Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Toolelk
Concerning your statement on the last session - I suppose you were also there. I rather suspect you get your news from Montana Wildlife Federation. This is more of your Wildlife Federation propaganda - just as your post concerning Tester's bill.

Toolelk - I know your comment was pointed at Buzz, but I will add my insight from the experience of being there at the last legislative session.

I don't get my information from MWF. I get it from the legislative website, by downloading and reading the bills, then going to Helena way too often to testify in the House and Senate FWP/F&G committees. I get it from meeting and swapping emails with legislators.

The last legislative session was an assault on hunters/anglers/access. The two decisions of the Commission last week only serve to make this upcoming session even worse than the last one.

And no, that is not MWF propaganda. No, I did not vote for I-161. No, I don't belong to MWF.

Yes, I am fed up with the onslaught the fringe elements of the Republican party seem to put on hunters/anglers/access every two years. I hate to have to call it that way, as I am a very conservative person, but that is how it has been for the last four or five sessions. Too bad.

A quick look at who the majority leadership appointed to chair and serve on the FWP/F&G committees, shows what is in store. Why they stack those committees with people so polarizing on hunting/fishing/access issues is beyond me. In doing so, it is hard to believe that they view those issues as anything other than political bait. The people they stacked on those Committees this session are some of the furthest fringe on these issues.

And then, as if the road ahead did not difficult enough, the Commission does dumb stuff like they did last week to make the far fringe of the legislature even more keen on hammering hunters/anglers/access. Regardless of the upcoming session issues, stupid Commission decisions such as these do nothing to help the process.

Gonna be ugly. No other way to put it.

Last edited by BigFin; 12/16/12.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Randy, heard you briefly on NPR's "to The Point" last week... obviously heavily edited, but at least good job trying to get "our" point across.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Hey Randy, heard you briefly on NPR's "to The Point" last week... obviously heavily edited, but at least good job trying to get "our" point across.

Yeah, heavily edited. But, you expect as much when you deal with national media. So, I load them with as much as I can to explain the importance of these wolf hunts. Obviously they will pick those of my points they want, in whatever context they want.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Big Fin - yes, the "lectures" from Buzz are right out of MWF's playbook. I was also there and admit to complete frustration - same with the commission meetings. I think Ingwe has it right. Throw in the groups that claim to welcome all sportsmens' groups (I was at that one too) for a salient discussion of the issues and the field becomes way too narrow. Time to get all the players in one room - no agendas, no logos, no political affiliation. I know....more unicorn dreams.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigFin

Yeah, heavily edited. But, you expect as much when you deal with national media. So, I load them with as much as I can to explain the importance of these wolf hunts. Obviously they will pick those of my points they want, in whatever context they want.

I understand.

The "bias" in the national media (any media really) shows not so much in what is reported, but what is left on the editing room floor so to speak.

Still, despite the hosts obvious lack of understanding about hunting, wolves, the West, etc., the show did a passing job trying to present all sides, more than can be said for most.

Regardless, good job representing our interests in a reasonable manner.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Regardless, good job representing our interests in a reasonable manner.

Yes, along with Brad, thank you Randy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
FWP will typically take "public comments" because they are required to do so by law. That the comments carry any weight in their decision making process is a joke.

I'm sorry to say I believe you're right.

I know he's right. At the same meeting the commission debated and voted on buying at ranch on the Mild River. Sportsman had testified that this needed a month long comment period as there were concerns on the price and who was footing the bill. It was found out later that the commission already had their minds made up and it was approved by a 4-1 vote with Moody the nay. So nothing testified there meant squat to this commission.

More info here: http://www.montanasportsmenalliance.com/news-and-clips/

FWP LAND RANKING FOR 2012

Heritage Act

Another article on the Milk River Ranch purchase

MSA Letter to FWP Commissioners

Milk River Ranch Purchase

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 4100fps
FWP will typically take "public comments" because they are required to do so by law. That the comments carry any weight in their decision making process is a joke.

I know he's right. At the same meeting the commission debated and voted on buying at ranch on the Mild River. Sportsman had testified that this needed a month long comment period as there were concerns on the price and who was footing the bill. It was found out later that the commission already had their minds made up and it was approved by a 4-1 vote with Moody the nay. So nothing testified there meant squat to this commission.

Heritage Act

That particular item just makes me want to puke. [bleep] bullschit of the highest order.

MAGA
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by 4100fps

Heritage Act

That particular item just makes me want to puke. [bleep] bullschit of the highest order.

Was down visiting last month-talked to a friend in Big Sandy who said the whole state's getting bought up. What are these purchases and is access being shut down?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
kroo88, the purchases I was referencing are being bought by the State FW&P's with money raised by the sales of sportsman licenses.

The problem with this purchase was it was ranked 15Th on a list of 1 to 15 with 1 being the most important.

I'm in favor of land purchases for us to hunt, and fish on. We just need the best bang for our buck.

Indeed Montana is being bought by the rich and famous. It's really important to get what we can for sportsman.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kroo88

Was down visiting last month-talked to a friend in Big Sandy who said the whole state's getting bought up. What are these purchases and is access being shut down?

Basically the state bought ground that will ideally provide more hunting access for the public. Which is a good thing right?

Except they waaaayyy overpaid, and the ground isn't worth much as a recreational area to begin with. The whole deal was back door, and smells very bad. I live in the area, and can't tell you one local resident who has a good thing to say about it. [bleep] the sellers and [bleep] the buyers.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I live in the area, and can't tell you one local resident who has a good thing to say about it. [bleep] the sellers and [bleep] the buyers.

Hey, that sounds just like the APF buyout over this direction!

grin

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I own a cutover 40 that butts-up against the Spotted Dog WMA. Through the course of past 18 months, I have had to deal with access, buffalo relocation, trespass, surveying, encroachment and fence re-location issues. From firsthand experience, I can assure you that having Fish, Wildlife and Parks as your new neighbor can be a pain in the ass. CP.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hope it gets better for you Chris, that sounds like a pain.

I don't own any land but see first hand the constant headache it creates.

Good neigbbors help a great deal.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah Toolelk, I heard that on the radio this morning.

Bunch of pissed off 'neighbors'.

There are even going to be closures over around here because of the ongoing bullchit.

I talked to a guy that has bunch of land enrolled in BM and he is pulling out next year. He said I could still go hunt but does not want to associate with FWP in any way.
That's mostly over the buff but the land buying isn't helping relations.

And to be clear there aren't any hard feelings with the local FWP staff/wardens. The message is being sent to the ones pulling the strings.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
FWP has got the bullchit 'thank you' ads playing on the radio.

PR move, I wonder why?

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
2 relocated Jellystone wolves shot on the north side of Cypress Hills Sask this week. Who do i send the collars to. LOL.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Same S H i T happening up here. Land that can only run 4 pairs per quarter has gone form 35K TO 100K in the last 2 years. This is the same land that guys lost their arses on at 70k ,30 years ago. China??

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
$10 million to run 400 head.

You'd go broke in a hurry.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 67 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,537
Posts18,491,415
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.