Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Getting shot down is not heroic. Saving your crew members might not be either. It might be was he was supposed to do. Yet he chose to save himself at the expense of his crew members' lives. That's a coward.

But I'm good with whatever you choose to believe.

Last edited by Laguna; 12/29/12.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
I would choose either GHWB or GWB over the Kenyan any day.

Hell, I'd choose A.E. Newman or a dead cat over the Kenyan. Or both.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It sounds like the correct procedure was most likely followed. Then again I am not trying to make a case against a war hero, while trying to deflect criticism against the Muslim. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Laguna
Getting shot down is not heroic. Saving your crew members might not be either. It might be was he was supposed to do. Yet he chose to save himself at the expense of his crew members' lives. That's a coward.

He chose to finish the bombing run. Sounds pretty cowardly to a dip [bleep].

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/29/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sounds like he panicked and took a dive out of a moving aircraft...one that he happened to be flying.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

I'm sure it does to you. But then again, you assuredly do not know what his duty was. His duty was to protect his crew members. He was derelict in that duty. I'm sure his blue blood lineage kept him from court martial. If another pilot had done what Bush did, what would you suppose would have happened to him?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by milespatton
It sounds like the correct procedure was most likely followed. Then again I am not trying to make a case against a war hero, while trying to deflect criticism against the Muslim. miles

How in God's name was Bush a hero? He did what he singed up to do and what he was paid to do, except for abandoning his crew members. How many pilots didn't return and were not accorded hero status?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
after you've flown a torpedo bomber into Japanese AA and flown a plane that's on fire for a while, I'll maybe give a rip about your opinion on heroes, loser.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You still here, stupid?

Did you take your government computer when you got shown the door, lightweight?

Cowardly,name-changing pissant.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
after you've flown a torpedo bomber into Japanese AA and flown a plane that's on fire for a while, I'll maybe give a ratfuck about your opinion on heroes, loser.

I thought you were sending you son to a gay bath house? BTW, is he gay? If not, why in God's name would you send him to a gay bath house?

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I've never considered Bush a "hero" but have always respected his service. I don't feel it necessary to praise or condemn the man when I wasn't in his shoes.

Which branch of the service did you serve in, Laguna, to judge the man? Which armed conflicts did you take part in? I'm assuming, based only on a summation of your past comments, that you're of an age to have overlapped at least a couple.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
To pry you loose from another kid, coward.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
George, I doubt that I'm giving you any news here, but you are jousting with our new #1 troll/azzhole...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm sure it does to you. But then again, you assuredly do not know what his duty was. His duty was to protect his crew members. He was derelict in that duty. I'm sure his blue blood lineage kept him from court martial. If another pilot had done what Bush did, what would you suppose would have happened to him?

His duty was to take out the objective dip [bleep] it's clear you've seen very little service time.

But say aren't you trolling a little fast?

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/29/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Which branch of the service did you serve in, Laguna, to judge the man? Which armed conflicts did you take part in? I'm assuming, based only on a summation of your past comments, that you're of an age to have overlapped at least a couple.
============

He's a low level government worker bee who couldn't cut it in the competitive world. He's a coward who tries to elevate his lower than whale schit status by pretending to be something he isn't.

He's a Renee and while Renee could someday grow up,this ragoofus fraud has wasted his entire life being a malcontented, under-achieving loser.

William Arthur Ward

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
after you've flown a torpedo bomber into Japanese AA and flown a plane that's on fire for a while, I'll maybe give a rip about your opinion on heroes, loser.

Vincent Bugliosi was absolutely right. Scott O'Grady was not a hero. He was shot down doing his job. The true heroes were the men who volunteered to go in harm's way to rescue him.

Steve, I don't expect you to understand Bugliosi's thesis because he's a real deal trail attorney. He was ranked as the best attorney in America, while you were ranked best gay bath house attorney.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

His duty was to take out the object dip [bleep] it's clear you've seen very little service time.

But say aren't you trolling a little fast?

Are you trying to convey that doing one's duty, doing what one agreed to do and was paid to do, makes him a hero? Using your reasoning or lack thereof, my garbage man is a hero. God only knows how many hazardous materials he has to handle every day.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by NH K9
I've never considered Bush a "hero" but have always respected his service. I don't feel it necessary to praise or condemn the man when I wasn't in his shoes.

George

NH K9,

Your reasoning is deeply flawed. Since you've never been president, you're incapable of judging the "man".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL I say again you're trolling way to fast and using crap for bait.

NRA Lifetime Member
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
LOL I say again you're trolling way to fast and using crap for bait.

But you're biting crap bait.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.