"Stuck with" being the operative words there. wink

I'm alright with it. grin

Sure beats rooting for the Habs or Bruins. <barf>

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Actually, years ago while I was in high school, I was forced into picking a favorite team, because well, everyone has to have one, so I found out who was in the basement and had been for years, and "picked" them so I wouldn't be accused of just picking the best team. Guys laughed at my selection and made fun of me for a while, and then . . . . . . . enter Bobby Orr. smile Now, I couldn't care less.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by the_shootist

Habs are punk assed whiners....B's are a blue collar team. I actually don't mind the Leafs....so pull it together FrankenCub!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by the_shootist

Habs are punk assed whiners....B's are a blue collar team. I actually don't mind the Leafs....so pull it together FrankenCub!

Here, here!! Not watching the Bruins is the only thing I miss about this season. They can shut it down for the rest of the year as far as i'm concerned so my local semi-pro club can keep the 4 NHL'ers currently on their roster.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have a maj. junior team here, so there is still some good hockey here to watch. I have ten seats on NYs eve ready to go.

The hard part will be finding ten friends. grin

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have a maj. junior team here, so there is still some good hockey here to watch. I have ten seats on NYs eve ready to go.

Ain't that the truth!!! wink

Steelhead

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Any of you play the sport when you were younger?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
RVB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hell, I'm only 41 and still play. Scored two goals last night as a matter of fact!

I think there was a scout in the crowd.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Ain't that the truth!!! wink

grin

Originally Posted by wabigoon

I can't even skate. Was born with rubber ankles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I played for the local AF base hockey team and was their capt for several years, I got tired of the late games (9-10pm) and finally said enough is enough. I quit playing at 51 but I still love the game.

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a Canucks fan,this might have been our last year with this group, age takes it's toll,it has been a very good team. I do miss listening to broadcasts while reloading. I could fellow the Heat,but that's the Calgary farm team.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
As I understand the issue.

The NHL owners have locked out the NHL players for accepting the outrageous salaries that the owners kept on offering them.

This had made the owners furious.

They are now insisting that something has to be done about this.

Did I miss anything? wink

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the last couple of lock outs the owners insisted that they needed a salary cap because they couldn't trust each other not to offer ever increasing higher salaries.

During the start of negotiations this time around the owners were still offering and signing increased salaries and extended lenght of contracts, now the owners don't want to honour those contracts they offered and signed during negotiations.

Why is it the owners keep going to jail, Ballard, McNall, Pockington?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of honest men is higher on the player's side of the equation than it is on the owner's side.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCBrian
I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of honest men is higher on the player's side of the equation than it is on the owner's side.

And what does that have to with the lockout? It ain't about honesty, it's about the almighty dollar, on both sides.

Steelhead

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Hockey isn't much more than a gladiatorial sport on skates. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And what does that have to with the lockout? It ain't about honesty, it's about the almighty dollar, on both sides.

C'mon...the players are Locked OUT not on strike.....the blame is solely upon the owners.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=CanuckShooter
C'mon...the players are Locked OUT not on strike.....the blame is solely upon the owners. [/quote]

From what I understand the players are demanding a portion of the profits!
Seems to me if your a (well) paid employee, I don't see what basis you have to demand a share of what your employer makes!

Again I point out, I saw no initiative from the players to pitch in $$$ to support teams that were failing!
Seems it would be an extremely good deal for them to only have the cash flowing one way.
Seems there's a parallel to how the CAW auto workers negotiate their contracts, take..take...take when the industries flourishing but refuse to give back when it's floundering! We all know how that worked out for them here in Canada!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The failing teams are only there because Bettman at the bidding of the owners wanted to grow the sport in the USA, every new team that joins the NHL puts lots of money in the existing owners pockets. There is a move to have even more teams. I would like to see the league reduced by about 10 teams, the ones that are failing would be a good start, the quality of hockey would improve greatly.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

C'mon...the players are Locked OUT not on strike.....the blame is solely upon the owners.

The NHLPA chose not to negotiate before the season, hence they are locked out. You could really say they have refused to negotiate up to this point. Anyone who thinks the NHLPA wanted the season to start on time just isn't paying attention.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

306 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 1,785 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,468
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.