Hop To
#7224824 12/24/12
C
ChuckJ Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
It really sucks that everybody that has anything for an ar or semi automatic weapon thinks it is like gold now well it's still made from the same aluminum or composit so quit trying to rip everybody off.

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

-Henry Ford
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey! If the knuckleheads would stop paying the retarded prices, the market would come back down to reality again.

Last edited by theduke308; 12/24/12.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If you don't like the price, don't buy it. How hard is that?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have no dog in this hunt. Certainly not going to pay a premium for an AR, but must admit watching the prices with a smile.

Hopefully this will prove a quick spike that subsides. That said, pre-ban class III sears are little more than $0.11 nuggets of steal, not even heavy enough to hurt someone on if you hit them in the forehead with it, but they go for how many thousands of $$$$ today and rising.

I have an extra Colt 6920 Socom NIB the box I took in trade on another deal. Did it reluctantly as I rarely shoot my other one, but figured what the hey. Have thought about putting it up on GB for auction with starting price of $100 and see what happens. Not trying to take advantage of anyone, but wouldn't sell my gold at 2007 prices either.

I see two sides to this situation I guess. There's a big difference in trying to sell a gallon of water at a 20x markup to someone about to drop from thirst and asking a premium for a black gun because we fear we will soon lose our right to or that prices will continue to increase. I would sooner give up a black rifle before most my single actions or bolt guns. The whole reason I toyed with selling the Socom is it would go a long way towards a GAP rifle or quality glass.

Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
It really sucks that everybody that has anything for an ar or semi automatic weapon thinks it is like gold now well it's still made from the same aluminum or composit so quit trying to rip everybody off.

No different than selling your house in 2007, or dumping your stocks when the dow was near 15000. The only reason half these idiots are buying these rifles and mags at these prices is because they think they will increase in value further.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by theduke308
Hey! If the knuckleheads would stop paying the retarded prices, the market would come back down to reality again.

Bingo....

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think it's a much needed boost to the firearms industry and if it sparks interest in guns and shooting that's a bonus. If someone has guns, parts or ammo that they are willing to sell in this firearms "bubble", why not. I hope it is a temporary market otherwise something really bad is happening to firearm owners.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not sure what the big draw to AR' s is. Zombies, gov take over,or what? But I would feel much safer sitting on my mountain top in WV with one of my high quality bolt guns while some out of shape yahoo is clanking around in his tact vest trying to carry 500 rounds. Have fun with your ar's while I settle the crosshairs on your forehead. Just saying.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Chuck, Notice your occupation is "Beefer". I am really pissed at the high price of beef these days. I wish your entire industry would get a grip and start dropping beef prices to levels where poor folks could buy some.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Les,
Just because we own an AR doen't mean we don't have a bolt gun or two also. I've seen AR-10s and 15s shoot to 1000 yards with excellent results... how far does your pet bolt gun cartridge stay super-sonic?
Wayne

Aim low boys, they're ridin Shetlands!
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Really ever watch most yahoos shoot their AR's? They would be much better served with a 12gauge and #4 buck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wayne. I agree AR's are very accurate in the hands of some. But go hit the range and see how many actually take the time to aquire a decent sight picture before the next trigger jerk. My pet bolt gun is running 1400 fps with around 800 fpe at a 1000. And my 243 is running over 1500 at a grand with 95gr. VLD's. I ran a AR for several years in 3 gun and hunting and I will admit that they are fun but not my first choice.
You can't hit what you can't see is my motto. Stealth and consealment is the key.
And for those worried about gov take over. They have a lot better arms than I do so my goal would be getting my hands on what there using. Like a M4 with a ACOG or NV compatable optics, 3 round burst, and steel core ammo and a can.

It's cool to watch Rambo grab a M60 and take out a whole Viet Cong army without getting a scratch. But in reality your dead. I'm the type that would prefer to sit back on my mountain and only engage those that are a threat.

Guess I'm lucky. Dad was a teacher in many ways. I know what I can eat, I know where to find water, and I know when to keep my mouth shut and my finger off the trigger. And if cornered in my house its the 12ga with #4 buck all the way. End results, I still die but I take a few with me.

Not trying to start a fight, just think its funny.

Last edited by Les7603006; 12/25/12. Reason: Added

Want To Buy;
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
C
ChuckJ Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
no need to get personal 30338 i didnt cause the drought that made farmers raise corn and feed prices that caused the cattle prices to go up so i couldnt make a profit. if you cant afford a steak maybe you can go to Mcdonalds. Merry Christmas

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

-Henry Ford
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chuck, out here in MN it's more profitable to sell the corn than it is to use it for feed than food for livestock so a lot of locals only raise what they need. Are you seeing the same thing?

Want To Buy;
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
C
ChuckJ Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Yes , right now corn prices are high because of methanol and the drought. Now there is a cattle shortage because rancher can't afford to replenish their herds because of feed prices.

-Henry Ford
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chuck, So if corn is scarce and the price goes way up, the poor farmers can benefit by getting much higher prices for corn or things that rely on corn products. That is okay since it puts a little extra jingle in your pocket. Not your fault right?

But if market conditions drive the price of semi autos up, then anyone who benefits in your book is a crook. Fuggin hypocrites are out in force. And last time I checked, the farm bills, drought aid and farm assistance packages don't really stand the test of rugged capitalism. Party on comrade.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had a co-worker ask me if I had any stripped lowers/uppers or 223/5.56 ammo. I told him yes, 10 matched Aero Precision sequentially numbered sets and 13 cases of Winchester USA 55gr FMJ.

His brother in law and friends that shoot 3 gun wanted it all. I didn't offer it for sale, I was asked, $500 a case on the ammo and $500 each on the sets, paid in $100 bills. I also sold 3 ARs and a Mini-14 for way more than they were worth.

A fool and their money will soon part.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Les,
That sounds like a good plan... You may be one of the few that survive.
Living in the east, I probably won't. Way too much cover on the ridges.
Take care my friend,
Wayne

Aim low boys, they're ridin Shetlands!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Yes , right now corn prices are high because of methanol and the drought. Now there is a cattle shortage because rancher can't afford to replenish their herds because of feed prices.

That would be Ethanol, not Methanol.

Tony.

I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,235
Posts18,504,442
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.