Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have been watching like you some really interesting reactions to the panic buying going on.I really apreciate a few of the local shops that had stock and didnt stop selling to raise prices Insite in Midland Williams Gun site Flint and Dick Williams in Saginaw. I am sure there are plenty more but these I know
but those of us who bought items when there were blue skys and no storms brewing because we like the stuff or thought maybe it would be wise to have why show we invest tie up our money, space etc than sell it to someone without a bump?
OK i see some super crazy prices but again if some one wants to pay it well....

For those who think I am wrong please sell me some of the good stock you bought at par please.....

Whats the difference?
I really am not selling anything its just some thoughts
Hank

Maybe the had better investment value than those special edition NASCAR plates

Last edited by boatboy; 12/25/12.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Between me & one of my best friends, we'll be covered for quite a while. Even if we keep shooting at our current rate, we'll easily outlast this current administration...prolly the next.
Hell I have one can of powder that's going on twenty years old.
Damn... eek I just looked & only have about 8K primers...might be touch & go there...

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
i bet if you dig deeper you will find out the wholesalers had a big part of raising prices also. Which in turn higher retail.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So long as no one is forcing you to pay any price you don't like, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking advantage of sudden increased demand to make a much larger profit than usual. You wouldn't complain if there was a sudden glut on some product you wanted, causing the price to plummet, would you? That's the other side of the same coin, only working to your advantage in that case. Remember factory-new Russian SKS rifles for $100.00 a pop? They were only that inexpensive because of a sudden glut. Prior to that, lots of folks paid a good bit more for the rare Russian SKS that appeared on the US market.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I will trade 1 20 round PMAG for a nice Kimber Montana in 223. grin

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those who couldn't read sign and didn't prepare, so sad too bad. For those that have jacked up prices, if you find a sucker willing to pay those prices, good on you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i do not think it will last ,i'm seeing some stuff coming down already

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It ain't price gouging , it's just a price spike.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't have much that I would sell, but I would like a nice profit if I could get it. I usually buy high and sell low. My thoughts are, the people that bought earlier at a good price are entitled to a profit regardless of what it is.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
For those who couldn't read sign and didn't prepare, so sad too bad. For those that have jacked up prices, if you find a sucker willing to pay those prices, good on you.

Spot on.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Personally, any store or online retailer that jacked up prices lost all of my business. I was good to go and this sudden buy up of everything is just annoying.

I'm more annoyed that all bulk ammo is MIA. I can't replace what I have shot up for training. Its going to affect my training this year if it keeps up.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No kidding! I may have to shoot revolver so I don't lose brass. Full moon clips are handy as hell.

What does it mean when the primers fall out of the case?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know a local shop that jacked up the price of pmc case ammo over $100 in a few hours. A friend was in the store when they had it listed for $400 a case, and within 1 hour they had sold 33 cases of it and jacked the price up to $500.

I got a case of the same ammo from another local store for $349.99. Guess who has my business?

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Price gouging is attached to more than a fixation on a market gone wild.

Take the Pharmaceutical industry for example. When there are drugs that are necessary to keep people alive and there is less than 1 cent in materials in the make-up of a prescription drug that costs an individual several dollars and the need for that drug is on a continual basis or a life may be lost... that is price gouging.

When AR-15 demand went sky high due to a perceived need to get one before they are all gone, is simply supply and demand. There is no real urgency for each individual that wants an AR to have them compared to the life saving aspects of some prescription drugs.

All the people that worry about how much an AR-15 costs now compared to a month ago may be upset about it, but if you want to complain about price gouging, look somewhere else...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Take the Pharmaceutical industry for example. When there are drugs that are necessary to keep people alive and there is less than 1 cent in materials in the make-up of a prescription drug that costs an individual several dollars and the need for that drug is on a continual basis or a life may be lost... that is price gouging.

You forgot the need of the phamaceutical industry to pay off lawsuits because one person out of 100,000 has a reaction that they have been previously warned about.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MichiganScott

You forgot the need of the phamaceutical industry to pay off lawsuits because one person out of 100,000 has a reaction that they have been previously warned about.

And to pay the R&D costs, and the costs of being approved by the government. The actual cost of materials is almost inconsequential with many drugs when looking to price at an amount that allows you to make a profit withing the small window of time allowed by the patent, after which everyone else who doesn't have any of the true "costs" of the med can just mix it up with the cheap ingredients and sell it too.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Between me & one of my best friends, we'll be covered for quite a while. Even if we keep shooting at our current rate, we'll easily outlast this current administration...prolly the next.
Hell I have one can of powder that's going on twenty years old.
Damn... eek I just looked & only have about 8K primers...might be touch & go there...

8K primers wouldn't last half a season of shooting for us.

Thats where it sucks some. Glad I don't shoot anymore much or I'd have to hold probably close to 50K primers in reserve to feel safe.

Haven't reloaded for 357 in 20 years, now the wife bought her one and all of a sudden I have to start... sucks to have everyone mostly out of stock and I didn't see the 357 coming until a few weeks ago when she got the itch...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MichiganScott

You forgot the need of the pharmaceutical industry to pay off lawsuits because one person out of 100,000 has a reaction that they have been previously warned about.

So what you are saying is that the pharmaceutical industry isn't making tons of money for drugs they produce and sell after they pay all their overhead. Every industry has liability costs that are built into their business model, but this is one business that is doing very well at the hands of people that have no other option.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Price gouging does not exist. Period. Stuff costs what the market will bear, no more, no less. There is always a choice to buy something or not, even with medication. yes, the choices suck sometimes, but they are still there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Price gouging does not exist. Period. Stuff costs what the market will bear, no more, no less. There is always a choice to buy something or not, even with medication. yes, the choices suck sometimes, but they are still there.
+1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 10gaugemag, akrange, 12 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.