Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
you know the answer Scott. Nothing.

There is no political capital to be made tilting at that windmill.
Indeed.

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
An E.O banning evil ought to put an end to it all.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ammonium Nitrate is MUCH harder to get post OK city....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know what the answer is,....don't even think there is one.

But I know this. The government will make the decisions about what action to take, and the people won't have chit to say about it.

If you want to get worked up over something,...there it is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And our employee based health care does not cover this in many cases.

49 states and the D of C require mental health coverage provisions in health insurance contracts.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Read it yourself and then you can report to me what it says. Later.

I have read it several times. It says that you're wrong and you should should step back and learn before shouting, screaming and acting like a pre-teen that ran out of Clearasil.

You're welcome for the Cliff notes. wink

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
There you go Ace. I don't even need to formulate a reply just point at who you're partnered up with.

More like you can't form a reply....at least not an intelligent one. To do so would require reason, thought and information that goes against your emotional, knee-jerk world view. I have no problem with Brent agreeing with me...in fact it's more telling about you that your initial reaction to Penguins post was nothing but vile and idiotic bullsh.it. The same thing Penguin was warning us against.

Congrats?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're showing pictures of the children who were murdered on FOX today. It's very sad. frown

Like Will said ... "This is a game changer."

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
An average of 5 children die a day in the country from neglect/abuse, we'll be past the 20 that died in school on Friday come tomorrow.

5 times 365 is a bunch, what is being done about that?

You are absolutely right and nothing is being done. One major problem with situations like Friday is that as soon as the shooting is over, the media takes over and that is akin to gasoline on a fire.

As a society we can't or won't fix the specific problems you mention above so by definition, nothing REALLY will get done to prevent the next school from being targeted.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This is going to be a very hard problem to say the least. Do I think taking guns away would do anything to solve the problem, absolutely not. Do I think the 2nd should stand, absolutely. However, I do feel the anti's will jump on this full force and the OPs sentiment that the 2nd will not stand on traditional arguments has merit. It may not be the 2nd that takes the hit directly, it may be ammo, it may be private sales, or some combination, but our ability to own and use guns for our peaceful purposes will be challenged. I don't have an answer, at least not one that will stand up to the coming onslaught.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I haven't read this entire string but have read enough to get the drift. I must say I agree with Penquin. This event was the tipping point and it happened at a confluence of events that make it near certain there will be draconian restrictions if not a complete ban on all semi-auto firearms.

Oh there will be a great deal of wailing, bitching, moaning and screaming but in the end the politicians and then the SCOTUS will bow to the popular will and our treasured "Gun Rights" will (mostly) be history.

This might be a very good time to sell your semi-autos. Better that than have to walk them down to the nearest collection station and get pennies on the dollar, if that.

I'll go out on a limb and say within two years the sale of semi-autos (except .22 rimfires) will be banned and within three years possession will be controlled much like full-autos are now if not completely banned.

Did you notice Smith and Wesson stock fell 5% today?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You and Brent together...something so right about that.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
make it near certain there will be draconian restrictions if not a complete ban on all semi-auto firearms.
===============

laffin'!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Penguin

I believe real men work to solve problems. Real men hold things together when those around them succombe to emotion and lambast anything and everything that is opposed to them.

Yeah, but that's not what you are doing. You are doing exactly what you claim to be denouncing.

This is a really simple problem to solve. And we don't need to round up every kid who is a little different.

All we need to do is eliminate "Sitting Duck Zones". And we don't even have to increase our costs to do it. No mall cops, just (get this, you are definitely going to be opposed to this) allow the teachers to take personal responsibility.

Personal Responsibility
- it's the one thing you Statists hate so much, but the lack of which is always at the root of your policy failures.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Israel , has armed guards on every corner, citizen awareness at a very high level but bombs are still going off. How much freedom are you willing to give up to try and prevent these violent acts. They can't be prevented, only freedom will be lost. The left does not like the constitution and this is a attack on it. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RISJR
make it near certain there will be draconian restrictions if not a complete ban on all semi-auto firearms.
===============

laffin'!

I hope I'm wrong but you can BYSA I am not "laffin".

I stand by my prediction.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We are probably the most open country in world.

Because of our openness, it could be argued that we are constantly at war with a lot of folks that live within our borders. I not talking just about illegals, but repeat criminals, traitors, gang members, crazy people who refuse to take medication, drug addicts, maybe some liberals, etc.

The problem is that everytime a shooting like this occurs, people start talking about limiting 2A rights. They don't view it as an attack against us by one of our enemies. I wish we viewed violence more like the Israeli's.

I believe that most of this problem could be solved by increasing security in schools, not by limited our rights to protect ourselves.

With the number of guns in circulation, there is no possible way that a gun can be kept out of "enemy" hands, if they really want one. So we need to move the conversation away from new gun laws. These arguements don't address the problem and they never will. NJ has some of the most insane gun laws in the country...written by people who don't know anything about guns.

If the problem that we want to fix is school shootings, shouldn't the solution be more school security. The Israelis have addressed school shootings just as effective as they have airline security...hire armed guards, control access to the building, arm a few faculty members, etc.

Why is it that our rights have to come under fire everytime our enemies from within attack us?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Read it yourself and then you can report to me what it says. Later.

I have read it several times. It says that you're wrong and you should should step back and learn before shouting, screaming and acting like a pre-teen that ran out of Clearasil.

You're welcome for the Cliff notes. wink

Aces,

I read it, and am all too familiar with the unpredictable behavior of the mentally ill. The Sheriff's Departments are responsible for carrying out orders of/from the courts. In the case of someone like Michael, it would have been an Order of Protective Custody (OPC). I transported between 75 and 100 severely mentally ill people to state run facilities in the early to mid '80s; both violent and non-violent offenders. They can, and do, go off in a fit of rage with absolutely no warning. I'll never forget one particular little girl I had an OPC on. In the end, it took 3, large, very strong grown men to get her into the back of my patrol car, but not before she got 3 large mouthfuls of the weather-stripping on the car frame before we could get her into the backseat and restrained. She weighed 80 lbs.

With that said, I agree with Ethan for the most part. I did nothing to cause the death of those children in Newton, nor were any of my firearms used. Congress needs to take a good hard look at refunding the identification and commitment of the violent mentally ill, not use Newton as an excuse to further what they've wanted all along - total disarmament of Americans who are not either military or law enforcement.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Magnum---I know what you're saying, I too transported many mentally ill to the hospital although in the back of an Aid car/Medic unit vs. a patrol car. Many of the folks I transported were well know to us as they were frequent flyers. We'd generally have to restrain them to the gurney. The fact they were frequent flyers is a big part of the problem. Many needed long term care and the mechanism for such wasn't/isn't in place.

I agree with you that congress should look at the bigger issue rather then gun control. Like Penguin said though, should likely won't be an option this time around. In fact when has a politician done what should be done instead of what's easily done and garners votes?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Penguin I always enjoy your posts but as much as I'd like to disagree with you on this on I just can't.

To the average person the Bill of Rights is something they were forced to read about sometime in the distant past. They do not know the history or the frame of mind that brought it about.

Personal liberty means only that they get to choose what fast food they are going to eat tonight.

All they see are 5yr olds that have been killed and they do not see the 2A as a protection from even worse atrocities. Instead they will believe the 2A is something that allows whack jobs to kill children if Obama and the MSM say so.

The SCOTUS is just as bad. Heller was 5-4! Four didn't believe the 2A was an indivdual right. They've admitted to looking at internation law and foreign law to determine making decisions for Americans in the past and not our Constitution.

The Constitution means less everyday in America. Obama, Holder and the crew have repeatedly pizzed on the rule of law.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
..... Once you go down the road of "finding solutions" it means that you accept partial responsibility for these and every other murder across the country. I didn't have anything to do with any murder and my weapons didn't either. [bleep] the liberals and any politician that wants to appease them or join them. The 2nd Amendment is quite clear. .....

BS! I got a solution:

Stop forcing teachers to work in these "Gun Free Zones"
And restore their right to choose to protect themselves and their students instead of having to act as human shields!!!

Last edited by RaySendero; 12/17/12.

Ray
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

257 members (5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,058
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.