Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by centershot
What about the high scope mounting for the long through bolts on the CZ's has this been cleaned up on the newer model?

confused
are you talkin about the bolt handle clearence issue in regards to hitting the scope when its cycled?

Yes, this ^, don't care for overly tall scope mounts.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
[Linked Image]

And here is the sight in target and first group at 25 yards. It's a keeper, for sure.

[Linked Image]

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've had more than a few deer rifles through the years. Convinced myself I "needed" each and every one. I've had two full out customs made with big big price tags attached. My CZ453 22LR American having been professionally bedded is my most cherished rifle I own. It's purchase price is an absolute steal!

With Dicks purchased cci SV I can shoot inside a dime at 50 yards, basically one whored out hole. Keep in mind that cci SV is only $25 a BRICK and wolf ammo is better but only marginally so at more than double the cost.

If CZ were to call me for my thoughts on their product I would say that I absolutely love their little RF BUT please address that bastard bolt throw(so I can use low rings) and use a safety that isn't retarded. That said I would buy another one at double the cost. (wouldn't tell em that part)

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Guys at my range try and flex their Annys and hopped up 10/22s on me. I piss on them with cheap azz ammo too. Pure satisfaction.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'd work on your 77/22 first. swap out the trigger and tighten the front action bolt down tight and make sure the barrel has clearance all the down to the front of the mag. if not, lightly sand and reseal the barrel channel until you can slide a sheet of paper down all the way. my first 77/22 was so-so until i did that. now it is dimesized at 50 yards with CCI HP's. i bought two more since for my boys and they responded to the same treatment as well. my problem with the CZ's is the safety is opposite of most other guns out there and feels kind of junky. i like the 3 pos ruger safety and think it is one of the safest guns out there.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by woodson
Guys at my range try and flex their Annys and hopped up 10/22s on me. I piss on them with cheap azz ammo too. Pure satisfaction.

ouch ... little narcissistic? Only thing missing was the Bwah ha ha ha

smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
CZ 452 or 455.Do a DIY trigger job ,$15 and you won't be dissapointed. Leupold scopes can be run low to the barrel , so can Weavers. They have small eyepiece and make great rimfire scopes.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I get a kick out of guys saying what they had to do to their rifles to get them to shoot. All I did to my CZ453 was mount a scope and load a magazine with bulk ammo and head off to the range. The rest, as they say, was history. Out of the box, out to the range. One hole groups are normal.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CZ, best rimfire for your price range. Had a 455 and it was one of the most accurate guns I've owned.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by woodson

If CZ were to call me for my thoughts on their product I would say that I absolutely love their little RF BUT please address that bastard bolt throw(so I can use low rings) and use a safety that isn't retarded. That said I would buy another one at double the cost. (wouldn't tell em that part)

Another hunting forum I frequent has a CZ 'field rep' that posts often. I mentioned the same thing on a CZ thread. He quoted me and said "all I can say is keep your eyes open". I think something is in the works.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I bought and sold a 452 American .17HMR and never bought another decent rimfire instead choosing to tote the single shot I inheritted from my grandfather.

Wanting another I bought a 452 Trainer this week. So far it shoots itty bitty groups with Federal 510. The only thing I could improve is the trigger and bolt (I remember having to use the tall Talley's on my American).

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The complaints about the safety are silly, IMHO. It is not a dangerous game rifle, so I don't feel the need to chamber a round until I want to discharge. It's wither small game or targets -- I never carry a loaded chamber in my rimfires. EVER! I load when I want Cannot remember the last time I used the safety on my 10-22, or my Browning Trombone, or my Browning Challenger for that matter.

But when everything else works well, we have to find something to comlain about. laugh

Brother Keith

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
i recently got a cz 455 under $400 with shipping and fees. scope leupold $229 a little over your quote however its light easy to carry in the woods and with the ammo it likes will likely shoot 5 shot one hole groups. lots of them do.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 7mmfreak
I bought and sold a 452 American .17HMR and never bought another decent rimfire instead choosing to tote the single shot I inheritted from my grandfather.

Wanting another I bought a 452 Trainer this week. So far it shoots itty bitty groups with Federal 510. The only thing I could improve is the trigger and bolt (I remember having to use the tall Talley's on my American).

Google the YO-Dave trigger kit.It costs $20 shipped and will give you an excellent trigger with no creep in about 5 min. It is a shim and spring kit.You use a tube over a pin to partially engage the seer and remove all the creep.It made my CZ Ultraluxe trigger nearly as good as my Anschutz.It is as good as anything you would want to hunt with.Under 2 lbs and breaks like a glass rod.You might also polish the engagement surfaces while you are at it(polish,not sand).

It is well tested and used by a lot of folks in the CZ forum at rimfirecentral.Just do a good bump test with a rubber mallet with the action out of the stock.There is a possibility of splitting a stock if you do the bump with the action in it.There is a place at the rear of the action under the bolt that acts like a wedge if it isn't properly relieved at the inletting from the factory.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree on the CZ's as great price and quality. Lovely guns, most will be extremely accurate for the price and should have nice wood. I have had 2 452, one lux, and currently one American. I shoot bulk Remington ammo and it does what I need. Just changed scopes from 4x32 no name to a 4-12x40 Vortex Diamondback, so I hope I can squeeze out more accuracy.
Testing the ammo that works best is a must if really going for those one-hole groups.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wolf MT is a good place to start.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I coach rifle for our local 4H shooting sports club and recommend the CZ's to everyone who asks for a recommendation on what to buy. Out of over 300 competitors in the entire state, our club is sending 2 kids to the national championships in Nebraska this year....and they will be toting CZ's.

I installed a DIP adjustable sear in my CZ 452....ended up with a better trigger than a bud's with his Yo-Dave kit.

SK Standard+ is my 452's favorite.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My 445 American absolutely loves Eley Subsonics. Wolf Match not so much.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really like my Ruger 77/22 boat paddle.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Wolf MT is a good place to start.

Mine HATES Wolf ammo ... it however loves Eley Target with is priced close to the Wolf MT. Go Figure .... Spent darn near a year cussing that rifle before I tried Eley.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,792
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.