Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I just enjoy listening to you spew your ignorance. As I wrote before, you're young, limited education, probably a low paying job, and unhappy with your life in general. Your one outlet is spewing hate on the internet and thinking that anyone who doesn't believe your opinion is always correct get called names and has to read your profanity laced ramblings. The internet allows you to be just as educated or tough as you want to claim to be. Anyone can have a preference, but to state as fact that one choice is without a doubt highly superior to another just shows your limited mental capacity.

Last edited by Timbo; 01/09/13.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Timbo
I just enjoy listening to you spew your ignorance. As I wrote before, you're young, limited education, probably a low paying job, and unhappy with your life in general. Your one outlet is spewing hate on the internet and thinking that anyone who doesn't believe your opinion is always correct get called names and has to read your profanity laced ramblings. The internet allows you to be just as educated or tough as you want to claim to be. Anyone can have a preference, but to state as fact that one choice is without a doubt highly superior to another just shows your limited mental capacity.
You keep trying to derail the thread into your personal hangups with me. This is obviously your way of avoiding discussion of a topic in which you have a position and point of view you cannot defend. A small-minded jackass -- not unlike you -- uses these tactics. I won't let you do that.

Here are the problems with the "buy a CZ" suggestion:
  • CZ rimfires have a high bolt lift, requiring a combination of rings, bases, and scope in order to address this.
  • CZ rimfires use an odd and inconsistent scope mount rail size, making attachment of a scope mount a pain in the ass.
  • CZ rimfires have a terrible trigger, for which there are either amateurish or expensive solutions.
The Browning T-Bolt is a straight pull design, negating any bolt handle clearance issues. The T-Bolt also uses conventional scope mounts, making attachment a straightforward process. The T-Bolt has a fairly decent trigger pull from the factory.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Can you grasp that at all? Do you need someone to hold your hand and explain it with building blocks?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I rufflfed [bleep] feathers , BFD.
The T bolts did NOT Qualify for my shooting after laughing at the [bleep] mexican trigger group.
Opinions are like azzholes and you are the biggest azzhole here. My internet search was for info on the [bleep] trigger and I found plenty.
You like the T Bolt , good for you , prolly all you are qualified to have , prolly all you can afford. A daggoned Browning T [bleep] Bolt.!!!!WOW
Go [bleep] yourself , [bleep].
Your friend in firearms
Cisco

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cisco1
I rufflfed [bleep] feathers , BFD.
The T bolts did NOT Qualify for my shooting after laughing at the [bleep] mexican trigger group.
Opinions are like azzholes and you are the biggest azzhole here. My internet search was for info on the [bleep] trigger and I found plenty.
You like the T Bolt , good for you , prolly all you are qualified to have , prolly all you can afford. A daggoned Browning T [bleep] Bolt.!!!!WOW
Go [bleep] yourself , [bleep].
Your friend in firearms
Cisco
I saw your comments on rimfirecentral.com, "63Chuck." They went over about as well there as they're going over here. Let me see if I can summarize your "logic:"

You saw something that you didn't understand and rendered judgement. Without shooting and acquiring any relevant knowledge. I doubt you could articulate in your own words or experience exactly what is wrong with the T-Bolt other than to cite some silly-ass HORSESHIT you lifted off the Internet.

You remind me of the "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer." Our world frightens and confuses you.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The CZ aren't that difficult to mount a scope on. It's not rocket science.

The CZ stock trigger isn't great, but again it's not rocket science to polish the parts or use various shim ticks, etc.

Lastly they're as a general rule very accurate rifles. Tack ten randomly chosen CZ's and ten T-Bolts and you'll mostly likely find the CZ's winning in the accuracy dept. Everyone has a story of on Remchester Special that shoots one hole groups at X yards, but I'm talking accuracy over a wide range of rifles. Maybe I had a bad one, but they don't have the accuracy reputation that CZ has.

I could fill those comments full of profanity, but it wouldn't make them any more effective.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The CZ aren't that difficult to mount a scope on. It's not rocket science.
The point continues to escape you: YOU HAVE TO FACTOR IN THE BOLT LIFT. THIS MEANS YOU NEED TO OBTAIN A SCOPE WITH AN OCULAR BELL THAT CAN CLEAR THE BOLT KNOB OR MOUNT IT IN RINGS AND BASES THAT ALLOW CLEARANCE. HINT: THIS IS NOT NORMAL TO HAVE TO DO THAT. YOU ALSO HAVE TO CONTEND WITH A VARYING MANUFACTURING TOLERANCE OF THE MOUNT RAIL. THAT'S ALSO NOT NORMAL.

The CZ stock trigger isn't great, but again it's not rocket science to polish the parts or use various shim ticks, etc.
The point escapes you here as well: THESE ARE ADDITIONAL MAN-HOURS AND EXPENDITURES NOT NEEDED ON OTHER RIFLES.

You still CANNOT grasp -- EVEN IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT -- the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR." Is that ANYWHERE close to sinking into your thick head? ANYWHERE CLOSE AT ALL? I mean you do UNDERSTAND that none of these little tricks and idiosynchrasies for mounting a scope or obtaining a decent trigger pull are necessary on a T-Bolt, do you not?

Lastly they're as a general rule very accurate rifles. Tack ten randomly chosen CZ's and ten T-Bolts and you'll mostly likely find the CZ's winning in the accuracy dept. Everyone has a story of on Remchester Special that shoots one hole groups at X yards, but I'm talking accuracy over a wide range of rifles. Maybe I had a bad one, but they don't have the accuracy reputation that CZ has.
The difference between this little "gem" of a quote and a fairy tale is a fairy tale begins with "Once upon a time..." Sorry, anecdotal BULLSHIT won't get you far, little man.

I could fill those comments full of profanity, but it wouldn't make them any more effective.
Profanity is only effective if you have an effective argument. You don't have an effective argument and never have.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then there's the matter of the CZ trigger. Out of the box, it sucks. Period. Exclamation point. The "fixes" on "the internets" are half-assed. At best. Some people are satisfied with the outcome of shimming with rubber washers; I am not. The triggers have a lot of take up slack and a gritty, heavy let off. You can either expend man-hours of your own applying one of these fixes or install a Timney unit -- which requires inletting of the stock.

Rifle Basix ... Very nice in my rifle smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by avagadro
Then there's the matter of the CZ trigger. Out of the box, it sucks. Period. Exclamation point. The "fixes" on "the internets" are half-assed. At best. Some people are satisfied with the outcome of shimming with rubber washers; I am not. The triggers have a lot of take up slack and a gritty, heavy let off. You can either expend man-hours of your own applying one of these fixes or install a Timney unit -- which requires inletting of the stock.
Rifle Basix ... Very nice in my rifle smile
An additional $79.99 (dealer price) from Brownell's. ($99.99 retail.)

You get what you pay for.

Just going off Bud's Gun Shop prices, the CZ is within $100 of the T-Bolt once you've added the cost of a Rifle Basix trigger which must still be installed. In the end you have a rifle no better than the T-Bolt.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
More people obviously not up to Burger King boy's IQ level. Or perhaps just more lies from other folks. I can just hear his response "They're all @#$@#% Lies! Lies! Those stupid *&#$"

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481745

Last edited by Timbo; 01/09/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More people obviously not up to Burger King boy's IQ level. Or perhaps just more lies from other folks. I can just hear his response "They're all @#$@#% Lies! Lies! Those stupid *&#$"

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481745
So am I to feel celebrated now that I've been referenced by the sodomites on the esteemed pages of rimfirecentral.com? And FYI, I have yet to state or infer in any post regarding CZs that "they just aren't that accurate." That's your f*cking, non-reading ass projecting your own little fears and hangups, jut like you've been doing with your comments regarding my character and lineage vice discussing the actual subject.

At any rate, you keep avoiding the question I'm asking, do you or do you not understand the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR," yes or no?

IC B3

D
DMW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR,"

I agree, you do. As high as you regard the T-bolt, it's not for everyone and it's expensive...meaning it's "over priced" to many people. I do think CZ makes a nice rifle for the money...even with it's quirks. However, I don't consider the Browning better, just different and with more polish and not meant to compete with CZ's market class. The Browning is definitely higher.

DW

Last edited by DMW; 01/09/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DMW
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR," yes or no?
You sure do. As high as you regard the T-bolt, it's not for everyone and it's expensive...meaning it's "over priced" to many people.

I do think CZ makes a nice rifle for the money...even with it's quirks. However, I don't consider the Browning better, just different and with more polish.

D
I never stated otherwise and I do not have particular "regard" for the Browning, but the Browning is better OUT OF THE BOX as compared to a CZ. Savvy? By the time you've modified a CZ and hassled around with mounting a scope, you have as much invested as if you would in buying a Browning from the get-go. This has been the statement I've made all along.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have been intrigued by the T-Bolt concept since its inception, waaaay back when. This, er, discussion got me to thinking about it again. Aside from a pile of run-of-the-mill .22's I keep around for sentimental reasons, my go-to rifles for serious shooting/hunting are a M1922M2 Springfield and a custom Martini 12/15. Frankly both are getting a bit heavy for my gimpy self to lug around the woods all day and my thoughts are turning toward a new lighter, but accurate, rifle. That said:
A) how much do these things weigh (wood stock version- humor me my preference for wood)?
B) what kind of accuracy can I expect out of the box, with say premium match ammo? (The Springfield and Martini have me spoiled with their sub-�" groups at 50M.)
C) how effortless is the bolt operation? (I know not to expect the ease/quickness of an Olympic Biathlon thumb-cocker, but is it a step up from 'normal' bolt operation?

My inclination at this point is to build a M52 Sporter with a lightweight barrel, out of a 52A target rifle that is tempting me at a local shop, but I just don't need any more projects at the moment.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 01/09/13.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
[bleep],
Always interesting to share opinions and ideas on firearms with knowledgeable people................................too bad you ain't one.
heretofor the T bolt trigger will be referred to as the "[bleep] trigger".
I don't have to shoot a [bleep] trigger to know one.

Your zeal in promoting this "[bleep] trigger" is proportional to your lack of experience.

Are you trolling RFC or do you contribute? ( excuse me while I take a crap}
Especially care to engage with [bleep] with all the warmth of a python and the charm of a backed up toilet.
You friend in firearms
Cisco

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cisco1
I don't know much about the things I post. I like shiny things.

You friend in firearms
Cisco
Later, Mary.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[/quote]So am I to feel celebrated now that I've been referenced by the sodomites on the esteemed pages of rimfirecentral.com? And FYI, I have yet to state or infer in any post regarding CZs that "they just aren't that accurate." That's your f*cking, non-reading ass projecting your own little fears and hangups, jut like you've been doing with your comments regarding my character and lineage vice discussing the actual subject.

At any rate, you keep avoiding the question I'm asking, do you or do you not understand the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR," yes or no?

I hope you don't use that language at Burger King. You'll never make shift manager like that!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I have been intrigued by the T-Bolt concept since its inception, waaaay back when. This, er, discussion got me to thinking about it again. Aside from a pile of run-of-the-mill .22's I keep around for sentimental reasons, my go-to rifles for serious shooting/hunting are a M1922M2 Springfield and a custom Martini 12/15. Frankly both are getting a bit heavy for my gimpy self to lug around the woods all day and my thoughts are turning toward a new lighter, but accurate, rifle. That said:
A) how much do these things weigh (wood stock version- humor me my preference for wood)?
B) what kind of accuracy can I expect out of the box, with say premium match ammo? (The Springfield and Martini have me spoiled with their sub-�" groups at 50M.)
C) how effortless is the bolt operation? (I know not to expect the ease/quickness of an Olympic Biathlon thumb-cocker, but is it a step up from 'normal' bolt operation?

My inclination at this point is to build a M52 Sporter with a lightweight barrel, out of a 52A target rifle that is tempting me at a local shop, but I just don't need any more projects at the moment.
I can give you the weight of my synthetic .22 LR version with Leupold 2x7 Rimfire scope in Browning/Talley rings and bases as a ballpark figure. It comes in at 5.5 pounds on my postal scale. As for accuracy, I don't have a target handy, but I shot a coyote from a pond dam at an honest 125 yards with one round. Surely that would meet your standards. Effort of operation is fairly light, though I could hang a weight from the bolt and measure the actual force needed to cycle it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So am I to feel celebrated now that I've been referenced by the sodomites on the esteemed pages of rimfirecentral.com? And FYI, I have yet to state or infer in any post regarding CZs that "they just aren't that accurate." That's your f*cking, non-reading ass projecting your own little fears and hangups, jut like you've been doing with your comments regarding my character and lineage vice discussing the actual subject.

I hope you don't use that language at Burger King. You'll never make shift manager like that!
By your leave, Little Man. I would never interfere with your career path.

And you keep avoiding the question I'm asking, do you or do you not understand the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR," yes or no?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
" You get what you pay for" yeap it could be proformance or looks. Browning looks better you bet no contest, proformance ? dought it. For non coustom built rimfire the 452 is the 2nd most popular next to Anshcutz there is for silhoutte matches , that demandes shootability and accuracy thus meaning geting scopes set up to be shooter freindly and accurate and good triggers .
I sometimes shoot one and wife does a lot a 452 with a 6-18X40 A.O. that old BT says won't work!! It will shoot almost as good as my costum built 40X, trigger I have 2 springs for 2# and a 6 oz. ( now I did polish the trigger ) and have bedded the gun and done it for way under the 2-300 buck that BT said it would take more like and extra 30 bucks invested.
Oh yea that said scope set where it is the obj would hit the barrel before the eye peice would contact the bolt. But if I or the mrs. were a scope craweler(meaning if it were mounted too far foward) the bolt might hit the eyepeice but most scope crawlers are either inexperanced or bad shooters
[Linked Image]
Bolt open all the way lots of clearance
[Linked Image]
Does this look way to high?

Last edited by ldholton; 01/09/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton
" You get what you pay for" yeap it could be proformance or looks. Browning looks better you bet no contest, proformance ? dought it. For non coustom built rimfire the 452 is the 2nd most popular next to Anshcutz there is for silhoutte matches , that demandes shootability and accuracy thus meaning geting scopes set up to be shooter freindly and accurate and good triggers .
I sometimes shoot one and wife does a lot a 452 with a 6-18X40 A.O. that old BT says won't work!! It will shoot almost as good as my costum built 40X, trigger I have 2 springs for 2# and a 6 oz. ( now I did polish the trigger ) and have bedded the gun and done it for way under the 2-300 buck that BT said it would take more like and extra 30 bucks invested.
Oh yea that said scope set where it is the obj would hit the barrel before the eye peice would contact the bolt. But if I or the mrs. were a scope craweler(meaning if it were mounted too far foward) the bolt might hit the eyepeice but most scope crawlers are either inexperanced or bad shooters
[Linked Image]
Bolt open all the way lots of clearance
[Linked Image]
Does this look way to high?
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, WHAT TRAILER PARK DID YOU CRAWL OUT OF, JETHRO?!!!

And yeah, that scope is too f*cking high. Since you asked. Everything you posted -- including the mangled "engrish" -- reaffirmed everything I've posted thus far.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,565 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,607
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.