Print Thread
Hop To
D
Dano81 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Just wondering which models were drilled for scope use? Also which models had the wing safety and which ones had the slide safety? I found a 30.06 for sale but don't know much about these guns other than that they are good rifles. Anything I should look for?

Thanks
Dan

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Slide safety is the husqvarna small ring commercial 1600 series, wing safety is the earlier Fn large ring series and their military small ring action (model 38). One thing they do have a tendency towards, especially the small ring commercial 1600 seris, is cracking the stock (right behind the tang, between the recoil lug and mag box and between the mag box and the trigger opening. Hopefully, this link works, it will connect you with a canadian site with lots of pics and info on husqvarnas.
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?486796-Husqvarna-Sporting-Rifles

D
Dano81 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Thanks for the info. What would be a fair price for these rifles?

Dan

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Very model/caliber dependant, and of course condition and where in the country you are will have an effect.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dano81

Dan

I love Huskies but they're usually hard to sell for much more than $500 unless they are something special like Crown grade, Imperial grade, or a Mannlicher stocked S&W stamped model.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Dano81

Dan

Look here.

http://757arms.weebly.com/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Dano81 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Yeah the one I found the asking price is 625. Seems to be a little high. I was told it has a 21" barrel and is the " lightweight" version. They seem to be somewhat popular here in Ontario.

Dan

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That's a bit high,unless it is in great shape. There is a model 4000 and 4100 lightweight, the 4000 is much less common, has a monte carlo stock that works a lot better for a scope. You also can have a choice of alloy or steel bottom metal. The alloy has a reputation of cracking/breaking and getting replacements is a bit pricey. You can check Tradex for husqvarna rifles and some parts, though their rifle prices are getting a little "proud" I think. Lots of husqvarnas in Canada.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by patbrennan
That's a bit high,unless it is in great shape. There is a model 4000 and 4100 lightweight, the 4000 is much less common, has a monte carlo stock that works a lot better for a scope. You also can have a choice of alloy or steel bottom metal. The alloy has a reputation of cracking/breaking and getting replacements is a bit pricey. You can check Tradex for husqvarna rifles and some parts, though their rifle prices are getting a little "proud" I think. Lots of husqvarnas in Canada.

My 4100 lightweight has the monte carlo stock as well.

Basically what you look for in a Husky is the slide safety models, unless you happen to prefer the older large ring, flag safety models. I have a Husky with alloy bottom metal and one with steel. Neither has caused any problems and this is the first I've heard of the alloy cracking but I don't doubt it happens.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
These Husky models sure are confusing! As near as I can figure out, according to the Gun Traders Guide , and the Blue Book of Gun Values ; The Husqvarna M-4000 LW has the M/C stock and equates with the S&W Model"B". The M-4100 LW has the classic styled stock, and parallels the S&W Mod: "C"

I have two S&W marked rifles. One in .270 on the 1600 action. It was marked on the tag Mod C when I purchased it from a nationally known Gun Dealer. (Who's to say that the guy who marked it knew what indeed it was...) The other is a .30/06 on the 1900 action and is so Marked: "S&W Mod: C." It has a non Monte Carlo stock with a small cheekpiece..

I have never seen one marked Model "B", so I can't say what they really are. blush But I sure wish I had the non Monte Carlo stock for my .270... I just prefer the straight comb...

Perhaps some fine day, I'll run onto a non M/C in .308... I'd be ecstatic! grin

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't set out to try to figure out all the different Husqvarna models. You'll die young and you'll never get it done. grin

Seriously the Tradewinds imported models have different model #'s from the Smith and Wesson imported models and they have different model numbers from the imported guns marked "Husqvarna Wapenfabriks" and they have different model numbers from the ones sold in Sweden. And none of them are marked with a model number anywhere on the guns themselves, as the numbers only appeared in catalogs. grin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 300_savage, 21 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,626
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.