Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
the reason the founding fathers put the whole gun clause in the constitution is because they recognised you have a threat from your own government and gave us a right to bear arms so we have the balls to stand up to a P.O.S.dictator that brainwashed the sheep into giving in...the constitution has already been bypassed in the previous 4 years...whats to stop it now ? wake up ! these things you see happening in the middle east wont happen here because we are america ??? Fools who voted democrat especially after seeing the first four years... now my name is on a list.....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Scott F
Remember Kennedy proposed Saturday Night Special ban. When you read the fine print you would find no US manufacture made any handgun that did not qualify.

We'll worth noting and remembering, but it will be lost in the chaos.

There has never been a time when I felt that our freedoms were in greater jeopardy, both from the left and right, as the result of a single tragic but essentially random event.

It underscores both the fragility of life and liberty.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by elkivory
the reason the founding fathers put the whole gun clause in the constitution is because they recognised you have a threat from your own government and gave us a right to bear arms so we have the balls to stand up to a P.O.S.dictator that brainwashed the sheep into giving in...the constitution has already been bypassed in the previous 4 years...whats to stop it now ? wake up ! these things you see happening in the middle east wont happen here because we are america ??? Fools who voted democrat especially after seeing the first four years... now my name is on a list.....

Yep!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Obama sends his army out to confiscate all our guns or to enslave us, how are we to fight back against their arms without so much as an AR-15? Before you post, please remember the 2nd Amendment is there to protect us from all enemies, foreign and domestic, and to protect ourselves from the potential tyranny of our own government.

The AR must be kept legal to abide by the spirit of the 2nd Amendment and to give us a fighting chance.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I may not have thought much of Bill Clinton as man or as our President, but he was spot on when he said "I never saw an AK-47 in a duck blind".

Thats because you shoot ducks with shotguns not rifles dip schit! If your gonna use a qoute use one that means something.3

Originally Posted by gunswizard
I may not have thought much of Bill Clinton as man or as our President

Ohhh you lie.......you'd kneel down right beside Monica and Wrestle her for the next turn.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
�Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.�

Thomas Jefferson: Quoting Cesare Beccaria

Last edited by 99guy; 12/18/12.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
+1 boltman. I feel it will be the black rifle that will alter our 2nd. Amendment rights, and I also do not want to see them taken, But there is a place for them and a place not for them.

SEMPER FI.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The place for the 'black rifle'is in the hands of an armed citizenry.....

If you think not, you will ultimately die at the hands of those with black rifles...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W.T.F. ingwe- Making threats with the BLACK RIFLE now.
As to be read either way. "Thank you" Just what the gun lobbyist want to see at this time.

SEMPER FI.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think I'll paint my next black rifle tan.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Woodmaster750
As to be read either way. "Thank you" Just what the gun lobbyist want to see at this time.

I smell a troll

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
No not tan ( RED, WHITE, AND BLUE )....

SEMPER FI.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Phil99

In the year ahead, the shooting community is going to have to thrash this issue out. Are we in the hunting and shooting community willing to unquestioningly support black guns even if that will mean a backlash against the rest of us who have zero interest in their use? I don't know the answer.

Rod

I know the answer, you're a [bleep] traitorous [bleep]. When the EBT cards flash zero, hopefully some hooded up bro will blow your worthless head off with his AK. Be sure and tell him about your pre-64 model 70, right before he kills your azz

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by boltman
...from non-military, non-law enforcement hands anyway. Now, I'm not saying banned. I wouldn't support a ban, confiscation, etc. I'm just saying if they (magically) disappeared, I think we would be better off. I've been around guns over half a century and they have been my main hobby all these years. Let me add, I've had many debates with liberals over the years about, "assault" weapons, logically pointing out the folly of seeing these weapons as more deadly/dangerous because they are painted black, have a plastic stock, etc.

I've shown many my Remington M08 .35 semi-auto circa 1906 and pointed out the main difference between this rifle and the typical "assault" type rifle is that it is not painted black, the .35 is a much more powerful and deadly cartridge than the .223 and my rifle is less likely to jam. True it holds less than most .223's but again, a rifle that jams is not to be coveted.

Again, I don't want to see them banned as of course, it is just one step closer to all of our guns going away. However, I don't like the culture that steadily builds around these weapons. I don't like seeing young people drawn to these weapons vs. hunting weapons. When I was a young boy and teenager in school, my friends and classmates had three topics: cars, guns and the fairer sex. We brought gun catalogs in school and passed them around. If the teacher caught us with one, he would confiscate it but only so he could read it and then would give it back.

The only black rifle that was around back then was the AR-15. I recall the sporting goods store I frequented would often have one on hand (probably the same one - they weren't a good seller). I would pick it up and shoulder it and it was a conversation topic with my friends. The bottom line was even though it had some appeal to all of us, none of us wanted one bad enough to save up for it.

For the past many years I have heard my gun show friends sputter a lot about these rifles. A common comment: "all the young guys seem to be after is those damn black rifles." I was at a bookstore yesterday and it seems the majority of the gun magazines focus on new, "assault" style weapons. This also includes the shotguns such as the Kel-tec bullpup that hold about 14 rounds and now a Sig that holds 16 shells (four tubes that rotate) and can be emptied in less than seven seconds. These are not designed for sporting purposes such as hunting, shooting clay pigeons, target practice.... These weapons have one main purpose - to kill others. And, I don't minimize the need to be prepared to defend oneself. If forced to defend myself, I would use a gun but an "assault" weapon wouldn't be my first choice.

I've existed side by side with "assault type" weapons. For most of that time my attitude had been more neutral. Basically, I don't ask that you like the guns I like; don't ask me to be excited about the guns you like. Again, to summarize, my main issue is the culture that is escalating around them. I would call it a culture of fear that I don't see as healthy. I am feeling more troubled when I see young teenage boys drooling over assault weapons.

So, I don't want to see anyone's black rifles and shotguns taken away, but if they just magically vanished I don't think we as a society would be worse off. I'm showing my age of course, but I would just like to go back to the time when no one had much interest in them.

Let me just close the last zipper on my flame suit....

Another fool.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I hope you die a painful death on your knees.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd like to see one disappear right up your turd launcher. Schittheal.

Black Olives Matter!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
boltman is right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Phckin' idiot. He's talking about a tyranical govt coming to kill with their black rifles because we will no long have parity of force.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Phckin' idiot. He's talking about a tyranical govt coming to kill with their black rifles because we will no long have parity of force.

Have any of you ever been in an area when a riot breaks out???

Remember Nazi Germany??? how many children died at their hands??? It wasn't so long ago that we had the serbs & bosnians bangin each other...What about the fast turn of events in the middle east??? Greece??? If you guys think it can't happen here, you're delusional...what's gonna happen if if our economy crashes??? those who fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
how come canadians don't do this sh..??

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,592
Posts18,492,149
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.