-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've seen the announcements for the new Leica rangefinding bino and it's really got me interested. I'm wondering if anybody has any inside info on these yet. I'm still waiting for the "perfect" rangefinding bino, and I haven't found it yet. Here's hoping the Leica is one step closer.

Wish list: button on the right side, angle compensation, and low minimum distance.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hummmm, an open bridge Leica. Is that a first for them ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
finally maybe something to bring swaro in check with the price. goodness 3k for these units is insane.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
finally maybe something to bring swaro in check with the price. goodness 3k for these units is insane.

What do you think the "new" Leica will cost? 10x42 Geovid HD's are $2,500.00 NIB.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GW you of all people should know that the smart people aren't paying that. when was the last time you paid that for a new set of geovids?? honestly 2500 isn't that bad, if I could pull off an upgrade by selling my HD's and only being out of pocket 400 ish I would probably do it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I bought the swaro rangefinding binos and I used them this season. I really like them for the most part, but they didn't blow me away. I sold my swarovision 10x42s to get them. I noticed a definite drop down in the optics with the change.

I'd love if the new leicas had a swarovision-esque type of a view. I know that's probably a pipe dream, but hey, what do you do. I'd also like if they were lighter somehow. I know that's another huculean task, but I would sure appreciate it.

As an optics whore, I'll probably be coaxed into buying these if they've got any reason to say that they're better than the swaros. It's my sickness.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I read that the RF takes something from the binoc performance. I don't think it's that much.

I have the Zeiss Victory 8x45 T* RF that I got on special from Doug and company here on the Fire. The glass is great, but I don't think it's any better than my older Swaro 7x50's. In fact, the Swaro has more "wow" power than the Zeiss, IMHO.

But, the Zeiss RF function is super, the best I've seen. I'm more impressed with the RF than the Zeiss glass in that binoc.

BTW, I now leave my Leica 1200 RF and my other binocs at home. A RF in a binoc is a great idea and much faster than using two devices. How much is that worth? Could be a bunch with the right scenario.

I would love to see a side by side comparison between the new RF binocs. I've not examined a Swaro or a Leica RF binoc.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 12/28/12.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
GW you of all people should know that the smart people aren't paying that. when was the last time you paid that for a new set of geovids?? honestly 2500 isn't that bad, if I could pull off an upgrade by selling my HD's and only being out of pocket 400 ish I would probably do it.

People are standing in line and paying full retail for the Swaro EL Range. I'm a cheap bastard and won't pay full retail for anything, but there's lots who will and I'm guessing the manufacturers suggested retail on these will be $2,800.00+.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I have been wanting something to compare the Swaro Ranges to as well. I've been holding out on the ranges for now and am anxiously awaiting what this will look like.

Dryfly, I'm in the same boat as you: excellent optics, lighter weight, angle compensation, right sided button and close minimum distance to use for bowhunting.

Lee

F
F
Originally Posted by Ebby

Dryfly, I'm in the same boat as you: excellent optics, lighter weight, angle compensation, right sided button and close minimum distance to use for bowhunting.

Lee

I'm with you on that, hopefully Zeiss will perfect it when they update their RF range.

I only work to hunt, I hunt to live, the family fits in and the dog is at my right hand.
I was a proud Dad the day my Son nailed a Buffalo with his first shot out of my 06 at 11yrs old.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 10 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.