Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
man what a great weekend with 2 great guys. I headed out east fri night to knoxville to hunt with Rick (model 70 man) and Andy (kimberman). We went out to some place called double dogs the had great food and cold beer..... no busch though ... not a real high class place.

Got up sat morn hit the boat ramp at 0 dark 30. 24 degrees on a 20 foot stratos with a 200 hp motor is freaking cold.

after light rick busted a small doe and made a new friend in the woods had some guy come in on him (public land) but helped him drag to the boat... real nice fella

then about 8 30 i saw a lil buck heading down a side of a mountian toward me. I was tore up mainly cause I borrowed rick's t/c with 20 inch bbl 460 S&W mag... it is just bad to the bone. factory ammo 200 gn bullet like 2800 fps and the rifle looks and handles like a toy. he got nervous headed back up the hill bang mule kick and he was off to the races. Let just say the shot was pretty wild but that is a story for another day lets just say i duplicated PMC's New Mexico antelope shot perfect. Last but not least Andy tooked his 358 win in and saw nothing except for the 2x a huge 10 point that showed him just how a deer can disappear in a second.

Sat eve headed back to same place, Ric had to go to Christmas wing ding, Andy saw zip and I saw like 9 or 10 minature deer running the side of mt everest but there was no shot.

Sat eve Andy's wife made one heck of a dinner ham, taters green beans and rolls, it was awesome. I wore proper dinner attire as well a nice Remington deer shirt. I tried to teach his son to say remington, i really want him to have a chance to grow up right as his father can not make a commitment as he owns kimbers ruger sako and mdl 70's.

Sun morn back to the same place Rick saw two does but was tagged out so he just watched. Andy saw zip again. I had a lil button come in about 9:30 and the 7/08 layed the smack down.

sun eve me and rick headed to hunt knox co but after an hour we got rained out. great weekend with great friends the deer were just a bonus. Also I set a personal best of killing deer in 8 different counties in a single season surpassing 7 in 2007

3 pointer
vortex viper 2-7x32
loudon co
75 yd shot
t/c encore 460 S&W
factory ammo hndy 200gn 2800 fps

button
loudon co
55 yd shoot
rem 700 cdl sf 7/08
zeiss 3.5-10x40
160 accubon imr4064 2590 fps

Rick's doe
loudon co
winchester m70 left handed 270
zeiss ( the real expensive one)
130 sierra game king ....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you shot that little buck up the ass?

"If you have to ask you can't afford it" ETN10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[bleep]! That is a dinky, young buck! I'm trying to understand why you're so proud of that. Pittiful!

Kelly
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats! I really need to travel to a place with more deer...

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jtown

naw

i hit a low at back of ribs all of the insides fell out field dressing was easy.

Originally Posted by KMS
[bleep]! That is a dinky, young buck! I'm trying to understand why you're so proud of that. Pittiful!
i am tickled with ever deer i choose to kill from small ones, does to the monsters on my wall ..... hell last year i had a 181 net archery kill and then went an shot a 5 pt just like this one above. It all good hunting is supposed to be fun

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted by DEER_ASSASSIN

naw

i hit a low at back of ribs all of the insides fell out field dressing was easy.

Originally Posted by KMS
i am tickled with ever deer i choose to kill from small ones, does to the monsters on my wall ..... hell last year i had a 181 net archery kill and then went an shot a 5 pt just like this one above. It all good hunting is supposed to be fun

I think you are a pitiful piece of [bleep] GFY

In a van down by the water
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by FartSniffer

naw

Originally Posted by KMS

I think you are a pitiful piece of [bleep] GFY

and i really care why?

yet you are the one that made the comment about my 15 year old step daughter that she shot good on paper but she would miss her first deer.... hell of a person you are making that statement about a young girl trying to hunt well i hope you saw her shot placement

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Congrats, there are more than one theory on herd management. That buck needed to be culled from the herd in my opinion. Legal deer, sounds like they are getting eaten, don't see the problem.

CK
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Congrats, there are more than one theory on herd management. That buck needed to be culled from the herd in my opinion. Legal deer, sounds like they are getting eaten, don't see the problem.

In your opinion, why does that young buck need to be culled. Is there something peculiar you're able to see from your keyboard? A diseased appearance or just a small rack?

just asking

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
slumlord,

If you would like to hear my opinion, please PM me. I knew someone would ask and I will not engage in a public he said/she said argument. As I stated, that was my opinion that the buck carried characteristics that I would cull on our property. The biggest problem is that it is not considered a "legal buck" unless taken during the "youth portion" of deer season here in MO.

CK
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer

In your opinion, why does that young buck need to be culled. Is there something peculiar you're able to see from your keyboard? A diseased appearance or just a small rack?

just asking

stovepipe want to hear something funny

dude at boat ramp said it was a 3 year old ... we all had a good laugh

just a east tn public land deer 1.5 yo all the "age" in the world wouldnt help this fella

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
true

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

naw

Originally Posted by KMS

Oh ok I thought maybe you gave him the lethal enema treatment. Well merry Christmas Lade.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it" ETN10
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
In Texas alot of counties have horn restrictions. To be legal in those counties a buck has to have an inside spread of 13" or greater, or an unbranched antler on one side. The biologist here for the most part agree that a spike will usually not amount to much horn wise so they are legal game in all counties.

Three pointers like this guy get shot here.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Congrats on the deer.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
cool
way to go champ
nice kill
sweet
attaboy
you da man
and 10,000 other corny congrats..............................

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Miss. State did a study on 1.5 year old spikes and proved that you can't tell by their first rack what they will at 2.5. proved the old theory once a spike always a spike was wrong. one deer biologist compared a bunch of 8 year old boys, you cannot tell for certain which boys will be the biggest. deer and people all develope at different speeds. seen a few trophy spikes in over 35 years of deer hunting, over 1.5 year old. i just don't believe you can tell a cull deer at 1.5 and would sure not shoot a button buck. some people give deer hunters a bad name, to wrapped up in numbers. when i started deer hunting on public land you were lucky to see a buck and does were not legal.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
cool
way to go champ
nice kill
sweet
attaboy
you da man
and 10,000 other corny congrats..............................
my God man, you need to get laid

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
How much do these does weigh? I ask cause they look so small. You are a big guy or them is small deer. Are they small cause there are too many??

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 222ND, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,111
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.