Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
President Obama has given his comic sidekick the task of pushing gun control measures through Congress. Democrats and some liberal Republicans are calling for more gun control after the tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Some state and municipal politicians, like the #1 anti-gun person in the nation � New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, are also calling for more control.

But did you know that no matter what gun control laws are passed by the federal government, they can only be enforced in your area if your county sheriff allows them to be.

Most people, including politicians fail to realize that the ultimate legal authorities in the land are the county sheriffs. This was established from the time of the Founding Fathers and upheld by the US Supreme Court in the 1997 case of Printz v. United States. Initially, the case was Mack v. United States, but by the time it reached the Supreme Court it was renamed.

The case involved new federal regulations involved with the Brady Bill and gun control. FBI agents went around to the various county sheriffs and demanded that they follow the new federal guidelines. Then Graham County (AZ) Sheriff Richard Mack and several others saw the Brady Bill as being unconstitutional and refused to impose the new federal guidelines. Part of their defense was that the county sheriff was the supreme law enforcement officer over their county and that the federal government could not supersede their legal authority.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No comfort here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of COURSE they can.

I've broken bread with this fella', and can tell you that his book is well worth the cost, and time.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bLJgPuNAh60[/video]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Cross, I have heard of him. What is his book titled?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see George beat me to it.

Thanks !

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I happened to have a tab to Amazon open at the time. Figured the link would be the best bet!

It's a good read. You may see some regional differences in regards to how SOs are run/function (I certainly did) but the premise is there.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
looks like a good read and may download to my Kindle Fire. I just tried, but not available for Kindle .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hey cool.... Free shipping and payed for by George...... Kidding..... I pasted an Amazon link here once and then had a bit of a panic attack when I clicked on the link and saw the one click order option......

Now I know for sure it doesn't work that way..... Had you going for just a second right Georgegrin

Please don't feed the trolls!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
There was a second of "oh schit" there.......[bleep] grin

I'm gonna go cancel a CC now!

George

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The prior assault weapons ban didn't affect guns and magazines that were already manufactured, so if Obama does the same thing it just cuts off the supply of new items. I don't think sheriffs can have much effect on such a ban.

The problem is that a federal ban on some class of guns prevents companies from engaging in interstate commerce for that class of guns even if county sheriffs don't allow enforcement in their own jurisdiction. The result is that it's no longer profitable to manufacture those guns and so they are no longer for sale. In addition, most gun and ammo manufacturers have big government contracts that would be put in jeopardy if they don't behave as the federal government wants.

Our best bet is the Republican controlled house will stop silly gun control measures. Given their tendency to cave when the political heat is turned up, there might not be much hope of avoiding new gun control laws.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is going to stop the Feds from sending their thugs into a county where the Sheriff won't enforce Fed law ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I live in Adams, on the line for Arapaho, have cross Denver, Jefferson, Clearcreek, and who knows how many others to hunt. My range is in Arap.

And, just how many sherrifs are even allowed to run by the political mahcine that would be honest about this? You can't vote for someone who is not even on the ballot

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well hell, we don't have Sheriffs in Alaska. Guess we'll just have to shoot the feds ourselves. wink

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Adolph Hitler and Joe Stalin did it the same way it would be done here!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
Well hell, we don't have Sheriffs in Alaska. Guess we'll just have to shoot the feds ourselves. wink

We will all have to.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 6mm250
What is going to stop the Feds from sending their thugs into a county where the Sheriff won't enforce Fed law ?

Mike

The citizen militia.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE

I'm fine with that.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Mike

Guns.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's been my understanding for a very long time that no federal law applies in the several states unless the state and local law decides to do something about it.

Even then, they'll issue warrants and make arrests citing fed laws but when you're arraigned the charges will read your state's statutes.

More people will be coming to this realization as pot legalization spreads. Soon only the fed will be trying to bust pot heads and sheriffs will ignore it/them. Already very much the MO in many states and 100% so for long time in certain counties.

Sheriff can pick up the feds and deposit them at the county line, bid them farewell, and advise them to not return. Just think, every time the epa, osha, atf, or any other showed up, behave as though they're criminals and call the cops.
(shrugs)
They are. So why not?
And if your state requires permits for hand guns/CC/whatever and they're packing heat without it.... "off to the slammer with ya, JBT!"
Wouldn't that be a treat.

It's coming.
It's long overdue.

[bleep] the pheds.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 30 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,031
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.