Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Here we go again. Yahoo and Fox are reporting a school shooting in Bakersfield, Ca.

I found a wizard and asked him if he can remove a curse I had been living with for the last 20 years. The Wizard says, "What were the exact words that were used to put the curse on you." I say without hesitation, "I now pronounce you man and wife."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not far from here. Our local HS district is still on winter break.

Damn.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just heard a California politican on the news last night or the night before talking about how the California gun laws have prevented any school shootings. Idiot.

This sucks, hope it turns out to be nothing.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I bet it was a school that was unguarded too.. And all these little creeps wanna do is be famous - and the MSM is only TOO happy to accommodate 'em..

added: sounds like it was only two - and the cops have the perp..

Prayers for those families involved..

Last edited by Redneck; 01/10/13.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But, but...the sign said "No Guns Allowed."

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
This will be the final straw. We're toast...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Many cal high schools have an armed resource officer on campus. If this was shut down early I would bet that is part of the reason

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
But, but...the sign said "No Guns Allowed."

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

and I thought those signs worked so well

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Illegal to possess, import, or purchase assault weapons and .50 BMG rifles, unless such weapons were acquired by the owner prior to June 1, 1989. Legally defined assault weapons and .50 BMG rifles listed by make and model by the DOJ must be registered. Their sale and transfer is prohibited. Military look-alike rifles that are not chambered for .50 BMG and are not on the DOJ roster are legal to purchase or possess, with some restrictions in configuration�known as "banned features." Active-duty military members residing out of state and assigned to duty in California may bring personally-owned assault weapons into the state. The military member's residence must be in a state that permits private citizens to own and possess assault weapons, and the firearms must be registered with the California Department of Justice prior to the servicemember's arrival in California by submitting the registration form with a copy of the member's Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

DEVELOPING: At least two people were shot at a high school in Taft, Calif., Thursday morning and the shooter was taken into custody, local reports say.

Kern County Fire Department said one victim refused treatment at the scene and the other was transported to a hospital. The victims' ages were not immediately released.

23ABC news reported that the station received phone calls from people inside the school who were hiding in closest at Taft High School. The station reported that authorities are sweeping the school. The situation is considered stable.

City manager's assistant Debra Elliott says the shooting was reported shortly after 9 a.m. She did not immediately provide further details.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/10/2-shot-at-california-high-school/#ixzz2Hb9WJrQd

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds so far like possible gang violence.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like a gang shooting or drug deal gone bad. Ban Gangs and Drugs. Chit they already are,

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Hopefully stopped by an "armed" school resource officer...

I found a wizard and asked him if he can remove a curse I had been living with for the last 20 years. The Wizard says, "What were the exact words that were used to put the curse on you." I say without hesitation, "I now pronounce you man and wife."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
or armed teacher

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We already have plenty of laws, time to enforce them.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by bea175
or armed teacher

In CA the teacher would be thrown in Jail and have his life ruined for such a heroic act.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
One person shot at Calif. high school; shooter detained

Doug Stanglin, USA TODAY1:44p.m. EST January 10, 2013
0 CommentsShare

KERO-TV says a shooter has been taken into custody as deputies go room-by-room

(Photo: Google Earth)

At least one person was shot Thursday at a high school in Taft, Calif., KERO-TV reports.

The shooter was taken into custody at Taft Union High School, according to KERO, which reports that it got a tip on the shooting from people hiding in closets inside the school.

KGET-TV quotes Kern County Fire officials as saying the shooting victim was airlifted to Kern Medical Center with unknown injuries and that a second person, with minor injuries, refused treatment at the scene.

Three ambulances and a medevac were sent to the school.

The Associated Press quotes city manager's assistant Debra Elliott as saying the shooting was reported shortly after 9 a.m. local time.

KERO said officers form the Kern County sheriff's department were going room--by-room to secure the school.

Parents were told to pick up their students at the football field, 23ABC reported.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 30 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,074 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,745
Posts18,495,180
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.