Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Just give them what comes out of em!
Stand for what is right or fall for anything!

wink

In a van down by the water
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Criminals will run rabid with more gun free zones.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They won't "come for your guns". They'll make you/us turn them in or face prosecution. It's a lot cheaper that way.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The criminals are the government that will disarm you to let loose their robbers( banksters)and goons to take all you own. Uh already happening I think.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What guns?

FJB & FJT
IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I will turn one in its the only one I have wink single shot .410 I used for squirrel hunting grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
welcome back fartsniffer

nice to know you're only a message click away laugh

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
grin

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll turn off the lights and TV and pretend I'm not home. smile

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
What guns?

...and who is "they"?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you believe they (government) are really coming for your guns, why would you live here? Why not head for some other country that is safer? Because there aren't any.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I will definately not given them up. I am in my 50s and have had a great life so I have nothing to lose.

I will go down fighting and I hope others will join me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm really Bruce Wayne of Gotham City. If they come for me, I'm gonna sic Batgirl on them.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by FartSniffer

wink

Fart,

That's not how it's gunna happen.

There are two methods of implementing public policy: radical comprehensive and incrementalism. In the former, which is rarely used, a new policy is implement in one fell swoop. In the case of gun confiscation, all guns owned by Americans would be subject to it. Since politicians know this will never fly, they'll do it incrementally. Perhaps an analogy might help.

In your mind's eye, picture a flock of sheep with wolves circling it. In the middle are the majority that are defined as holding a common belief; and here let's assume that that belief is that since they have no use for semiauto rifles that will be targeted in the new gun control legislation that's fixin' to be rammed right down our throats, they don't care if government confiscates them. They're perfectly content owning deer rifles, birds guns, and handguns. These sheep do not see the big picture. At the fringes of the flock are the sheep who like their semiauto rifles.

The wolves begin feeding on the fringe sheep. The sheep in the middle are unconcerned because they foolishly believe they share no commonalities with fringe sheep. After the fringe sheep are devoured, the wolves begin to feed on the sheep that never bothered to look at the big picture. Finally the wolves devour them.

ALL gun owners must protect and defend the RIGHT of all gun owners to own any gun they choose. A guy who owns a surplus WWII M1 has as much right do it as a guy who owns an '06 bolt action hunting rifle. If we do not protect the rights of fringe sheep, we will be next on the wolves' menu.

This is the gun grabbers' strategy. Since only a small percent of gun owners own targeted semiautos, politicians believe they'll be insulated from political consequences should they confiscate them. Once they have confiscated semiautos that are rarely used in crime, they'll be able to use that illusory justification to confiscate guns most often used in crime: handguns. And since Americans will have already been duped into the con of confiscating semiauto rifles under the false premise that it will prevent crime, politicians will assume that they'll be on more solid footing to confiscate guns that are actually used by criminals: our handguns. After that, your deer rifle will become a sniper rifle & it'll be gone. Whitman, whom I believe was suffering from a brain tumor, used a hunting rifle as did copycat Allaway.

Don't expect radical comprehensive gun confiscation. Rather, expect confiscation to be implemented incrementally. First semiauto rifles that are rarely used in crime, then expect that the classification of prohibited guns will be expanded one increment at a time until we're unable to own a single shot .22.

This is why it is so crucial that we prevent any gun confiscation law and and any law that prevents us from owning any weapon we desire. It's none of government's damned business what firearms we want to own.

Instead of resorting to the defensive, we ought to consider going on the offensive. Force politicians to expose their true agenda, which is the new world order. Further, let's go on the offensive to repeal current gun laws. The first one ought to be the National Firearms Act of 1934. If a guy wants to own a Thompson Submachine Gun, it's his business and only his business. He shouldn't have to justify desiring owning it.

We ought not allow politicians to feed on the fringe, for they'll dine on us after.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Laguna
ALL gun owners must protect and defend the RIGHT of all gun owners to own any gun they choose. A guy who owns a surplus WWII M1 has as much right do it as a guy who owns an '06 bolt action hunting rifle.

I agree. Unfortunately, all 80,000,000 US gun owners did not vote against 0bama. So, here we are today. =/

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Plinker,

As best as I can put this, voting against politicians contributed to the mess we're in. We ought to change the paradigm to voting for the candidate whom we know will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America just as Madison wrote it.

After Bush 43, I am done voting less evil. Evil is evil regardless of presentation.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FartSniffer

wink

Just put this on my truck yesterday:

[Linked Image]

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
They won't "come for your guns". They'll make you/us turn them in or face prosecution. It's a lot cheaper that way.
Well, then I'll only get worried when I see 'em breaking ground on about 500 new prisons..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (16penny, 16gage, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,755
Posts18,514,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.