-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm looking for some new WATERPROOF huntin bibs. I'm tired of gettin wet when sittin and layin in the snow while callin yotes. I have a Drake waterfowl parka that works pretty good for my upper body so I'm lookin for bibs. I'd like something in a Realtree AP camo and Drake doesn't offer that. Plus the waterfowl clothing is kind of noisy. I'd sure appreciate any an all help that you guys can give me. Thanks!!!!

Save a rabbit... Bust a yote!!!!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have you tried Cabela's ?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Yea I looked at some but I wasn't sure which ones to buy. They're really expensive. I don't mind spendin the money, I just wanna make sure that the ones I end up buyin are worth it. I mostly predator hunt so I figured who better to ask advise from than other predator hunters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To be honest, I wait until this time of the year and grab them off the clearance rack at the local Walmart, Kmart or Sears. I can usually find them 30-60% off and look for water proof on the tag.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Yea I've tried their "so called" water proof. I'm tired of gettin wet so I've decided to spend some money and buy a good pair. I just don't know which is a good pair yet. LOL

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Waterproof bibs are a good idea, but I sweat a lot if I have to walk in them. I have gone to carrying a closed cell pad to sit on to keep me dry from wet moss, snow, ground. Plus rain pants in wet brush, etc.

We hunt wet country, true rain forest in places. Yesterday I was floundering in a foot of damp snow in a steep rough clear cut and fell up to my ribs into a hole under snow covered brush. Had snowshoes on. Wallowed flat on my belly and crawled backwards to get out. I wasn't wearing a rain shell but didn't get as wet as I expected! grin

If I think there is any chance I may lie down, I take a 3/4 length closed cell pad. I used to lie in the snow on a closed cell pad and pull a sheet over me in open country and called coyotes within 10 yards.

If you are going to sit and lie down in bibs, make them heavy duty thick commercial material to stand the abrasion.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Yea that's what I'm tryin to find. I read some reviews on one pair that everybody seemed to like other than the fact that they rip really easy then leak.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Spray your ass (clean it up [bleep]) with Camp Dry on some quality Carhartt bibs.

When your ass starts getting wet again (don't go there) reapply.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Sounds a lot cheaper. Does it work really good and where you get it at?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They sell Camp Dry at most any sporting goods stores. Wal-Marts usually have it as well.

Only downside to it is it does not last forever. But it does work very well.

But if you want TRULY waterproof anything, it can't be capable of breathing.

Travis

Last edited by deflave; 01/02/13. Reason: I forgot to type something.
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sprayed a set of Walls coveralls that were given to me as a gift (I didn't want to risk my carhartts)

And yeah, I got them near waterproof after a couple heavy applications.

After one or two heavy uses in the bush (don't say it) you need to hit it again.

Be advised it SMELLS. Make sure you give it a few days hanging in the shed or somewhere outdoors, else you'll be dry, but the yotes will wind you in Omaha.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If i was you i would buy the Cabela's Outfitter Wool with Gore-tex

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Ok thanks!!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 62 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.