-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
By now I'm sure that everyone knows of the tragedy in CT today and our thoughts & prayers go out to the families of the students, teachers & staff involved. I ask that tonight as you lay your head for bed that we might all say a prayer for the police officers, firefighters & medics that have worked all day sorting through the aftermath of this tragedy. I've been with fire & rescue for 22 years & have worked some pretty bad calls in that time but I can not imagine the images that those men & women (mostly volunteers) will carry with them for the rest of their lives. May God bless them, steady their hands & minds & watch over their work.

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amen, brother!

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I already have and I will continue to. As a former FF/EMT I saw some horrific things but what happened today is outside of my ability to comprehend.

May God bless them all!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agree. Amen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yes

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Thank you for posting. Prayers for ALL in this senseless tragedy is about the only thing I can even think of ...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers sent.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Prayer sent - also a special prayer that none of the responders' relatives were victims!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are days when I really do believe the very Devil himself comes to town, today is one of those days,

God Bless these children, and all others involved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skullmonkey
By now I'm sure that everyone knows of the tragedy in CT today and our thoughts & prayers go out to the families of the students, teachers & staff involved. I ask that tonight as you lay your head for bed that we might all say a prayer for the police officers, firefighters & medics that have worked all day sorting through the aftermath of this tragedy. I've been with fire & rescue for 22 years & have worked some pretty bad calls in that time but I can not imagine the images that those men & women (mostly volunteers) will carry with them for the rest of their lives. May God bless them, steady their hands & minds & watch over their work.

There are many many fine wonderful people among us. I don't know what the answer is. Would giving up our guns be the answer? Sometimes I wonder. I am old now and I didn't get here by accident. As old as I am, I never, never, entertained the thought of actually killing another human in anger. Let alone kill a child. I would gladly give up my guns if the killing would stop. Any rational person knows that is not the answer.

I will say this though. The NEXT time I hear someone complain about how much money we pay our teachers I will personally stuff a 70 year old fist down their throat. God bless every teacher, fireman, and policeman in our country.

Pray for peace.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I cannot imagine the horror. There are 20 innocent children that are the same age as my 2 boys laying lifeless in that school tonight that will not be coming home tonight. There are 20 Christmas trees with presents under them that will go unopened.

They are all in a better place tonight. God hold them and keep them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
skullmonkey,

Would not have thought of this myself, but should have.

My prayers will be with and for them for some time.

Thanks for the insight.

Steve

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Prayer sent - also a special prayer that none of the responders' relatives were victims!

Mark

Has been a steady thought in my mind....

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My dad was a career LEO and confided in me that there were things he saw in the line of duty especially regarding children that were very hard for him to handle mentally but nothing like this horror. I can't imagine the hell that not only the parents are going through but also the police and rescue personnel. I really can't imagine anything much worse. I have three children and found myself almost breaking down today when I heard this on the radio and I can't even begin to imagine the grief the responders are dealing with. Little children being murdered like this just boggles the mind.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Been thinking about them all day...Ive been in on a couple real messes...but nothing like this....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
on board with prayer for all those effected

up to and including everyone of us that have kids and can't imagine the horror of getting that type of news.

may God have mercy and compassion for those poor families.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yes, the tsunami of devastation is always wider that we realize.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes, of course!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leo before retiring,been through a lot, but can not imagine the horror of this. Prayers sent.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (10Glocks, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 405winash, 9 invisible), 948 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,411
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.