S
I know it will not bother me any.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Savage American Classic is lookin' better all the time...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Heck, I won't even pack one with BACO on the barrel. But I've probably got enough to not have to worry much about that anyway.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think that there is something deeper going on. My guess is that people aren't buying as many of the FN Model 70 Super grades and Cabelas specials. These have much more qc than regular plain jane sporters. Have you folks seen very many of the extreme weather Model 70 Sporters(blued not stainless) that sold for around 6 benjamins?
Nope.....They sold quickly.

People are willing to buy the bottom models but are not springing for the high grades. FNH has been experimenting. I have seen Model 70 Ftw high grades with better wood and they aren't going.
Notice the Jack O'Connor tributes for sale on gb or gunsamerica. There were about 400 made and there are about 10-15 presently for sale. Languishing...

FN/Browning just realized that people don't want a 9 lb wood stocked rifle(Alaskan) and looked at that as a possible solution.

This was the case with some of the ideas behind NH production. Yesterday, I ran into a NH production stealth in 223wssm that was still on the new gun shelf. Not alot of demand for it in North Pole, Alaska.

The Obama stuff has to figure in as well.

I have been happy with my BACOs but I had to take them to the local gunsmith to fix the triggers. They have been accurate.
We will see on my JOC tribute when I get it freed from layaway but that is going to happen after I buy 30 more AR type magpul 30 round clips. Some stuff you have to buy before the nutjobs make more laws.

Sincerely,
Thomas

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Glad I'm a Ruger fan!

I currently own one Winchester, the only one I've ever owned. It's a Pre 64 220Swift.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
After learning of this news, I might try a Winchester again. In Canada we respect our neighbours to the south, but their industrial products, not so much.

My experience with USA made hunting firearms has been so disappointing that I have bought nothing but European manufactured guns for a few years now. I got rid of my last Remington a couple weeks ago. good riddance.

Guns made in the USA have been sold to the "lowest bidder" for so long that quality has been completely sacrificed to the low price. I will willingly pay more for quality, but after buying my last half dozen Remington and Winchester and Marlin firearms and having to "tweak" or "tune" or otherwise make do with crap I'm done with them. I have never had a Merkel, Sauer, Krieghoff, CZ, Sako or other European gun need any sort of customizing to make it fully functional.

Maybe its time for the American consumer to realize what the lowest possible price is doing to their products and to their industries?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Glad I'm a Ruger fan!

I currently own one Winchester, the only one I've ever owned. It's a Pre 64 220Swift.

grin cool

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by castnblast
After learning of this news, I might try a Winchester again. In Canada we respect our neighbours to the south, but their industrial products, not so much.

My experience with USA made hunting firearms has been so disappointing that I have bought nothing but European manufactured guns for a few years now. I got rid of my last Remington a couple weeks ago. good riddance.

Guns made in the USA have been sold to the "lowest bidder" for so long that quality has been completely sacrificed to the low price. I will willingly pay more for quality, but after buying my last half dozen Remington and Winchester and Marlin firearms and having to "tweak" or "tune" or otherwise make do with crap I'm done with them. I have never had a Merkel, Sauer, Krieghoff, CZ, Sako or other European gun need any sort of customizing to make it fully functional.

The last CZ that I saw at the range was shooting about a 5" group.

Maybe its time for the American consumer to realize what the lowest possible price is doing to their products and to their industries?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH
They haven't made a real M70 since 1964 so whats the difference?

page 1, 4th post...

Fuggin nailed it. end of discussion

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by castnblast

Spot on. We produce an unbelievable amount of shidt that folks call "good",and sell it to a population reared on ever declining quality.Can't blame the consumer necessarily because if you are raised on crap you will think crap is "good".

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I sure hope Winchester doesn't stop making their 25" tubed, 9 pound 30/06 Alaskan rifle. Can't think of a better rifle for tromping around Alaska than an over 10 pound, all up, 30/06...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I sure hope Winchester doesn't stop making their 25" tubed, 9 pound 30/06 Alaskan rifle. Can't think of a better rifle for tromping around Alaska than an over 10 pound, all up, 30/06...

Poifect! grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH
They haven't made a real M70 since 1964 so whats the difference?

Alot of truth to that after I got this rifle...

[Linked Image]

I see what the others were talking about.

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I didn't believe your post, so I went to their FB page. I found the exact statement you posted.

Sad indeed. It's truly amazing that a part can be made here, shipped there, assembled and shipped back cheaper than it can be assembled here. Sounds like a QC nightmare using slave shop Portuguese labor.

Bad, bad move.

They have been assembling BAR's and shotguns in Portugal for a long time. I have not heard of any problems connecting with said product so I don't know where you get the QC nightmare from. I don't like the idea that they are being made outside the USA but FN is an international company and can do whatever the phug they want.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Since when did the South Carolina FN plant become Union?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If those Portugese fellows can manage to make a few with the bolt handles over on the other side I will gladly hold my nose in disgust as I buy a couple or three.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So now we will have

pre-64's
post-64's
Classics
Bacos

Who would have thought?

My best guess is dwindling profits and Obamacare pushed them off the edge.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, maybe I missed the post, but is there a link to the announcement? I looked around on Facebook and couldn't find anything, not even an official Winchester (guns) page, just one for Winchester ammo. I'd hate to think we allcwent nutzo for nothing! (And I still want to get a .22-250 Featherweight, as a .250 Savage project).

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"The gun will still be made in the USA only now just assembled in Portugal."

Silly me. Here and I thought assembly was PART of making a gun.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
So now we will have

pre-64's
post-64's
Classics
Bacos

Who would have thought?

And now Port Bacos.

Awesome.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (21, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 204guy, 51 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,549
Posts18,531,457
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.