Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always print my own labels

In my instance that I stated above I should have put priority mail tape around my package.

My postman that people doing the sorting are just mainly looking for the red/white/blue labels that go along with priority mail boxes and that more than likely my package got shoved aside with the parcel post.

Personally I don't know why anyone would ship a rifle parcel post for the 2-3 bucks it saves?

Life is just one damned thing after another
HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know some don't like ups but I have only ever had one with a problem and that was a Wi to Fl shipment that took 11 days. At least I could see it go from here to Fla and then back to Chicago and then back to FL.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Had good and bad with the USPS. Recent deal took over 3 weeks for MO to arrive. Time of year!

I've had good success with USPS shipping long guns. Fed Ex and UPS, not so much.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
It arrived today! Whew! ...and still showed as being in Dallas on the delivery confirmation "tracking".

...on earth as it is in Texas.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by TXpitdog
Parcel post, which with Christmas and weather doesn't really surprise me. Just the fact that it indicated the 24th and no update since then is what has me concerned. Thanks for the insights.
There you go. Parcel Post sometimes gets to the destination as quickly as Priority Mail, but a lot of times -- especially during high volume times of the year -- it DOESN'T. I've had several Parcel Post items show up right at the 10-business day limit, including one package that came from less than 200 miles away from me.

You have insurance, relax for a little while.

And for everyone else who keeps referring to the USPS' "tracking system:" IT'S DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. IT CONFIRMS DELIVERY, IT DOESN'T TRACK ANYTHING.
If you use Express mail it does show you where you package is and what day it is there.

Express Mail�
Delivered
December 10, 2012, 10:01 am
JAMESTOWN, ND 58401
Guaranteed By:
December 10, 2012, 3:00 PM

Proof of Delivery

Out for Delivery
December 10, 2012, 8:18 am
JAMESTOWN, ND 58401

Sorting Complete
December 10, 2012, 8:08 am
JAMESTOWN, ND 58401

Arrival at Post Office
December 10, 2012, 3:04 am
JAMESTOWN, ND 58401

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
December 09, 2012, 10:44 pm
FARGO, ND 58102

Depart USPS Sort Facility
December 08, 2012
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
December 08, 2012, 7:05 pm
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203

Dispatched to Sort Facility
December 08, 2012, 5:27 pm

Acceptance
December 08, 2012, 10:19 am

Last edited by stumpman; 12/30/12.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stumpman
Parcel post, which with Christmas and weather doesn't really surprise me. Just the fact that it indicated the 24th and no update since then is what has me concerned. Thanks for the insights.
There you go. Parcel Post sometimes gets to the destination as quickly as Priority Mail, but a lot of times -- especially during high volume times of the year -- it DOESN'T. I've had several Parcel Post items show up right at the 10-business day limit, including one package that came from less than 200 miles away from me.

And for everyone else who keeps referring to the USPS' "tracking system:" IT'S DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. IT CONFIRMS DELIVERY, IT DOESN'T TRACK ANYTHING.
If you use Express mail it does show you where you package is and what day it is there.
I'm not sure if you're "in" to reading, but if you were, you'd have understood that WE'RE NOT DISCUSSING EXPRESS MAIL.

I couldn't give a damn what Express Mail offers in the way of services, hell, it's not even available in all ZIP codes.

For EVERY OTHER FORM OF U.S. MAIL, DELIVERY CONFIRMATION IS JUST THAT -- CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I'm not sure if you're "in" to reading, but if you were, you'd have understood that WE'RE NOT DISCUSSING EXPRESS MAIL.

I couldn't give a damn what Express Mail offers in the way of services, hell, it's not even available in all ZIP codes.

For EVERY OTHER FORM OF U.S. MAIL, DELIVERY CONFIRMATION IS JUST THAT -- CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY.
Actually I'm not into reading pages of BS that has been posted here lately. One could spend a week just reading garbage if they read all of it. I replied to the page I quoted with you saying it doesn't tell you anything except confirmation....I figured you couold have read enough to see that. I really don't care what you give a damn about when it comes to Express Mail and what they offer in the way of services.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Actually I'm not into reading pages of BS that has been posted here lately. One could spend a week just reading garbage if they read all of it. I replied to the page I quoted with you saying it doesn't tell you anything except confirmation....I figured you couold have read enough to see that. I really don't care what you give a damn about when it comes to Express Mail and what they offer in the way of services.
And most everyone else who've participated in this discussion, vice the one you're imagining, figured you could have read enough to see we weren't discussing Express Mail. Obviously too much was placed on your abilities.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I propose that you tear into one another for another 24-30 hrs then let it go and start the new year as best buddies mmmmkay? I mean after all, we survived the Mayan calendar and still have to deal with ol' [bleep] and the Senate for the next 4yrs. Let's all be buddies and keep the shiznit as an understood thing, ya dig?

...on earth as it is in Texas.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by cliff444
I know some don't like ups but I have only ever had one with a problem and that was a Wi to Fl shipment that took 11 days. At least I could see it go from here to Fla and then back to Chicago and then back to FL.
I've had nothing BUT problems with UPS and firearms..

Oh, the box will get there on time but usually in the shape of a taco.. Then just TRY to get their laughable 'insurance' to pay for it.. You'd have better success melting a glacier with a new Zippo..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad it showed up, I know the feeling.

I don't ship/receive a ton of firearms, but get a LOT of stuff in at the store through various shipping companies.

I've had UPS break on Remington XP-100, but it was boxed poorly and it was -38 below (yes -38) on the morning it arrived. Bitter cold, poor box and plastic don't mix well.

Really no complaints though from Fed-Ex or UPS here at the store I manage. Our UPS guy is great, Fed-Ex guy is almost as helpful.

I personally will never ship anything over a 100.00 with USPS without doing Express just so I know that it's being tracked.

Life is just one damned thing after another
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The USPS problem as I see it is: there are only a few employees left that were hired under civil service guide lines, and most ( but surely not all) just do not care if school keeps or not! Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,562
Posts18,491,797
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.