Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Raisuli

levrluvr,

To defend yourself from a federal firearms violation, it will cost a small fortune.

Raisuli, as usual, you don't get it. I'm sure there will be others, and none of us would get any press coverage other than another of those 'Tea Party Terrorists' were killed by a swat team in an exchange of gunfire.
Live free, or die tryin. I'm too old to worry about the job, property loss, or felony charges. They can come and get them, but they won't be gently handed over.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Aren't they registered already. Doesn't the dealer put the serial# and model BATF form we have to fill out when we buy a gun?

John

Well? Didn't they trace the guns back to the kids mom? Sounds like registration to me. I always figured my guns are already registered, just not taxed yet.

Which brings up an excellent point. I wonder how much tax the new control law will attach to future gun purchases. Taxes will have the effect of denying the Second Amendment. If the law places a $500 tax on the purchase of rifles & shotguns and a grand on handguns, it will prevent firearms ownership for many.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by levrluvr

levrluvr,

To defend yourself from a federal firearms violation, it will cost a small fortune.

Raisuli, as usual, you don't get it. I'm sure there will be others, and none of us would get any press coverage other than another of those 'Tea Party Terrorists' were killed by a swat team in an exchange of gunfire.
Live free, or die tryin. I'm too old to worry about the job, property loss, or felony charges. They can come and get them, but they won't be gently handed over.

levrluvr,

You might be too old to care, but most everyone else isn't. To ask a man to risk destroying his family to make a point he ain't gunna make might be a little over the top. And to give you some much needed advice, growing older & possibly dying in fed prison ain't a bright idea. But you go the route that's right for you. After all, you're your own man & obviously what I know to be true ain't true for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sure. They'll wage a PR campaign about the cost of "gun violence" in America, which is nothing more than criminal violence renamed to serve the agenda of disarmament, then they'll pass taxes when they feel they can. Or they'll just do it not even caring if there's support or not. Face it, they're going to make criminals out of most of us.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Aren't they registered already. Doesn't the dealer put the serial# and model BATF form we have to fill out when we buy a gun?

John

Well? Didn't they trace the guns back to the kids mom? Sounds like registration to me. I always figured my guns are already registered, just not taxed yet.

When you buy a gun in most states (or semi free states) the FFL records who bought it an the S/N and keeps the record in his/her book.

When the police need to trace a gun they go to the maker and get the record of where it was shipped and work back thru the distributor and to the FFL. Then "with cause" they can get the buyers info. Notice how many recent shootings that have received a lot of publicity about where the guns came from where all recently purchased. I'm guessing your pre'64 winchester would be a bit harder to trace even if you bought it new.

If it was sold face to face they can't go any further if you don't keep records of who you sold it to.

When your FFL calls in for a NICS check they are "supposed" to destroy the information within 24 hours. However, when Ashcroft took office he found they were keeping them the entire Clinto administration and ordered them destroyed. What is happening now under Obama is anyones guess.

Now if your state requires you to register your gun, you are on your own.

Last edited by NathanL; 01/06/13.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And to give you some much needed advice, growing older & possibly dying in fed prison ain't a bright idea.

I don't want your advice, in fact you and those like you are the last on the planet I'd take any from. GFY.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I am cynical enough to believe the govt does whatever it chooses with zero regard for the law. If by slim chance they find the law offensive or obstructive to their agenda, they overlook it or change it to suit them.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/06/13.

LOL
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

levrluvr,

Preach on! I just don't see it happening in most of "red-land". Even if the feds attempt to start rounding them up, it'll be McMinn County TN 1946 writ large. You won't be able to find a mofo who will admit to being a federal PIG. They'll get scarce as hens teeth right quick.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
just don't comply. Trying to round up every firearm in America will cost more than Obama Care

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

levrluvr,

You might be too old to care, but most everyone else isn't. To ask a man to risk destroying his family to make a point he ain't gunna make might be a little over the top. And to give you some much needed advice, growing older & possibly dying in fed prison ain't a bright idea. But you go the route that's right for you. After all, you're your own man & obviously what I know to be true ain't true for you. [/quote]
Sometimes you have to do what you think is right, regardless of the consequences. If I am going to surrender my freedoms to a misguided govornment, let all else be lost with it. I had a relative, Asa Eggleston, who enlisted with the Minute Men in 1779 at age 16. He served for the duration of the War, and lived to father 13 children. He was willing to give all, for nothing more than a notion of Freedom. If someone wants to steal that Freedom that so many fine men and women have died to protect, it is really my duty as a citizen to stand against such tyranny. I won't be a sheep Ravioli, I will not comply.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congress wants to create a black market on guns. There's money to be made with a black market and they know it. Follow the money trail.

As for me, I'm to old to care let them send a federal assassination team for me. They would be doing me a favor.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Plinker
What can they do if 80 million gun owners refuse to register?

Schit they're pants.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Laguna
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Non compliance!

They can kiss my ass.

this is where I stand. Free will, Liberty, and God-given rights.

levrluvr,

The gun grabbers have got that figured out, too. To defend yourself from a federal firearms violation, it will cost a small fortune. A good criminal defense attorney will go at about 5 bills an hour. Then they tack on a trial fee if it goes to trial, which it will. In the process, you'll probably lose your job, which means you'll probably lose everything else you own. If you're convicted, and unless jury nullification becomes law (Feds will make legal defenses virtually nonexistent for alleged violations.) you will be, you'll be a convicted felon, which means you can't own any guns.

This legal intimidation will force nearly all gun owners to comply. No one wants to end up destitute, a convicted felon, and without right to own any firearm.

We need drastic hope & change: we gotta hope that we can change back to the country our Founding Fathers created for us.

I don't think he plans on being being arrested.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Laguna
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Non compliance!

They can kiss my ass.

this is where I stand. Free will, Liberty, and God-given rights.

levrluvr,

The gun grabbers have got that figured out, too. To defend yourself from a federal firearms violation, it will cost a small fortune. A good criminal defense attorney will go at about 5 bills an hour. Then they tack on a trial fee if it goes to trial, which it will. In the process, you'll probably lose your job, which means you'll probably lose everything else you own. If you're convicted, and unless jury nullification becomes law (Feds will make legal defenses virtually nonexistent for alleged violations.) you will be, you'll be a convicted felon, which means you can't own any guns.

This legal intimidation will force nearly all gun owners to comply. No one wants to end up destitute, a convicted felon, and without right to own any firearm.

We need drastic hope & change: we gotta hope that we can change back to the country our Founding Fathers created for us.

I don't think he plans on being being arrested.

Yeah, I know; neither did Bernie Madoff...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If they get registration it will be this way....

Simply to pass or EO mandatory federal forms with EVERY gun transfer, billed as a common sense way to stop lunatics and criminals from getting guns, even from private sales.

Then all they have to do is sit back and wait. How many of us would risk losing everything in a gun purchase or sale, epecially to stranger?

Most of US here on the campfire probably already have most of the guns we want, so our stuff wont cross the Federal radar for awhile, unless we bought them from a FFL holder. But eventually they will be sold or transferred, by someone, if only after we die. And most all these transfers will be in compliance with the law.

Also, growing up in England and then New York State and now a longterm resident of Texas I have observed how whatever lawsare in effect become the societal norms.

If the "gunshow loophole" is closed, ie banning private sales without a yellow form and background check, twenty years from now those laws will be the accepted norm everywhere, ie you'd be considered a loony to try and sell a gun to someone without a background check.

So, if you dont comply, your kids' generation will, and find the practice normal.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If NICS was compelled to reply to EVERY gun transaction in the U.S., it would crash, and they know it.

And most private transactions are INTRASTATE, which brings up the whole issue of "federalism" if the feds try to regulate them.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If NICS was compelled to reply to EVERY gun transaction in the U.S., it would crash, and they know it.

Just another excuse for a bigger and more well funded ATF

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Also, growing up in England and then New York State and now a longterm resident of Texas I have observed how whatever lawsare in effect become the societal norms.

If the "gunshow loophole" is closed, ie banning private sales without a yellow form and background check, twenty years from now those laws will be the accepted norm everywhere, ie you'd be considered a loony to try and sell a gun to someone without a background check.

So, if you dont comply, your kids' generation will, and find the practice normal.

Birdwatcher

Exactly correct. The proverbial boiled frog.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Or the feds can tax the ones you already own & force you to list them on your 1040.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Plinker
What can they do if 80 million gun owners refuse to register?
When everyone is a criminal, the state may begin exercising arbitrary power, i.e., tyranny.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.