Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hutch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Supposedly,someone that lives here that belongs to a Wisconsin group,Freedom from Religion,has filed a request to remove the Nativity scene from the courthouse square.I feel sorry him if they ever find out who it is.There is already comics in the newspaper about carpetbaggers.This is going to get comical!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
post results please

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't Mako25 from Wisconsin and working in Texas..?

grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's the same group of jackasses that were screwing with the cheerleaders in Kountze. Why can't those type of [bleep] just mind their own business? I hope they burn...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.....in hell.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

H
Hutch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I think something will burn if they find out who it is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm familiar with that outfit, as they've been pulling that chitt in their home state, also.
Dallas/Fort Worth based WFAA covered it online, and I like the quotes from Henderson County Commissioner Joe Hall:

"I'm an old country boy, you come to my house looking for a fight, you're going to get one. That's from the bottom of my heart."
There's no confusing how Hall feels. He says the county isn't budging.
"We'll remove it when hell freezes over," Hall said. "It's not going to happen."

Contrary to the libtard interpretation of the 1st Amendment, I agree with Ronaldus Magnus when he said that

�The First Amendment was not written to protect people and their laws from religious values. It was written to protect those values from government tyranny.�

Our Founding Fathers were aware of the power that the English royals had over not only their subjects, but also the Church of England. A situation to be avoided here.

Have an A1 Day!
H
Hutch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Our newly elected Judge said he was going to confer with Henderson County before he wrote his Official Response.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
During the Kountze deal, Attorney General Greg Abbott basically told the athiests to [bleep] off. Hope he does the same in this situation! What county is this?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone should sic those funeral protesting freaks from Kansas on these 'freedom from religion' wankers from Wisconsin.
Throw in a few disgruntled union thugs and some Texas border chingaso reconquista types and let a good old fashioned brawl ensue just for chits and giggles.

Then shoot the whole fuggin lot of 'em.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They keep talking smack, but don't show. Not here, anyway.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Big C
What county is this?

The United Obama Republic!
[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never ceases to amaze me. My senior year of high school it was announced that due to a complaint from a parent (yes, A parent- ONE) that there would no longer be a prayer from the pressbox over the loudspeaker before the football games. About 120 students from the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) and the entire football team walked to the pressbox before the game, knocked on the door & said we were gonna do it ourselves. With four 300# linemen in the lead the FCA president walked in, said the prayer & we returned to the locker room. That was quite a few years back & the school still refuses to allow it but at every home game the FCA officers go to the pressbox & do it themselves. Don't reckon the entire team has had to go back with them though..... It's a shame that it came to that but I'm still pretty proud that there are enough good 'ol boys around our county to still get it done.

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter
Contrary to the libtard interpretation of the 1st Amendment, I agree with Ronaldus Magnus when he said that

�The First Amendment was not written to protect people and their laws from religious values. It was written to protect those values from government tyranny.�

Our Founding Fathers were aware of the power that the English royals had over not only their subjects, but also the Church of England. A situation to be avoided here.

Not quite right. The purpose of the First Amendment was to protect States Rights. All the original States with exception of Rhode Island had state sponsored Christan religious sects. North of the Mason Dixon line the Anglican Church predominated. South of the Mason Dixon line the Presbyterian Church predominated. And everybody hated Catholics. Of course there were the Baptist, the Quakers, the Moravians, the Congregationalist, etc. What the States were concerned about is that if Congress and the Presidency were controlled by one party than it would be possible to establish a national religion and would eventually lead to religious warfare. After all, the States already had a monopoly on a a State sanctioned religion they sure as heck did not want the Feds encroaching on that monopoly.

The First amendment does not mean separation of church and state although that is what has come to mean.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The same group has hit Anchorage, AK this season. They have aetheists comments on the city buses here (people movers).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter

Not quite right. The purpose of the First Amendment was to protect States Rights. All the original States with exception of Rhode Island had state sponsored Christan religious sects. North of the Mason Dixon line the Anglican Church predominated. South of the Mason Dixon line the Presbyterian Church predominated. And everybody hated Catholics. Of course there were the Baptist, the Quakers, the Moravians, the Congregationalist, etc. What the States were concerned about is that if Congress and the Presidency were controlled by one party than it would be possible to establish a national religion and would eventually lead to religious warfare. After all, the States already had a monopoly on a a State sanctioned religion they sure as heck did not want the Feds encroaching on that monopoly.

The First amendment does not mean separation of church and state although that is what has come to mean.

Derby, That's not quite right, either. You're right about many of the states having had official "state" churches, but you got some details flipped around. The Anglican Church was strongest in the South, not the North, and was the official church of Virginia (and according to a Wikipedia article the official church of NC, SC, and GA, as well). In fact, people in Virginia had to pay taxes to support Anglican church activities, regardless of whether they were members of the Church of England. The Puritans ruled Massachusetts back in the 1700s, and they were definitely not tolerant of other denominations (Rhode Island was founded by Baptists who had been persecuted in Massachusetts).

When religion was being considered for the Bill of Rights, there was discussion about how many official churches to have for the country with the Puritans and Anglicans being the two most powerful groups. The number discussed was somewhere between two and four, as I understand. When some of the Founders talked to the Baptists about being one of the four official churches/denominations for the new country, the Baptists said they wanted to have freedom of religion, not to be one of the official national denominations. Thankfully, the Founders considered wise counsel with the result being the First Amendment as written, so that there were no official national denominations.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (1234, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,790 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,418
Posts18,528,245
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.