Print Thread
Hop To
C
cra1948 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm having no luck finding one. Can anyone help? I refuse to buy a so-called "Stanley" (now made in China like everything else. I will just go without if I can't find a US made one, coffee in the field is really not that important to me (especially duck hunting in waders.)

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you insist on buying only equipment which is entirely made in the USA, you are going to live a life of deprivation. I am certainly not saying it is wrong to try, I do too, but I would not renounce to use a product if I could not find a home made one.

If your require 100 % local products, you will be able to eat and drink - although you will have a restricted choice - and that is about it.

I am not sure I understand that fixation on US made thermos bottles.

Last edited by deersmeller; 12/23/12. Reason: Edited for clarification.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sparked my intrest on this,I have 2 thermos'1 being about 25 yrs old,the other maybe 10.the first one will keep coffee hot thru out the work day or on stand All day,the other maybe 2-3 hrs.the first Stanley/Aladdin made right here in the good ole USof A,YEP the 2nd one China,the better one says MFD by Alladin Industries,Nashville Tenn.not sure if they're still there but maybe a Googlee search will help,maybe even Ebay or something to find an old one,mine is scratched and dented,but works great daily.have only replaced the stopper,You really do "get what you pay for "

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Just get one from Ebay.

I just used my grandpa's old Thermos bottle yesterday in zero degree weather. It is probably something like 40+ years old. It come the tea hot the entire day--too hot to drink so I had to set it out on the truck to cool off for awhile.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I commend you on trying to keep with the US made goods. I strive to do the same and will often do without an item strictly because of it's origin. The old Stanley is a fine example of a once great product.
Might I suggest fleebay but be prepared for some sticker shock. Good luck in your search.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

IC B2

C
cra1948 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Thanks for the responses. Deersmeller, I buy Chinese made stuff when I have to, but I try to avoid it. I don't think most people realize how much stuff is still made in the US. My "fixation" on a US made thermos bottle is too much bad luck with the Chinese stuff. It's also something that fall in the category of "nice to have but I can do without." It will be one less distraction in the tree stand or duck blind.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Last edited by 12344mag; 12/25/12.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Last year, I tried to buy a SIGG thermos bottle on line, thinking that European-made would be preferable to Chinese-made.

Everywhere I looked, I read "out of stock."

An email to the SIGG company got me a reply saying they had closed out all their lines, but soon would be proudly marketing new thermos bottles - all made in China. I passed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
USA made large Thermos, new - $36

Click Here

Last edited by walt501; 12/26/12.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by walt501
USA made large Thermos, new - $36

Click Here

I'm not so sure that this Thermos is made in the U.S. The link is to a website that has a collection of bottles with patriotic labels attached. However, it does not specifically say elsewhere that the Thermos is manufactured in the U.S.

I checked Thermos' website for a description of their 34 oz. insulated bottle, and I could not find where it says that it is manufactured in the U.S.

I found other websites selling a 34 oz. Thermos insulated bottle, and they are listed as being made in Malaysia. I have a few Thermos brand bottles at home, and none are made in the U.S.

I believe that Cafe Press website might be deceptive. The "Made in the USA" label might just be a patriotic decoration in their "America Drinkware" line of products, but I could be wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
have to go to yardsales if you want the good Made in USA stuff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use Thermos element 5 for few years now, best thermos I ever had.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The modern wonder, the Thermos. How do it know?

My Stanley/Aladdin looks to be '95 manufacture? Has an A 95 above logo and part #A-944DH, made in Nashville, TN. Keeps coffee hot till the next morning.

Check yard sales?

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can bet that if a company's web site does not emphasize that their product is made in the USA, then more likely than not it is foreign made. For example, on the "Best gun safes for the dollar" thread, someone posted a link to Amsec safes, "an American company for 60 years." The closest they come to claiming to "manufacture" safes in the "U.S.A." is this statement:

"We produce over 60,000 safes each year and we take protecting our customers� assets very seriously. That�s how we got to be the largest security safe manufacturer in the world, and that�s why you can�t buy a better gun safe than an American Security safe."

"Producing" and "manufacturing" are the key words. This is a sneaking company at best, trying to cash in on their American sounding name, while manufacturing their safes outside of the U.S.A. with foreign workers. If this is not the case, perhaps someone with more knowledge of this company can correct me.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

687 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 71 invisible), 3,291 guests, and 1,400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,483
Posts18,471,815
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.