Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This one has a much better ending thankfully.

Alabama Crime, Alabama Hospital Shooting, Birmingham Hospital Shooting, Hospital Shooting Alabama, St Vincent's Hospital Shooting, St Vincent's Shooting, Crime News

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Authorities in Alabama say a man opened fire in a hospital, wounding an officer and two employees before he was fatally shot by police.

Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams says the officer and employees suffered injuries that are not considered life-threatening.

Williams says police were called because a man with a gun was walking through St. Vincent's Hospital on Saturday morning. When he was confronted by officers, he started shooting and wounded one of the officers. That's when the second officer shot and killed the man.

Detectives are still working to determine why the armed man was in the hospital.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
More guns less crime.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Works in Switzerland.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KCBighorn

Alabama Crime, Alabama Hospital Shooting, Birmingham Hospital Shooting, Hospital Shooting Alabama, St Vincent's Hospital Shooting, St Vincent's Shooting, Crime News

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Authorities in Alabama say a man opened fire in a hospital, wounding an officer and two employees before he was fatally shot by police.

Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams says the officer and employees suffered injuries that are not considered life-threatening.

Williams says police were called because a man with a gun was walking through St. Vincent's Hospital on Saturday morning. When he was confronted by officers, he started shooting and wounded one of the officers. That's when the second officer shot and killed the man.

Detectives are still working to determine why the armed man was in the hospital.
He was there, perhaps, because his CIA handler/psychiatrist dialed his phone number and uttered "The cow jumped over the moon," or some such, and triggered his programmed response.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

He was there, perhaps, because his CIA handler/psychiatrist dialed his phone number and uttered "The cow jumped over the moon," or some such, and triggered his programmed response.

Or the information isn't available yet...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More people carrying makes it safer. People think twice if they know they will die. That is why they seek a gun free area to shoot people.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When the honest man is armed the criminal suffers.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

crazy

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bea175

Yep!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bea175
Absolutely.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I believe the code is, "Rosebud".

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Mom did volunteer work at St Vincents for years. She lived just down the street.
Glad she is now out with my Sister, and away from that part of town.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DayPacker
More people carrying makes it safer. People think twice if they know they will die. That is why they seek a gun free area to shoot people.

The more areas that are declared "gun-free zones," the more victim disarmament areas we will have and the more these tragic mass shootings will happen. I do not believe declaring any place a gun-free zone, where compliance is voluntary (no metal detectors, etc.), has ever stopped a single crime.

Our rulers will now propose more gun legislation, which essentially will be more of the same failed laws.

Here are two proposals:
(1.) Let's pass a law where every community must have a certain percentage of people carrying concealed. Maybe 20% will work. I say that will stop most of these tragedies, along with armed robberies and other assorted crimes.

Or...
(2.) If O'bama wants to borrow us to oblivion, he'll probably propose borrowing enough money to protect our children by equipping every school with new security features and hiring teams of federal armed guards for every school.

#2 will fail simply because those bent on mass killings of children will go to the local soccer match, little league baseball games, Sunday school picnics, theaters, Oktoberfests, and any other place where innocent, unsuspecting victims gather.

I guess I'm in a pretty discouraged mood today, but the way people rush to microphones and talk about this issue without knowing the simplest things about guns gives me exactly zero confidence that our rulers can solve this problem, and and lots of confidence they will make the problem worse.

One pretty talking head kept saying yesterday "the shooter had a 9 millimeter and a Glock, and a point-two-two-three. What's a point-two-two-three?" I guess she thought she knew what both a 9mm and a Glock were. Unfortunately, there is no will for the talking heads and the lawmakers to learn what they're talking about.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There it is!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The question to ponder is the objective of politicians. We know that self-defense is a natural right. We know that carrying (bearing arms) is a Second Amendment right. We know that John Lott was right on the money.

We can assume that politicians know all of this as well, either that or they're stupid. But we can eliminate the stupid option. They didn't get in position to disarm us by being stupid. So what is politicians' true intent? It's confiscation. All they need is an ostensible mechanism to effectuate their ulterior motive.

She's got it wired:

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76

crazy

.....he'll get worse as the weekend wears on.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

You know, I have a friend who wears his foil hat religiously, and he used to spout off his belief that MKUltra Mind Control, which the CIA orchestrated back in the 60's apparently, was behind the rash of most school shootings since Columbine, in a clandestine attempt to disarm Americans through bleeding hearts and sympathy.. We used to pick on him endlessly.. Each shooting since the Gifford event, I notice I am not the only one picking on him less frequently.. Say what you will, but honestly, if you start to look at all of these lone nuts, they are many, MANY parallels between them all.. I'm starting to broaden my mind these days.. in fact, I think I'm heading over to the store to pick up some foil. whistle

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by J23

You know, I have a friend who wears his foil hat religiously, and he used to spout off his belief that MKUltra Mind Control, which the CIA orchestrated back in the 60's apparently, was behind the rash of most school shootings since Columbine, in a clandestine attempt to disarm Americans through bleeding hearts and sympathy.. We used to pick on him endlessly.. Each shooting since the Gifford event, I notice I am not the only one picking on him less frequently.. Say what you will, but honestly, if you start to look at all of these lone nuts, they are many, MANY parallels between them all.. I'm starting to broaden my mind these days.. in fact, I think I'm heading over to the store to pick up some foil. whistle
I recommend the heavy duty variety.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I believe that and you believe but many think our tin foil hats are to tight. I even think that violent video games are per-programed to turn nice kids into Zombie killers. My tin foil hat is squarely on.

Seriously, I don't think these mass killings are a coincident. Something is triggering them and it isn't copy cat action either. Whenever some piece of legislation stalls in Congress dealing with guns suddenly mass killings to the fore front. Nope, I think the government has a hand in these mass killings somehow. I just can't find the trail.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 58 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,929
Posts18,518,914
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.