

Tzone - You would be better off renting a camper and staying in the campground. $2k a week for a cabin is ludicrous!

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Five inches of snow for us. I cranked up the Toro this morning and it fired right off. Blew out a large area in the back yard so the grandpuppy could do her thing when she comes over.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tom,

We've been in our house for almost 14 years now. Best move I ever made was getting out of the cities. I stay off Gull on the weekends. I tried fishing it once on 4th of July w/e, it was just stupid with all the people. Nothing like trying to jig a 'eye spot and have a power cruiser run past you at 50+!!

For the record, I can't afford to stay at Craguns or Maddens or Grand View or etc.. either.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Tzone - You would be better off renting a camper and staying in the campground. $2k a week for a cabin is ludicrous!

I know...That's why I didn't do it. smile We rent one in Hayward, WI now. I love the place and it's cheaper, kinda, but long story.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by j_elky

For the record, I can't afford to stay at Craguns or Maddens or Grand View or etc.. either.

We got priced out of there when I was young too. We moved to Breezy Point, on Pelecian, and the price of that got nuts too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northern_dave
We don't quite have enough snow to push around with the plow truck yet. I guess that's ok actually, because we want good ice on Lake of the woods. -21 degrees this morning, we're making ice now!

(Snow on the ice sheet insulates the ice, then the ice forms slower.)

23�F here this morning smile supposed to be 50�F by Wednesday crazy

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Knee mail sent for Uncle Gene. Too few people these days have a good sense of humor.

-10 this morning here. the snow was crunching on my way to the Y.

I think everyone on this here thread should send a doe to Dave. I think all of us could spare at least one, eh?

Hey, is it nice in Scottsdale AZ in January? Got a work trip there.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anybody here had the freakin Shingles ? I'm too young for this crap !

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Rooster,

My cousin and I fished that tourney as kids and he won a boat/motor/trailer combo by catching the 101st fish or something like that. It took about 45 seconds of fishing to have that fish number, it was nuts.

They wouldn't let us take the boat home because neither of us was 18. We were both 16. His parents had to come get it for him.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No, but i had a truck load of aluminum siding once. grin

Seriously, sorry man. That does not sound like any fun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mule1

I didnt get the chicken pox until I was 25.
I have never been sicker.I can only guess what shingles is like.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rooster,

My cousin and I fished that tourney as kids and he won a boat/motor/trailer combo by catching the 101st fish or something like that. It took about 45 seconds of fishing to have that fish number, it was nuts.

They wouldn't let us take the boat home because neither of us was 18. We were both 16. His parents had to come get it for him.

Do you ever think about what the fish are thinking when all of the sudden 10,000 hooks drop in front of them like a huge buffet restraunt.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rooster,Uncle Gene is in our thoughts and prayers.Please keep us posted.

mule1,my wife had shingles about ten years or so ago.After going thru that and seeing how it affected her I just hope I never get them.I feel for you,pardner.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No...Never thought of that. I'd like to see the view from an underwater camera when the whistle blows for the start.

Jeff( my cousin) litteraly fished for less than a minute before he caught the fish. I think it was a perch. It had to be longer than our ticket to be "legal" for entry. He RAN to the check station and it was long already. It was pretty cool. He had that boat/motor/trailer for a long time. 15 years I bet until he got a differnt one about 5 years ago because he has a pile of kids.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have actually thought about what the fish must think when all of a sudden there is more food in front of them then they know what to do with. grin

And I believe it was 45 seconds for the 101st fish to be caught. I can't remember the exact number that they announced was brought in in the first minute and a half last time I was there but it was well over a hundred. Maybe two hundred fish.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mule1

Sorry to hear that mule. There have been a lot of TV adds about shingles lately for some reason. It does not sound pleasant.

Page 1,044 of 1,842 1 2 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 58 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.