Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johntree
What kind of remington barrel are you looking for ??

A Remington 700 mountain stainless or model 7 stainless in 708 or even 308.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The way I see it, it is no different that answering an advertisement and asking questions. You can ask questions all day, but if someone else says I will take it, you have lost it. Common courtesy is to say that "I am dealing with someone, if he backs out, your up". But it doesnt have to be that way. The most fundemental rule on the forum is that the first "I'll take it" is the owner, wether in PM or Public.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
well said. A man's word used to be worth something, but you need to give a man time to respond, too. We live in a fast paced world but there is no need to get rid of social skills and manners even so.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If you were tire kicking and the seller obliged another party who said "I'll take it" or even bought by PM You were the weak tit.

Sellers wo do not post SPF suck, however.

HM

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Oakster
The most fundamental rule on the forum is that the first "I'll take it" is the owner, whether in PM or Public.

When posting an item for sale, I sell to the first "I'll take it" publicly, I don't deal with PM's other than to pass on shipping info etc. When purchasing something from forum members, whether here or on another forum, I just will not deal with those sellers that accept offers to buy via PM's. I have run into problems FAR too often dealing with those who don't deal publicly. My morals tell me the "public way" is the ONLY way to do business. It leaves far fewer opportunities for confusion between prospective buyers.

"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
good point doug

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Doug B.
Originally Posted by Oakster
The most fundamental rule on the forum is that the first "I'll take it" is the owner, whether in PM or Public.

When posting an item for sale, I sell to the first "I'll take it" publicly, I don't deal with PM's other than to pass on shipping info etc. When purchasing something from forum members, whether here or on another forum, I just will not deal with those sellers that accept offers to buy via PM's. I have run into problems FAR too often dealing with those who don't deal publicly. My morals tell me the "public way" is the ONLY way to do business. It leaves far fewer opportunities for confusion between prospective buyers.

Good advice but what if they did not tell you they had an add running? I guess 20/20 hindsight now tells me to always check there posts because what there offering could be in the classified.

We were chatting about the item and before all question are answered they sell to another member? This all took place in a little over two hours.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good advice BUT

This is a free classifed section. This stuff comes up all the time. Should it be the first I WILL TAKE IT or first person to ask a question. or the I will take it IF!! The bottom line is IT'S A free classifed forum!!! Get over it ad move on!!!

GA precision all day long
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doug,
The Honda in your avatar, "I'll take it". Publicly. grin

OP. I've seen them on fleabay, at times.

Have Dog

Will Travel

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Onpoint....Fortunately I don't have anything to get over. This is simply a discussion between what I hope are mature adults.

Moving on....... When I post, I state: "First I'll take it" publicly gets to purchase said item for sale. When buying, I simply DO NOT even consider purchasing from the particular seller if it is not stated as such. I have avoided many disappointments this way.

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by wageslave
Doug,

Sorry...no can do. THE bike I rode when I was 14 years old back in 1970.

Can't part with that one!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Doug B.
Originally Posted by wageslave
Doug,

Sorry...no can do. THE bike I rode when I was 14 years old back in 1970.

Can't part with that one!

I'm shocked......and heartbroken.
I still got my awesome Rupp 100. 1973.

P.S. she don't look as sweet as yours though.
She actually was rode hard and put away wet.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DougB If you look at my response was not for you but the original poster. Why dose everyone who thinks they were wrong have to start one of these threads. This is a classifed section not a discussion forum.

GA precision all day long
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Onpoint
This is a classifed section not a discussion forum.

Albeit possibly/probably in the wrong forum, it IS creating discussion on a worthwhile concern pertinent to the classifieds. I, as do others enjoy the fact it is free, however, I DO feel a few more stringent classified posting guidelines would certainly smooth out member transactions and perhaps minimize selling/buying hard feelings or concerns.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have bought several items here, and sold a couple. Most of the time with good results.
I must have a phone conversation with seller or buyer , that is where I make my judgement to write the check, or be suspicious if buyer seems flaky.
I still buy more items on the Scam riddled Armslist. So far, the phone conversations have served me well.
I also will travel a long ways to look at item and buy it or leave it. I leave item about 40% of the time. The reason being, on used firearms, description is often inaccurate. Usually, not on purpose , just not knowledgeable enough to grade properly.
I have bought a lot on other forums , GA. is one I have used for years.
I have stopped buying from the dealers on GA, with a few exceptions.
I have found the bulk , but not all, are used car sellers. Telling you what you want to hear and trading amongst themselves until some new money comes along.
This is a public forum, as has been said many times. Chit happens, be prepared to trust everyone and no one.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Cisco

Last edited by cisco1; 12/29/12.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The first one that makes the "I'll take it" post and follows with a PM containing address gets it!!

That's the bottom line. Tire kickers may ask all the questions they want, but are second place to the committed buyer.

Tough love...

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JonS
I always figure it to be like a car for sale. First one to put the money down drives it home.
If I really want something but have some questions, I will ask first, saying I am very interested but have some questions. If someone else says they'll take it, I don't feel bad, either they're getting what they want without questions or taking a risk and getting what they want.
Either way, if I don't say the magic ITI, I consider it still for sale.
I see many ads that say, ITI trumps all tire-kicking just to avoid any confusion.
Good luck in your search and Happy New Year,
Jon

Them teecha's ar a smart buntch.

What he sed!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll go with the firstest with the mostest... The I'll take it trumps the 40 questions game every time.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been a buyer and I've been a tire kicker. I've been a serious contender that needed questions answered before committing. I've bought an item w/o asking questions I wish I had the answers to because it was a great opportunity. I've risked and won and risked and lost. It's called life.
Man up.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've been a buyer and I've been a tire kicker. I've been a serious contender that needed questions answered before committing. I've bought an item w/o asking questions I wish I had the answers to because it was a great opportunity. I've risked and won and risked and lost. It's called life.
Man up.

Its no big deal just a $40 barrel I wanted to buy, but years ago when I first got on the Campfire there was much honor between sellers and buyers.

When I am chatting with another buyer about the item I have never sold it out from under them when the buyer is waiting for my answer to his question.

Its like Guy57 said, its gentlemen vs the almighty dollar.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (06hunter59, 160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 58 invisible), 1,785 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,134
Posts18,523,194
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.